Song ID - Fresh Meat S3E2 Final scene?

I am really hoping that you may be able to help in identifying a song that has been stuck inside my head for several years.

I was watching the TV comedy Fresh Meat (originally on Channel 4, now on Netflix/Amazon) and at the end of Episode 2, Season 3 there is an upbeat northern soul style track played over the end scene and credits. It is a great track and I am desperate to hear it in full, but unfortunately I have never heard it anywhere else.

I have tried to search for the lyrics with no luck. I attempted to contact the original production company and several of the music editors/composers that worked on the show but sadly only one person replied and they couldn't remember the name of the track. I even tried contacting the Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show but got no reply. After several attempts at finding an answer all trails went cold and I am hoping beyond hope that a member of this forum may know the track details.

I have managed to isolate the 50sec sound sample from the episode, but can't seem to find an option attached an audio recording onto my post.

The lyrics from the sample are:

Back in the days when we were young

We were so care free and full of fun

I want to know now what has changed

Our expectations are not the same

But I have wanted to walk away

I just can't do it even though I have tried

Won't you come back to me

Give me all your lovin' and you set me free

Any help from the hive mind would be most appreciated.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

So it is a female lead vocal.

Oddly enough I have just looked at the episode on daily motion, and that does indeed have Aretha franklin, Say a little Prayer at the end, but the version that is on amazon prime has the original track that I am referring to.

How bizarre that it was changed, I'm guessing there was some rights issue.

Does anyone know if/how I can upload the audio clip I have of the track?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert