Peoples Records In Detroit

HI,

HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN TO THIS SHOP IN DETROIT,

I JUST SPOTTED IT ON EBAY, burl*one IS HIS NAME ON EBAY.

HE'S ALWAYS GOT LOTS OF 45s FOR SALE.

============================================

When in Detroit, please visit People's Records at 615 W. Forest, between Second and Third. We are an all vinyl, all second hand shop, located 5 blocks away from Fortune Records, and 1 mile from Hitsville U.S.A. We have TONS AND TONS OF SOUL 45's!

=================================================

JOE.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

HI,

HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN TO THIS SHOP IN DETROIT,

I JUST SPOTTED IT ON EBAY, burl*one IS HIS NAME ON EBAY.

HE'S ALWAYS GOT LOTS OF 45s FOR SALE.

============================================

When in Detroit, please visit People's Records at 615 W. Forest, between Second and Third. We are an all vinyl, all second hand shop, located 5 blocks away from Fortune Records, and 1 mile from Hitsville U.S.A. We have TONS AND TONS OF SOUL 45's!

=================================================

JOE.

YES BEEN TO THIS SHOP. BRAD IS A NICE GUY WITH LOADS OF 45s. I WILL BE THERE IN 2 WEEKS TIME. HOPEFULLY I WILL BE DOING SOME FILMING WITH SOME ARTISTS AND I MAY INCLUDE THIS SHOP.

Social source share

Brad Hales is the owner of this shop,he still has access to untold amounts of records,as previously stated has an e bay site,all the knackerd tunes go on here,the better quality stuff is in his shop or go on to lists..

Brad plays guitar in a band in detroit along with Robert Lowe and one member of the precisions group. He was due to come to Prestatyn last year and stay with me and Mandy,but due to unforseen family problems he could not make it (flights booked and paid for,big winter coat at the ready)i did feel for him.

He said on the phone when we organised him coming over he had never seen the Precisions together although he knows them all,but never seen them do a live show.

Brad is real nice guy once you get to know him,he will never do you a bad deal on a record..

Social source share

Joe, I think if Brad is on Ebay, and I've seen his ads, I doubt there's much chance of picking up a bargain cheap at his shop. I'd suggest that if you're going over to Detroit the idea would be to find the places where Brad gets his stuff, other than with people just walking into his shop with 45s to offload.

No reason not to call in but I'd guess he'd run his stuff through Ebay first.

ROD

Social source share

Guest malayka

Joe, I think if Brad is on Ebay, and I've seen his ads, I doubt there's much chance of picking up a bargain cheap at his shop. I'd suggest that if you're going over to Detroit the idea would be to find the places where Brad gets his stuff, other than with people just walking into his shop with 45s to offload.

No reason not to call in but I'd guess he'd run his stuff through Ebay first.

ROD

As stated by Toby, Brad has loads of good stuff in the shop. He doesn't put it all through Ebay first. Yes you could try and find stuff from the original sources as Brad does. But it's hard, Brat has built up an extensive network of contacts through out the City. So lots of stuff comes to him and he is there every day unlike visitors from outside the city. Brads is one of the few shops in the US I visit every time I'm there and always come out with a couple of lesser known things for myself and some great stuff for resale. Brad knows I need to buy at a price that will give me a profit and he is always willing to haggle. I always recommend his shop to anyone that asks. Great shop and a great mate for many years.

Dave

Social source share

GREAT!

He actually has tons of 45s, and at veeeeeery good prices :wicked:

I bought a lot of records at less than 70%of their UK price, the only problem is the condition, most of them are VG or VG+

And Brad is a relly cool guy..

Cheers from Mexico

Dante

Edited by Dante
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert