• Replies 107
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest micksmith

Haven't got any UK left really, Mick Smith is your man for those...going to post up a few random ones now

link

PETE YOU WANNA LEND ANY. YOU DIDN'T SAY WHERE YOU GOT THE JERRY JACKSON FROM. PETE YOU GOT ANY SCANS OF THE FOLLOWING ON UK.

BILLY HARNER-INSTRUMENTAL.

BEN E. KING-CAN'T BREAT THE NEWS.

MARY LOVE-HAND WRITTEN ON KING.

FORK IN THE ROAD-EMBER.

Social source share

PETE YOU WANNA LEND ANY. YOU DIDN'T SAY WHERE YOU GOT THE JERRY JACKSON FROM. PETE YOU GOT ANY SCANS OF THE FOLLOWING ON UK.

BILLY HARNER-INSTRUMENTAL.

BEN E. KING-CAN'T BREAT THE NEWS.

MARY LOVE-HAND WRITTEN ON KING.

FORK IN THE ROAD-EMBER.

link

Sorry didn't realise it was a competition Michael. I got the jerry jackson off some numpty on the internet. The Billy Harner label is identical to the vocal so no point posting that, Mary Love is white label so pointless, Fork In The Road printed a picture of a black issue years ago, I'll let you off with the Ben E King.

Social source share

Sorry didn't realise it was a competition Michael.  I got the jerry jackson off some numpty on the internet.  The Billy Harner label is identical to the vocal so no point posting that, Mary Love is white label so pointless, Fork In The Road printed a picture of a black issue years ago, I'll let you off with the Ben E King.

link

Mick was asking for a scan of Ben E King. I think this one might be Australian or possibly Austrian.

And to get this A -Z back on track, here is an E.

post-1904-1099665653_thumb.jpg

post-1904-1099665771_thumb.jpg

Edited by Billy Freemantle
Social source share

Re Ben E King - thats Australian, I bought one of those from a record fair in Tunbridge Wells for £2, sold it for £30, told the lad who bought it was gonna go big and laughed my socks off - more fool me when it actually did!

Re Chubby Checker - had numerous issues and 2 demos of Discotheque, had 2 issues and one demo of You Just Don't Know - Mick must still have his and now he knows how to upload there'll be no stopping him

Social source share

I was in New Orleans a number of years ago and was in reputedly the oldest working bar in the USA, they had a brilliant juke box and i played this 37 times in a row, for me one of the most heart wrenching, emotion driven records ever cut.

post-1127-1099671500_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Never liked this  :lol:

link

Pete seeing as i don't really know you (except through various e-mail requests for items you have had for sale), thought i'd explain that it really is one of my all time favourite tunes( Ruby: Decieved/Feminine Ingenuity)

yours in good humour Brett

Social source share

I was in New Orleans a number of years ago and was in reputedly the oldest working bar in the USA, they had a brilliant juke box and i played this 37 times in a row, for me one of the most heart wrenching, emotion driven records ever cut.

link

'Cry, cry, cry' must be one of Bobby Bland's greatest Soul-Blues records. It's hard to fault any of the Duke stuff really. I asked a pub entertainer in Dubai if he could do any Bobby Bland. He certainly could and performed virtually the whole damn song book. A local radio jock heard him at another performance and he recorded a CD of that type of bluesy jazzy soulful stuff. For him that was the big time. The irony was that at the time he started on his Bobby Bland ( and Dee Clark and Junir Parker soundalikes) there was definitely not a soul in the bar apart from myself and the missus who had a clue who Bobby Bland was.

Social source share

Pete seeing as i don't really know you (except through various e-mail requests for items you have had for sale), thought i'd explain that it really is one of my all time favourite tunes( Ruby: Decieved/Feminine Ingenuity)

yours in good humour Brett

link

Are you the same Brett Franklin that hates it so much and called his daughter Ruby? Surely not! :thumbsup:

Social source share

'Cry, cry, cry' must be one of Bobby Bland's greatest Soul-Blues records.  It's hard to fault any of the Duke stuff really. I asked a pub entertainer in Dubai if he could do any Bobby Bland. He  certainly could and performed virtually the whole damn song book. A local radio jock heard him at another performance and he recorded a CD of that type of bluesy jazzy soulful stuff. For him that was  the big time. The irony was that at the time he started on his Bobby Bland ( and Dee Clark and Junir Parker soundalikes) there was definitely not a soul in the bar apart from myself and the missus who had a clue who Bobby Bland was.

link

Billy i was in Chicago a while back and was sat in the House of Blues club/restuarant the night before i flew back home, and as i glanced around the posters and flyers on the walls i saw that Bobby Bland was appearing 2 nights later, i could have roared like a red-haired child, just my bloody luck (i'm not a rich guy, and my place of work would finish me if i stayed any longer) so i guess it was fate, would love to see the fellow play live.

Was at Mark Bicknells house the other friday and he had an autographed photo of the legend adorning the wall of his living room..........sooooo jealous

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert