Zanetti

Sherri Taylor

Hi,

Anybody Got An Idea Which Could Be The Rarer One?

JM Listed The PG Label ... Only One Went In The Last Years

post-24106-0-51141200-1423046510_thumb.j

post-24106-0-06710400-1423046524_thumb.j

Thanks In Advance

Zanetti

Paul Gerrani - producer on label PG.Maybe he did this as a private release........

It is obviously a deliverate mistake. Real producer is Paul Ciranni as on Gloreco. Paul Gerranni is a fake. Everything on PG is wrong if you compare both labels.

PG looks like a 70s pressing and it does turn up occasionally around Detroit, but I can't figure out why the pressing was done - a rock n roll revival collectible?

this wasn't played in England until the 80's right?

It is obviously a deliverate mistake. Real producer is Paul Ciranni as on Gloreco. Paul Gerranni is a fake. Everything on PG is wrong if you compare both labels.

Ah.! 

To answer the original question I think that the later pressing is rarer. There have been loads of the Gloreco sold over the past 3 years - I'm just surprised that it still commands a high price. Still a brilliant record though but I'm waiting till the  price falls.

To answer the original question I think that the later pressing is rarer. 

That S what I think Aswell ... But Didn´t Know That The PG copy Is A Boot

To answer the original question I think that the later pressing is rarer. There have been loads of the Gloreco sold over the past 3 years - I'm just surprised that it still commands a high price. Still a brilliant record though but I'm waiting till the  price falls.

The price has fallen considerably with one going for not much more than £200 yesterday. Brad Hales turned up a sizeable quantity a couple of years ago with the first auctioning for about $750. A PG copy sold for a goodly sum a few months ago suggesting this might be an alternative issue. Until the Gloreco hoard came to light, this was the scarcer version: now the PG is relatively scarcer but the doubts surrounding it are justified until someone can verify its origin. I would like to hear John's view of the PG release as there is a story behind it.

I was around when the Gloreco record was released. I used to drive to Detroit 2 Saturdays a month, to look for records.  I saw the Gloreco record several times.  In all my years of flipping through millions of 45s from 1963 to 1972 (Gloreco was 1963), I NEVER saw the PG record.  The type font implies that the PG record was pressed in the late '70s.  So, I suspect that it is a boot, or a late '70s repressing by the owner of the master. The mis-spelling makes me lean towards it being a boot.

Edited by RobbK

I was around when the Gloreco record was released. I used to drive to Detroit 2 Saturdays a month, to look for records.  I saw the Gloreco record several times.  In all my years of flipping through millions of 45s from 1963 to 1972 (Gloreco was 1963), I NEVER saw the PG record.  The type font implies that the PG record was pressed in the late '80s.  So, I suspect that it is a boot, or a late '70s repressing by the owner of the master. The mis-spelling makes me lean towards it being a boot.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Top! Thx Rob

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.