"I've got to face it" - Heartbreakers - Derby City

Solidsoul

Hi, I have a mint copy of this record apart from a small pimple/bump in the vinyl about half a minute into the song.The grooves go over it. It plays fine with no problem.

I have noticed other copies with the same pimple at the same place in the vinyl. Have all copies got this pressing flaw or are some ok with no small pimple/ bump in the grooves?

IMG_1059 (1).JPG

Edited by D9 Ktf
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

On 30/08/2021 at 15:52, D9 Ktf said:

Hi, I have a mint copy of this record apart from a small pimple/bump in the vinyl about half a minute into the song.The grooves go over it. It plays fine with no problem.

I have noticed other copies with the same pimple at the same place in the vinyl. Have all copies got this pressing flaw or are some ok with no small pimple/ bump in the grooves?

IMG_1059 (1).JPG

Judging by the lack of replies, all other copies must have the same fault. Otherwise somebody would of liked to say there copy is faultless. Either that or no one can be bothered enough to go and have a look!

Edited by D9 Ktf
Social source share

as far as I know dimples in the vinyl can have two reasons. Either the stamper was faulty, then all copies would have the very same dimple(s) at the very same spot. Or inferior quality vinyl was used. Then dimples may have resulted from dust or something like that in the hot vinyl.

As some of you have fine copies and others haven't I guess second reason is appropriate. On the other hand, if all faulty copies have dimples at the very same spot then there were two presses. One with a matrix from a fine stamper. One with a matrix from a faulty stamper.

Social source share

11 hours ago, Benji said:

as far as I know dimples in the vinyl can have two reasons. Either the stamper was faulty, then all copies would have the very same dimple(s) at the very same spot. 

On the other hand, if all faulty copies have dimples at the very same spot then there were two presses. One with a matrix from a fine stamper. One with a matrix from a faulty stamper.

The dimple is in the exact same spot on the vinyl in every case. The record plays great with no problem as the playing groove is fully there.

Social source share

Thanks for flagging this up. I don’t have my copy to hand, but I will check it next time I shuffle through the box. I think it’s OK and I would imagine the few I sold on were not marked. My copies came from Skippy White’s in Cambridge MA. I left a load of copies behind. I also left a load of Exits in the basement as this was just before demand shot up. I must have left 100 plus Precisions on Skippy’s label behind too. When the sales assistants in Cheapo’s Records across the street realised what Skippy had, they cleaned him out of the best stuff including a box of goodies I set aside to pick up on the next trip.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!