News: Digital Soul Single Releases 2023

Funk Night Records have just released this fine single, great version, though digital only at moment, hopefully a 45 is on its way..

image.png

There Was A Time
Rickey Calloway & The Tennessee Band

Album • 1 SONG • 3 MINUTES • MAY 16 2023

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Let me tell you a story about a girl up in Glory

Our new single Glory is inspired by the power of human spirit. Taken inspiration from some of our favorite artists, our moms , even people of the night, we’ve all have had life corner us and had to make much out of a little. We’ve all got a bit of magic in our hands, and have the power to make a little a lot.

https://gabriels.lnk.to/glory

Social source share

a just sent in...

' I wanted to share some incredible news about my latest song release, "DJ Spin That Song Again." The song has been doing well, charting in the UK Top 100 downloads for rnb/soul music.  The time is right for this song to become an ultimate summer hit! 

"DJ Spin That Song Again" is a tribute to the music legends who have paved the way for generations. Inspired by the likes of Earth Wind & Fire, Chaka Khan, Diana Ross, and many more, this track blends nostalgic vibes with a fresh, modern sound. It's my way of paying homage to the legacy artists who continue to inspire me.'

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

digital release out today

Maiiah & the Angels of Libra – I'm A Good Woman (Barbara Lynn Cover)

I'm A Good Woman“ will be available on all streaming platforms from June 30th.

Video by Jens Vetter, shot at Bekegg Studios, Rastede.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 19/05/2023 at 20:32, Scotters said:

Good shout…lots out there digital only I struggle to keep up with!

Been enjoying the album by October London for several weeks now, ‘The rebirth of Marvin’ (I think still download only unless anyone can say otherwise) and this track in particular…’Make me wanna’:

Album of the year so far imo. Loads of great tracks.

Social source share

I like lots of new releases; both of old tracks & newly cut tracks .... I even get them in digital format, if cheap, free or sent to me.

BUT, I don't value them in digital form (my age I guess). I have been supplied with lots of unreleased tracks over the last 10 / 15 years in digital form but tend to leave them on old computers & therefore lose them .... that's the reason I always prefer cuts in a physical form (vinyl or CD).

• Up vote 1
Social source share

This has a nice jazzy vibe. 

I agree with Roburt about downloads. The emotional attachment just isn't there for most of them. I still buy a few I like as I hope that eventually a physical release will happen - most recent example of which is Acanthe Lang who finally has a whole album release. 

Edited by Dukeofburgundy
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Roburt said:

I like lots of new releases; both of old tracks & newly cut tracks .... I even get them in digital format, if cheap, free or sent to me.

BUT, I don't value them in digital form (my age I guess). I have been supplied with lots of unreleased tracks over the last 10 / 15 years in digital form but tend to leave them on old computers & therefore lose them .... that's the reason I always prefer cuts in a physical form (vinyl or CD).

Sites like Bandcamp are full of countless number of high quality new releases available only as digital download.

Social source share

Just shows how easy it is for digital releases to go unnoticed (by me at least) ... This track is decent but it's 11 years old now ... from DC ... the Ambitions -- 

"Barely Crawlin'" - YouTube >>  www.youtube.com/watch?v=qesShr-bBB8

there's also a video of them doing it live up on youtube.

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

This just reinforces my earlier statement ....

Seems Mayfield Records (of Portsmouth) are about to put out another album by their house band, Mayfield.

All the tracks have been put out as digital singles in the past and haven't really registered (with me anyway). But they're decent soul cuts & I'll certainly be buying the (physical) album.

An old digital & actual release from them ..

Edited by Roburt
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!