My Dear Heart,alt Version,on This Site

losing the plot here i have searched s/source site but can anyone point me in the right direction to the diff version of my dear heart, i have heard this before on this site but cannot find it...thanks soulie55... :unsure::shades::D

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest martinsbox

losing the plot here i have searched s/source site but can anyone point me in the right direction to the diff version of my dear heart, i have heard this before on this site but cannot find it...thanks soulie55... :unsure::shades::D

Not The Supremes crap version . . . or the Motown instramental vesion surely?? Shawn Robinson IS the version!!

Martin

Social source share

hello mr martin cook or one of those bedford mid 70s ruffians including your good self tony warot,mr hammie,etc,etc..bus from bedford to wigan mid 70s etc...there is another version of shawn robinson on this site a great girly version same backing track i think but i cannot find it anymore please help..soulie55..between bedford and cambridgeshire!!

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

hello mr martin cook or one of those bedford mid 70s ruffians including your good self tony warot,mr hammie,etc,etc..bus from bedford to wigan mid 70s etc...there is another version of shawn robinson on this site a great girly version same backing track i think but i cannot find it anymore please help..soulie55..between bedford and cambridgeshire!!

Very dark between Bedford and Cambridgeshire this time of night. I live in Bedfordshire, but work in Cambridgeshire. If the records out there, I'd never find it!!!

Mr M Cook

Social source share

Very dark between Bedford and Cambridgeshire this time of night. I live in Bedfordshire, but work in Cambridgeshire. If the records out there, I'd never find it!!!

Mr M Cook

top marks mr cook thats the one!!!! i want,barb merc not as good as s/robinson on minit did this version come out on an original 45 or was it one of those unissued thingys thanks mate,...soulie55...im an old mate of yorkies... from the darkside btwix beds/cambs soulie55

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

top marks mr cook thats the one!!!! i want,barb merc not as good as s/robinson on minit did this version come out on an original 45 or was it one of those unissued thingys thanks mate,...soulie55...im an old mate of yorkies... from the darkside btwix beds/cambs soulie55

It was an unissued Motown track, and I know of only one person with it. To be quite honest if it was any good, it would have been sourced long ago. The record has just not got any guts to it. To be quite honest . . . I could whistle better. :unsure:

Social source share

It was an unissued Motown track, and I know of only one person with it. To be quite honest if it was any good, it would have been sourced long ago. The record has just not got any guts to it. To be quite honest . . . I could whistle better. :unsure:

hey martin,i love the backing track sounds a bit more stompy "ish" than the s/rob on minit which will never be out of my top ten 45s,if u know what i mean this version would make a great inst sounds diff to me ????,when/where/what year was this version played and who played it first, is it a motown/golden world thingy???...soule55.. :shades::D:lol:

Social source share

Diana Ross & Supremes definately did a crap version (very very weak). I've heard the acetate of both the vocal and instrumental!! I don't know of any other version. If it's better than Shawn Robinson's classic, I'd love to hear it.

Martin

IVE BEEN INFORMED THAT ITS NOT DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES AND AFTER I HEAR THE TRACK I DO AGREE, I DO KEEP PLAYING THE TRACK WHATS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SUPREMES BUT MY THOUGHTS ITS NOT THEM. I DO LOVE THE BARBARA MERCER VERSION RECORDED AT GOLDEN WORLD. CAN ANYONE PUT THE SUPREMES VERSION UP AND ALSO LISTEN TO BARBARA MERCER AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK.

Social source share

IVE BEEN INFORMED THAT ITS NOT DIANA ROSS AND THE SUPREMES AND AFTER I HEAR THE TRACK I DO AGREE, I DO KEEP PLAYING THE TRACK WHATS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SUPREMES BUT MY THOUGHTS ITS NOT THEM. I DO LOVE THE BARBARA MERCER VERSION RECORDED AT GOLDEN WORLD. CAN ANYONE PUT THE SUPREMES VERSION UP AND ALSO LISTEN TO BARBARA MERCER AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK.

barb mercer is a great great version thanks!!!,brill vocal but shaun robinson on minit vocal better my opinion only,love em both!!... :unsure::shades::D

Social source share

About 5 years ago, I received a CD of unissued Motown stuff from a good friend of mine who has a great contact in the States. I've had unissued stuff from him before on tapes when CD was'nt invented!

Anyway, to cut a long story short...'My Dear Heart' is on the CD as EDNA WRIGHT...apparently Rita's sister.....

Social source share

About 5 years ago, I received a CD of unissued Motown stuff from a good friend of mine who has a great contact in the States. I've had unissued stuff from him before on tapes when CD was'nt invented!

Anyway, to cut a long story short...'My Dear Heart' is on the CD as EDNA WRIGHT...apparently Rita's sister.....

YES THAT COULD BE TRUE ABOUT EDNA , ALSO EDNA RECOREDED A LOT OF STUFF WHICH CAME OUT CREDIT TO BRENDA HOLLOWAY.

Social source share

I thought the Supremes and Barbara Mercer version of My Dear Heart was the same recording, just that it had a cover-up artist and an assumed real artist, which may or may not be correct.

Are there actually two different versions apart from Shawn Robinson ??

Cheers

Mick

https://northern-soul-records.com

Social source share

I thought the Supremes and Barbara Mercer version of My Dear Heart was the same recording, just that it had a cover-up artist and an assumed real artist, which may or may not be correct.

Are there actually two different versions apart from Shawn Robinson ??

Cheers

Mick

https://northern-soul-records.com

It was played out covered as the Supremes/Diana Ross and then later assumed to be Barbara Mercer if I remember rightly. Why it was ever played out I'll never know, it's shite compared to Shawn Robinson, suppose it's one of those played cause it's unreleased rather than for it's quality.

Social source share

please post the Supremes and the Barbara Mercer versions so folk can compare.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

hi there, i've been looking for this track by barbara mercer, but can't find any info on release. as i read, i get suspicious it wasn't released, could anyone prove me wrong with a cat. nr

for the walks asuming it's a crap i should say it's the best tracks in few months i've heard :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert