James Barnett Keep on Talking

Maxwell

Artists doing their version of an old song can work if they bring a fresh approach but Texas seem to be jumping on a bandwagon, anyway no one could better James Barnett, not even Philip Mitchell.

One upside is that writers  Dan Penn and the relatives of Rick Hall should be in for a pay out and there is a small chance that some one could shed light on what happened to the mysterious Mr Barnett.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

James Barnett - to die for when I got my first copy back in '72 - and a serious rarity at that time - still get's the hairs on the back of your neck. Incidentally that copy got knackered by some drunk twat leaning over the decks at the 'Engine',  Coalville as it was being played at their regular Monday night back room gig.

Social source share

Ouch! I had the same thing happen to me at a do by a rather AMPLE CHESTED young Lady who leaned over the decks and caught the Balance Mechanism at back of the Tone Arm badly scratching my copy of Cornell Gunter - Love In My Heart (Together Records) now with a loud click at the intro, was not playing at the time but all cued up to play, was not best pleased as i never even got an apology, was gutted as just purchased from Soul Bowl for £75 which was a lot of money back then and was about to get its first airing for me 😪

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!