The Positives

Winnie :-)

==============

Snap, excellent weekend. I know we spoke for some time, I wonder if anyone picked up on the fact I had on a pink t-shirt, and diamond studs in both ears. You did come up with something I thought very interesting, the intimidation factor to newer people on the scene. I never thought that a first timer might look at dancing as daunting because he/she is surrounded by people apparently knowing exactly what to do. I'll definitely try to be more considerate in the future :lol:

Something else that impressed me last night, the group of girls on the other side of the room, I wasn't sure if they were all soulies or not, I suspect the latter, but when one of them had an epileptic fit, the music stopped and everybody tried to help her. Genuine concern amongst the group I was standing with, and not an immediate reaction of she must be drunk. Sometimes you've just got to love the people on this scene :lol::P

Yah know Winnie I never noticed your shirt, which kinda proves my point I suppose! :lol:

I hope the young lady concerned is ok and like you said, the reaction from everyone was spot on. :lol:

One more positive for me, I don't think I would have ever spent so much quality time with my family if it wasn't for the soul scene. :D

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mrs norman maine

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said in all these great posts :lol: .

But just one thing......

I thought for all these years that every stranger who came over to me for a chat was on the pull :lol::D

I therefore assumed that I am a complete and utter fox (quiet there at the back).

And now, like Fagin-I think I'd better think it out again..... :P

Social source share

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said in all these great posts :lol: .

But just one thing......

I thought for all these years that every stranger who came over to me for a chat was on the pull :P:lol:

I therefore assumed that I am a complete and utter fox (quiet there at the back).

And now, like Fagin-I think I'd better think it out again..... :D

I'm not sure if any women have pointed it out in this thread yet, but my female friends/sisters say one of the BEST things about the soul scene is that, it they wanted to, they could go to a do on their own and feel totally comfortable which in this day and age is really something! :lol:

Of course though, as you have discovered, that is partly due the the guys placing the music above women in order of importance, Just for a few hours mind.... :lol:

Edited by Maark
Social source share

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said in all these great posts :thumbsup: .

But just one thing......

I thought for all these years that every stranger who came over to me for a chat was on the pull :lol::D

And now, like Fagin-I think I'd better think it out again..... :yes:

==============

I'm not letting you anywhere near my hen-house :D:P

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Always playing in my head, the soundtrack to my life.

I must have the soulie gene, because when i hear it my feet want to go into twinkletoes mode and whizz my old heavy body around at speeds far too undignified for it's age - but who cares! And good people too !

Social source share

Don't Tell Me Maybe - the capitols - karen

12295 refosoul

Positives for me is still managing to find neck tingling 60's tunes that you either missed the first time around or forgot in the deluge. Bit like i did with this one.Still no need to throw my lot in with the 80's & 90's sound yet eh : )

Social source share

Don't Tell Me Maybe - the capitols - karen

12295 refosoul

Positives for me is still managing to find neck tingling 60's tunes that you either missed the first time around or forgot in the deluge. Bit like i did with this one.Still no need to throw my lot in with the 80's & 90's sound yet eh : )

My favorite Capitols tune...well this and Cool Jerk

Bazza

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert