Colchester Soul Party 24th November

Guest DonnaD

It was another very good do and though numbers were down to about 250-300, the atmosphere was even better. It seemed more relaxed, like people were getting the hang of it. Plenty of good collector's soul records were played along with a sensible amount of classics to keep the momentum going. The second night is usually the trickiest so I think by the time of Eddie Pillar's appearance on the Dec 29th the place will be humming.

Glad it went well, 250 - 300 is a great turnout for any club imo.

I do feel a bit petty now picking up on one picture but at least it generated some chat about the do which can't be a bad thing.

Simon :lol:

• Replies 67
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Glad it went well, 250 - 300 is a great turnout for any club imo.

I do feel a bit petty now picking up on one picture but at least it generated some chat about the do which can't be a bad thing.

Simon :lol:

=============

I'm also glad it went well :lol: Always been a bit of a stickler for dance floor etiquette, but I've mellowed a little recently. As I mentioned in another thread, talking to Maark was quite enlightening, especially his take on 'newbies'. Will definitely give this a go in the future. :P

I have to say, I really enjoyed myself at this one, the atmosphere was brilliant, it was so good to see so many people having a really great time. There were loads of old faces there too that I havn't seen out in years and years. Drinks on the dancefloor didn't seem such a problem either, like Ady said, people seemed to be getting the hang of it and realising that dancing is much more fun than staggering around the dancefloor with a drink. Thanks to all the Djs, Rob, Andy, James and Warren who all played brilliant sets mixing in old classics with rarer stuff - all uptempo pounding music - just how I like it. :thumbsup: I'm really looking forward to the next one on 29th December - Eddy Piller, James Trouble, Ady Croasdell, Warren C and me. Ill post up some pics tomorrow or Tuesday :yes:

I'm so glad I didn't have to partake in Kenny's theme park ride back to North London in just 50 minutes though :lol:

Edited by DonnaD
Guest James Trouble

I thought this was a terrific night. A good mix of people (I'd guess 50/50 soulies and scooterist types to local music fans), a very friendly atmosphere, loads of folk dancing, sound system was thumping, fantastic dance floor and some cracking tunes played. For me it had the lot. Get those pictures up Donna, you took some crackers... :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble
Guest Andy Brazil

I thought this was a terrific night. A good mix of people (I'd guess 50/50 soulies and scooterist types to local music fans), a very friendly atmosphere, loads of folk dancing, sound system was thumping, fantastic dance floor and some cracking tunes played. For me it had the lot. Get those pictures up Donna, you took some crackers... :thumbsup:

agree with all the above :thumbsup:

Despite feeling very ropey on my way

out of London;

once we arrived it was a real buzz to see

the hubbub of excitement & expectation

of the crowd (from all over),queuing up to get in the venue.

the good mix of the knowledgeable & just plain enthusiastic crowd.

i think put all the djs at ease to play what they love,

rather than simply

"playing it safe"

-leading to a good,healthy variety of sounds & very individual sets.

-though i admit,

i pushed my luck with an instrumental :thumbsup:

blush.gif

well done Donna

Warren c.(nice fella,good to meet him)

James.

i can see this night going from strength,to strength.

keep up the good work folks ! thumbsup.gif

I thought this was a terrific night. A good mix of people (I'd guess 50/50 soulies and scooterist types to local music fans), a very friendly atmosphere, loads of folk dancing, sound system was thumping, fantastic dance floor and some cracking tunes played. For me it had the lot. Get those pictures up Donna, you took some crackers... :lol:

I can't find my camera upload gizmo :lol: as soon as I've tracked it down I'll put the photos up :lol:

I can't find my camera upload gizmo frusty2.gif as soon as I've tracked it down I'll put the photos up :D

I'm so glad I didn't have to partake in Kenny's theme park ride back to North London in just 50 minutes though :)

Oi!!you,men and cars,when i say 50mins it like catching a fish,how big/fast :D anyway faster than Adys detour :(

Guest sam lea

This is probably the wrong forum for this question ,but as i am new to this and the scene in general please forgive me .i attended my fisrt ever soulnight last week at Colchester and heard a recor played and would like some more info I think it was called Just another heartache can anybody help?

also would be interested in hearing from any other people esspecially in the Southend area

sam

This is probably the wrong forum for this question ,but as i am new to this and the scene in general please forgive me .i attended my fisrt ever soulnight last week at Colchester and heard a recor played and would like some more info I think it was called Just another heartache can anybody help?

also would be interested in hearing from any other people esspecially in the Southend area

sam

Welcome to the forum Sam, if its a record you herd at this event its bang in the right place :thumbsup:

Sounds to me like it was little richie, click on the player to have a listen

Just Another Heartache - Little Richie -

8581 refosoul

Guest James Trouble

sam

Hi Sam,

Yes, this will be the right place.

The track may well be Little Richie. I think Donna played it?

I think Hayden is from Southend ( saxafone@aol.com ) and a couple of other folk coming to the Chelmsford soul night December 28th from Southend and getting the Stansted Express back afterwards which leaves from right outside the club. That might be worth thinking about. :D

Come on Donna, where are those pictures? If you can't get them up loaded I'll bring my laptop on Saturday and plug your memory stick into that :thumbsup:

:yes:

Hi Sam,

I think Hayden is from Southend ( saxafone@aol.com ) and a couple of other folk coming to the Chelmsford soul night December 28th from Southend and getting the Stansted Express back afterwards which leaves from right outside the club. That might be worth thinking about. :thumbsup:

Come on Donna, where are those pictures? If you can't get them up loaded I'll bring my laptop on Saturday and plug your memory stick into that :thumbsup:

I think Ady has hidden my camera cable to stop me uploading any embarrassing pics of him :thumbsup: If I can't find it today Ill see if I can hunt down a new one later on. It must have been Ady or Rob playing the Little Ritchie, wan't me. Sam, if you come to Chelmsford come and say hello, I'll be skulking around the dance floor somewhere :shades:

Hi Sam,

I think Hayden is from Southend ( saxafone@aol.com ) and a couple of other folk coming to the Chelmsford soul night December 28th from Southend and getting the Stansted Express back afterwards which leaves from right outside the club. That might be worth thinking about. :rolleyes:

Come on Donna, where are those pictures? If you can't get them up loaded I'll bring my laptop on Saturday and plug your memory stick into that ranting_1.gif

I found it :D It was in a box within a box within a box! :D Ill put some pics up later when I get back in - I'm off out for a vegan :shades:

Guest sam lea

Tanks for the responses everyone ,but it definitely wasnt little ritchie,it was a female singer

Not even sure what the title was , unfortunatly cant make colchester this month which is a shame a really enjoyed it anyway if anyone has further inspiration re that song please get back to us

thanks sam

Tanks for the responses everyone ,but it definitely wasnt little ritchie,it was a female singer

Not even sure what the title was , unfortunatly cant make colchester this month which is a shame a really enjoyed it anyway if anyone has further inspiration re that song please get back to us

thanks sam

Its deffinately the one i thought of first then, but cant remember the bloody name of it laugh.gif

This is going to really bug me now :angry: :rolleyes:

thanks sam

Did anyone work out what this record was in the end? :lol:

Did anyone work out what this record was in the end? :yes:

I know exactely what it is, well in my head but cant think of the singer or title :lol:

its midtempo ish, quite a gritty female sounding voice (might be male though)

I know exactely what it is, well in my head but cant think of the singer or title :lol:

its midtempo ish, quite a gritty female sounding voice (might be male though)

Next time you see me - sing it to me :yes:

Source Advert