booted

Guest northernsoul62

Guest northernsoul62

Hi was emanuel lasky lucky to be loved by you on wild deuce ever booted as i have 2 copies and labels are different also values thanks

not ebay 001.JPG

not ebay 008.JPG

Social source share

That's three different labels at least then , there's one with the "Thelma-Groovesville" in black on the white part of the label on the left-hand side above the red ... and the white demo too , all look legit to me ... regional variants ?

Too abundant and easy to find to warrant booting I'd have thought , even you've got two copies ... :rofl:

EMANUEL LASKY  LUCKY TO BE LOVED NORTHERN SOUL ORIGINAL

Edited by WoodButcher
Social source share

On 19 août 2016 at 16:45, northernsoul62 said:

Hi was emanuel lasky lucky to be loved by you on wild deuce ever booted as i have 2 copies and labels are different also values thanks

Hi, your top one is styrene from a West-Coast pressing plant, the one below is East-Coast vinyl pressing plant. 3rd one from 'WoodButcher' is FROM A TEXAS (corrected from original post) pressing plant. There's also the Sharon Soul on Wild Deuce with the same vinyl variations from the same East-Coasts pressing plants. No BOOT here.

Capture d’écran 2016-08-19 à 21.18.59.pngCapture d’écran 2016-08-19 à 21.19.14.png

Edited by tlscapital
correction not East-Side (NY) but Texas pressing plant !
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

13 hours ago, simon t said:

A lot probably depended on how much Payola you could afford!  The charts were based on sales and radio play so theoretically you could top a chart having sold just 1 record.

It's indeed not a "rare" record. But what a great record ! With 3 different pressing plant involved, the promo copies being the harder to come by with most of the stockers found being pretty worn out, we ought to understand that it was indeed a "popular" record in it's days. Most likely it got at least some air-play and it was definitely a good seller. The best seller for the Wild Deuce label and a Thelma/Groovesville recording (as we love them) !!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!