Marva Josie 'Don't' on UA demo vinyl or styrene

Go to solution Solved by Bo Diddley,

Never had one or even less more than one in hand and so here goes my quest ; is the 'Terre Haute' (Columbia) pressing actually a vinyl or a styrene pressing ? This pressing plant did both and some releases came out as both styrene and vinyl variants so I am now wondering...

Am asking now since I thought that this 45 only came on styrene in the USA. But I now see that her other UA 45 'birthday fella' came out on vinyl for this 'Terre Haute' pressing and 'don't' came out on styrene ('Monarch' pressing plant) but what about the Terre Haute pressing ?

---------Monarch styrene-------------------Terre Haute vinyl----------

Capturedcran2024-04-1422_00_26.thumb.png.fd57a030418258a09cfb59570efb3908.pngCapturedcran2024-04-1422_00_11.thumb.png.fbcbf9596b0648d86da960bb3b1073b2.png

--------Monarch styrene--------Terre Haute vinyl & / OR styrene ?--

Capturedcran2024-04-1422_02_04.thumb.png.de7687e13c8c9811dea46d0d550283c6.pngCapturedcran2024-04-1421_58_43.thumb.png.66854acf0d93daa11029166e4be9695d.png

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I have it on ZTSP Columbia, which is East Coast (New York), not Terre Haute.  There was an L.A. Monarch pressing, on styrene.  I have that one too.  It is, of course styrene.   I've never heard of any ZTSC Columbia Terre Haute (styrene or otherwise).   I'm not with my 45s now so can't check.  But, I think my ZTSP East coaster is styrene, but not completely sure.  Seems to me that I've seen quite a few mid '60s UA ZTSP white DJs that are vinyl.

Social source share

Hi Robbk, alright so in a haste I went too fast in a hurry to state these where 'Terre Haute' pressings but not. My bad. Thanks for the correction then. Although they are Columbia (but New York). Yes the Monarch is styrene, this I know. But I have not yet seen that Columbia pressing and all the images on the net don'y allow me to visualize better. With her other 'Birthday fella( being vinyl I was suddenly wondering... So yes if you could check that would be greatly appreciated. Tim

Social source share

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bo Diddley said:

Hi Tim,

I have this ZTSP one which is Styrene.

Is that the one you wanted to know about? If not, sorry for butting in!!

Cheers,

Kev Bod

Yep. Perfect Kev. And on your scan I see (at 2 & 3 O'Clock)  the styrene beveled outer edge shine with the stuck on paper label. thanks a bunch.

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert