Covid and Events

Soulhock

Just now, Source said:

best if try and keep the topic about covid restrictions related to events 

expanding things to cover anthrax and bird flu ain't really welcome

thanks !

I'll stay out of this one then as my opinions facts and truths etc will obviously offend and certainly don't fit the narrative.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

35 minutes ago, Mssoulie said:

I'll stay out of this one then as my opinions facts and truths etc will obviously offend and certainly don't fit the narrative.

it's a topic about events and covid restrictions

which is being discussed in our main soul forum on here

as such your thoughts on bird flu and anthrax are off topic and as said not really welcome 👍

------------------------------------

posts merged

----------------------

off topic post dropped

if needed use the support forum for moderation feedback - doing such on the topic just further damages the topic

---------------------------

moderation related posts dropped as requested please use the feedback/support forum for such discussion

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/forum/41-site-support/

Edited by Source
edited
Social source share

21 hours ago, Timillustrator said:

It's not that hard though. I've been to a couple of gigs in recent months where they needed this. In both cases there was one person on the line asking to look at everyones phone for the QR code and then waving them in. Younger demographic perhaps though because 100% of attendees had a smartphone which may not be the case at every soul do.

I'm sure if 40,000 plus fans can be checked at football matches, a couple of hundred at niters being checked is hardly the most difficult thing out there, and as for some older people not having smartphones, it's easy to get a paper copy showing proof of vaccinations from the NHS website.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

27 minutes ago, Hill868 said:

I'm sure if 40,000 plus fans can be checked at football matches, a couple of hundred at niters being checked is hardly the most difficult thing out there, and as for some older people not having smartphones, it's easy to get a paper copy showing proof of vaccinations from the NHS website.

It is a simple process but as usual people want to make it difficult 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

10 hours ago, Source said:

topic titled 

Events...Some not so obvious restrictions

has been merged into this one, to try and keep covid related event discussion in one place

ask use the current affairs forum topic for wider covid discussion

thanks again

same old story

5 posts moved from this our covid related event topic to the covid discussion topic

this topic is set up to offer members a place event related covid discussion, use the current affairs one for more general covid discussion!

Social source share

On 09/09/2021 at 06:50, Leicester Boy said:

What? Over 80% of the population are double vaccinated and yet they only make up 33% of hospital admissions and virtually none are dying. 10% of non vaccinated population make up 65% of hospital admissions. Maybe maths isn't your strong point if you think vaccinations aren't working. Never said you couldn't get covid when double jabbed only the chances of death are negligible. Have a great day.

Maths isn’t my strong point either lost count of how many last posts you have had  !!!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

let's get back to events and covid...

a timely  pulse check?

how have events been so far over this holiday period?

busy?

restrictions ( if any) working / being followed etc?

many members planning going out for nye ?

sure peoples thoughts/takes be of interest

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 16/12/2021 at 09:12, Source said:

topic titled 

Events...Some not so obvious restrictions

has been merged into this one, to try and keep covid related event discussion in one place

ask use the current affairs forum topic for wider covid discussion

thanks again

The strict 'rule change' after 1 am is the main antagonist to events...those finishing before 1am are pretty much business as usual in respect of rules/regs

To me it would make more sense to finish before 1am and avoid the legal restrictions around the covid status activities,,but hey ....some wanna go for it...so be it

1 hour ago, Rick Scott said:

Edited by Jez Jones
mistake
Social source share

Ours at Gainsborough , the Weston Rooms has been well attended over the last 3,   Aug, Oct and Dec,  the December 1 was the lowest turnout but still nearly 100 people in the room, which is comfortable with seating well spaced, we had quite a few messages from regulars not attending because of covid .   Ideally that's the sort of number we would like to keep it at for everyone's comfort , we only do about 6 a year  with next not until February . [ Imho overkill is just as bad as covid ] .Ticket only may be the way forward to keep numbers at comfort level, we did have people turn away at the August 1 because they felt too many were in.   It's not going to be easy and people will have to make there choices to venture out or not. Try and keep safe everyone and a happy new  year to one and all.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!