Unknown Northern Soul Dancer From 1988

Pete S

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm sure I saw this person dancing at a bank holiday do at the WOW club in Sheffield, about three years ago so he could be from Yorkshire/the north.

Clip from Jameson's People, BBC 1. Phil Dick was in this, and Ady C. Don't know who this chap is - I bet a lot of you do - he's pretty good though.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

My dear old mate Pete Robinson - presently the Curator of the only British Surfing museum in Brighton.

Was a thread started by Karen Heath a year or so ago when she was looking for him. He came on the site and posted just to say hello, promised he wouldn't be returning (on a regular basis at least) and has kept to his word.

Originates from Wisbech close to gods country :D and now lives in Brighton.

Used to go to niters with the P'boro boys and then was led astray by the the likes of Ady C, Keb and the rest of the 60's mafia :D

Ocassionally attends the Volks dayers with his skateboard under his arm (he does live in Brighton) and can still throw a mean hoof although nowadays his musical preference tends to be ..........drum and base :fool: .

Nice chap!!!!

Social source share

Sorry.. didn't think the foot work was that great myself :D

:D

This to me is the Northern Soul scene, a Northern Soul record being danced to in an energetic classy way by someone who gets it!

I know you don't see a lot of it nowadays as dancing doesn't seem to be as crucial as it used to be but this IMO is what it's all about, a great tune, energy & suss!

Simon

Social source share

Guest SteveC

whistling.gif

This to me is the Northern Soul scene, a Northern Soul record being danced to in an energetic classy way by someone who gets it!

I know you don't see a lot of it nowadays as dancing doesn't seem to be as crucial as it used to be but this IMO is what it's all about, a great tune, energy & suss!

Simon

Spot on - he was great to watch - and unassuming also. We used to call him The Proffessor - for obvious reasons. Think Karen may have been expressing a tad of sarcasm. :thumbsup: Well it couldn't be anything else could it. :ohmy:

Social source share

Spot on - he was great to watch - and unassuming also. We used to call him The Proffessor - for obvious reasons. Think Karen may have been expressing a tad of sarcasm. :D Well it couldn't be anything else could it. :shades:

Or maybe he isn't "fit" enough, eh Karen? :ohmy::D

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

My dear old mate Pete Robinson - presently the Curator of the only British Surfing museum in Brighton.

Was a thread started by Karen Heath a year or so ago when she was looking for him. He came on the site and posted just to say hello, promised he wouldn't be returning (on a regular basis at least) and has kept to his word.

Originates from Wisbech close to gods country :D and now lives in Brighton.

Used to go to niters with the P'boro boys and then was led astray by the the likes of Ady C, Keb and the rest of the 60's mafia :D

Ocassionally attends the Volks dayers with his skateboard under his arm (he does live in Brighton) and can still throw a mean hoof although nowadays his musical preference tends to be ..........drum and base :fool: .

Nice chap!!!!

Ooh I missed this until just now......I would recognise those moves anywhere!

You are right Steve, after I tracked him down he put his nose in here and went away again on his surf board-so elusive!

Social source share

Weston..No way

The only time Ive seen him hit the floor

that quick was in a pub in Aberdeen

when he dropped a pound coin

He dropped that fast to pick it up it hit him on the back of the head :D

I've seen him hit the floor too - when he's had too many beers :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!