Northern Soul Beer

BrianB

I was in the Scarisbrick Hotel in Southport this weekend, and they were selling a beer called Landslide by Tony Clarke.

The pump front had a photo of Tony, and images of a guy dancing and some 45s.

Couldn't get any info of the Polish barman. Got a photo on my phone, but don't know how to put it up on here.

Then went to TK Maxx after around 6 pints of Landslide, and the first record I heard was Girl Across the Street!

Any one shed any light on the ale?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest edsuede

Here's the website for the Northern Brewing Company, not sure if Landslide is on there..

https://www.norbrew.co.uk/ :hypo:

:lol: Cheers for posting this link. Just been on the site - what a great range! I'm making enquiries about getting some sent up to Scarborough!!! :lol:

Social source share

Do a search on here, this thread pops up every few months.

Brewery is co-owned by a soulie called Col Stubbs from Winsford, and is on the Chester Road, near Sandiway Northwich Cheshire.

he's a great guy with a great taste in music (& beer!)

You can visit the brewery, and they were in the process of setting up a bar area to sample the beers when I dropped a record off for Col a few months back.

Also had loads of the old pump badges, so you may be able to buy/blag a few...I blagged 'em of course... :lol:

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Do a search on here, this thread pops up every few months.

Brewery is co-owned by a soulie called Col Stubbs from Winsford, and is on the Chester Road, near Sandiway Northwich Cheshire.

he's a great guy with a great taste in music (& beer!)

You can visit the brewery, and they were in the process of setting up a bar area to sample the beers when I dropped a record off for Col a few months back.

Also had loads of the old pump badges, so you may be able to buy/blag a few...I blagged 'em of course... :wicked:

I'll have to pay Col a visit.. must be due a few free pints for advertising his beer for him :lol:

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Excellent idea. I rang them yesterday after seeing the post on here. I suggested a stout called 'Velvelette' and he resonded with a 'Velvet satin'.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert