deena johnson

Phillydog66

19 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Thought would take this opportunity to post Brad's story here, hope you don't mind

https://www.jango.com/music/Brad+Lundy/_full_bio

Interesting but none of this is right though;

He had finished the songs “I’m At The Breaking Point” and “Lonely Boy” for RCA Records. It was during this time, that Brad’s manager found out that RCA Records was being sold...

What for a story is that ?

...So Brad thought that he would consult with Mr. Charles Carter and find out what he thought he should do. Mr. Carter suggested that Brad should start a label which was named Lundy Records. Brad wrote, partly arranged, produced and performed the single "I’m At The Breaking Point" with the flip side "Lonely Boy"...

Seriously doubting that the 1965 Deena Johnson on Wild Deuce credits are a fraud and the date of it's actual release a "glitch".

...It became a two sided hit record which played for two years in the Bahamas and eventually it was released in the United States, the Caribbean and Europe. It became a world-wide record. Still today it is perhaps one of the biggest selling records. This is just a sample of what Brad would have done, has there have been numerous other releases.

Minor local hit with USA and Caribbean independent releases, that's all.

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tlscapital said:

Interesting but none of this is right though;

He had finished the songs “I’m At The Breaking Point” and “Lonely Boy” for RCA Records. It was during this time, that Brad’s manager found out that RCA Records was being sold...

What for a story is that ?

...So Brad thought that he would consult with Mr. Charles Carter and find out what he thought he should do. Mr. Carter suggested that Brad should start a label which was named Lundy Records. Brad wrote, partly arranged, produced and performed the single "I’m At The Breaking Point" with the flip side "Lonely Boy"...

Seriously doubting that the 1965 Deena Johnson on Wild Deuce credits are a fraud and the date of it's actual release a "glitch".

...It became a two sided hit record which played for two years in the Bahamas and eventually it was released in the United States, the Caribbean and Europe. It became a world-wide record. Still today it is perhaps one of the biggest selling records. This is just a sample of what Brad would have done, has there have been numerous other releases.

Minor local hit with USA and Caribbean independent releases, that's all.

How very interesting

Another thread on it here

Brad.jpg

Deena.jpg

Egg.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!