New $tateside releases

I saw them the other day and asked elsewhere.  Warner group who own the label are behind them.  Two of the titles were put out a few years ago (2017 ish), Dean Rudland was behind those.  He isn't behind these releases though, two the same and a third.  He was going to ask a question about them so if he gets an answer and responds I'll let you know.

what is the 4th btw, only seen three?

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

29 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I saw them the other day and asked elsewhere.  Warner group who own the label are behind them.  Two of the titles were put out a few years ago (2017 ish), Dean Redland was behind those.  He isn't behind these releases though, two the same and a third.  He was going to ask a question about them so if he gets an answer and responds I'll let you know.

what is the 4th btw, only seen three?

look like they are individually shrink wrapped too!

image.png.9fecbf30eb904bced1f01d0f4f3cb0a4.png

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I haven't been able to get hold of the correct person at Warners, but the reason for the titles is that these are the ones that ended up being owned by UK Warners after they bought out the EMI UK catalogue in the early 2010s. Basically the Roulette catalogue and the associated (ie bought up by Levy) labels, so Calla, Port, Colpix etc.

The two that were issued in 2019 came in the same packaging as all four are appearing in today.

I presume that they've got a plan, and if anyone tells me what it is I will post here.

Since the relaunch in 2017 there have been very few reissues, but they have included a Ray Charles Atlantic singles CD, and Nina Simone Colpix singles set, and the Candi Staton unreleased Fame tracks LP.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Dean Rudland said:

I haven't been able to get hold of the correct person at Warners, but the reason for the titles is that these are the ones that ended up being owned by UK Warners after they bought out the EMI UK catalogue in the early 2010s. Basically the Roulette catalogue and the associated (ie bought up by Levy) labels, so Calla, Port, Colpix etc.

The two that were issued in 2019 came in the same packaging as all four are appearing in today.

I presume that they've got a plan, and if anyone tells me what it is I will post here.

Since the relaunch in 2017 there have been very few reissues, but they have included a Ray Charles Atlantic singles CD, and Nina Simone Colpix singles set, and the Candi Staton unreleased Fame tracks LP.

Would be nice if they revisted some of the "Talcom Soul " CDs , be nice to see some of the rarer tracks on Stateside for the 1st time instead of tunes previously rereleased on earlier projects .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!