Loretha Vanover - Come on lets do it.

This is currently on Tim Browns auction, and if i had not  sold up some years ago, would have definitely been in my box tonight. I have very rarely heard this played, and my only recollection of it being played was at an early lifeline. Is this correct, has it been played regularly been played and who has pushed this at nighters/nights. Brilliant record - Thank god i sold up.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I have played the flip a few years back at a local downbeat gig before they became the norm, but in reality just another southern soul curiosity. As for 'Come on', well in my opinion there are a whole load of tracks like that on the likes of early Gwen Mcrae and Betty Wright LP's which in my little world are far superior in every department, but they would never get a look in, due to being album tracks by well known artists. 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I sold my second copy on here for £30 a year or so ago, do you think I dropped a bollock there? Good record, but when it came sto sell some stuff, it was gone, again! lol

Dunno why they listed 'Come on Let's Do It', its not a patch on the flip 'I'm Here to Give it to You'.  Actually 'Come on Let's Do It' sounds really really ropey, I hate that organ in the background... shrirrruuurrrr !

Chas Ann Records.jpg

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert