Lowton 2 Room Extravaganza 13/4/07

AT LAST!... SEEMS LIKE AGES SINCE THE LAST ONE!

FRIDAY 13th APRIL

8pm - 2am

** LOWTON CIVIC HALL**

2 INCREDIBLE ROOMS OF SOUL

MAIN HALL

VANESSA * KEV MURPHY * BARRY MALEADY

CHRIS KING * KARL HEARD * KARL RHODES

DDA

KARL RHODES * JOAN LIVESEY * PAUL SADOT

with

VERY SPECIAL GUESTS

MARIA WILLINGHAM & CHRIS JONES

thumbup.gif

Edited by jumpinjoan
  • Replies 53
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

BLOODY HELL......................Maria and Chris!! Its going to be a night of proper soulful bliss! Seems like an eternity since the last one ...been straining at the leash to get out and play! See you there .......

yes.gif paul-s

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE D.D.A!!

Edited by paul-s
Guest Paul Brennan

Cannot wait for friday to come round, DDA room one of the best nites in the country,if you are looking for that something a little bit different. Main room offering the best in classics, something for everyone, don't miss it :thumbsup:

Paul

i think the rally drivers coming should have a few of us coming up for this top night :(

...nice one Steve, means you will make it in 'RECORD' time! Ha! boo! :lol:

Any of our North East friends coming.......Kev J, its been a while since you DDA'ed? :thumbsup:

paul-s

Cannot wait for friday to come round, DDA room one of the best nites in the country,if you are looking for that something a little bit different. Main room offering the best in classics, something for everyone, don't miss it :lol:

Paul

Great stuff Paul... see you Friday :(

i think the rally drivers coming should have a few of us coming up for this top night :(

...nice one Steve, means you will make it in 'RECORD' time! Ha! boo! :lol:

Any of our North East friends coming.......Kev J, its been a while since you DDA'ed? :thumbsup:

paul-s

Paul , the night has unfortunately clashed with The Brit in Newton Aycliffe which is being promoted by Gaz, Kev, Shep and Pete Foster.

The date was booked well in advance and no alternative could be offered which is a great shame.

The ethics in supporting local events have to be honoured but we will be at Lowton at the next opportunity.

I must say it's proving difficult to get everyone together these days with commitments at work , home and on the venue front .

There just seems to be too many events in the North at the moment so It's a case of selecting the cream of the crop.

You know that we love the DDA for it's dedication , passion and diversity of music and this is what makes it one the best events on offer in the country at the moment, definately the cream of the crop.

Can we have future dates posted up so we can start planning now for the next ones !

Hope you all have a cracking night on Friday.

Kev J

Edited by ZTSC

Where exactly is Lowtown. Anybody got directions?

Just had a quick look on route planner... its about 60 miles from Chesterfield... i'm hoping thats where you're from.

Its also about 6 miles from Wigan... and 15 miles from Manchester.. just to give you some idea where abouts it is.

Anyway... here's hoping you can make it... its great fun... and come and say hello if you do :thumbsup:

Paul , the night has unfortunately clashed with The Brit in Newton Aycliffe which is being promoted by Gaz, Kev, Shep and Pete Foster.

The date was booked well in advance and no alternative could be offered which is a great shame.

The ethics in supporting local events have to be honoured but we will be at Lowton at the next opportunity.

I must say it's proving difficult to get everyone together these days with commitments at work , home and on the venue front .

There just seems to be too many events in the North at the moment so It's a case of selecting the cream of the crop.

You know that we love the DDA for it's dedication , passion and diversity of music and this is what makes it one the best events on offer in the country at the moment, definately the cream of the crop.

Can we have future dates posted up so we can start planning now for the next ones !

Hope you all have a cracking night on Friday.

Kev J

Hi all, first time I¢Å¾¢ve had to get to computer after Easter with relatives over from Ireland. Anyway Kev, the dates for Lowton are always the second Fri in the month mate.

Can't wait for this now after a soulless weekend. Going to be great with Maria and Chris guesting aswell.

See you all at the DDA

Karl

Edited by karl
Guest Doris

I thought the Carlisle collective were playing this month - now they have some quality records.....................

Doris

Sorry heard a rumour that some rare collectors from Carlisle - Dickie watts, Arthur and the like were at lowton - must be having a bad day

Doris

Edited by Doris

Ok... here are the DJ times for the DDA... as always.. shout if any problems

:boxing:

8-9 . RESIDENTS

9-9.30 . . . KARL

9.30-10 . . . CHRIS

10-10.30 . . . PAUL

10.30-11 . . . MARIA

11-11.30 . . . JOAN

11.30-12 . . . CHRIS

12-12.30 . . . KARL

12.30-1 . . . MARIA

1-1.30 . . . PAUL

1.30-2 . . . JOAN

:shades:

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Ok... here are the DJ times for the DDA... as always.. shout if any problems

:thumbsup:

8-9 . RESIDENTS

9-9.30 . . . KARL

9.30-10 . . . CHRIS

10-10.30 . . . PAUL

10.30-11 . . . MARIA

11-11.30 . . . JOAN

11.30-12 . . . CHRIS

12-12.30 . . . KARL

12.30-1 . . . MARIA

1-1.30 . . . PAUL

1.30-2 . . . JOAN

Following Karl and yourself eh Joan hmmmmm be nice to me now wontya :thumbsup:

I cant wait

Cannot wait for friday to come round, DDA room one of the best nites in the country,if you are looking for that something a little bit different. Main room offering the best in classics, something for everyone, don't miss it :thumbsup:

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for that and quite right too IMHO. The DDA in the back room is just superb but add to that the main room, which has always been one of the best Northern Rooms in the country under the direction of Mr Murphy, and you really have a special night. This month will be no exception with Karl Rhodes, Karl Heard and Chris King guesting, expect the unexpected! Really can't wait

Edited by BazM
Guest Spinning Vinyl

Just think about me and Paul having to follow Maria!

Can't wait for Friday.... its going to be TOP... don't go forgetting the Stunners now will ya :D

Well I was thinking that was a blessing for myself TBH rather you then me :D

Stunners all packed are raring to spin :thumbsup:

Guest Paul Brennan

Hi Paul, thanks for that and quite right too IMHO. The DDA in the back room is just superb but add to that the main room, which has always been one of the best Northern Rooms in the country under the direction of Mr Murphy, and you really have a special night. This month will be no exception with Karl Rhodes, Karl Heard and Chris King guesting, expect the unexpected! Really can't wait

Yes,

totally with you Baz on this one, superb venue, if you are out and about in the North West, this weekend, then Lowton on friday is thee place to be! both rooms bangin at last one, get yer arse down there, promise you will not be dissapointed :D

The three K's, all bearing gifts no doubt, easter ok, but should really be a christmas line up :D . An old mate of mine coming down Friday, not been out in a while so will deffo appreciate the top tunes, that those three will be putting out :thumbsup: . Very upfront DJ line up for main room, I doubt there will be even an average, nevermind poor track played in both rooms all night. Cannot wait, only two more wan*Ks, I mean sleeps

Paul

Guest sharynm

I thought the Carlisle collective were playing this month - now they have some quality records.....................

Doris

Sorry heard a rumour that some rare collectors from Carlisle - Dickie watts, Arthur and the like were at lowton - must be having a bad day

Doris

Hi

They do normally play in the main room every year around about this time, but I don't know where they are on. I'll check with Kev for you and let you know smile.gif

hey you lot really looking forward to friday,just consulting with my mentor [ bloke called carl ] before the tunes are selected. will defo bring eddie holland along, my favourite at the moment plus a few other new bits we've bought since i was last at dda. please let me know if there are any there are any other requests.

by the way before anyone else suggests that it's my 50th this time i am defo only 49 although i did had to check as one or two people almost convinced me i'd lost a year.

looking forward to hearing chris play again, he was top last time.

maria

p.s watch out for paula durante acetate and as a special treat may just bring the supremes acetate.

hey you lot really looking forward to friday,just consulting with my mentor [ bloke called carl ] before the tunes are selected. will defo bring eddie holland along, my favourite at the moment plus a few other new bits we've bought since i was last at dda. please let me know if there are any there are any other requests.

by the way before anyone else suggests that it's my 50th this time i am defo only 49 although i did had to check as one or two people almost convinced me i'd lost a year.

looking forward to hearing chris play again, he was top last time.

maria

p.s watch out for paula durante acetate and as a special treat may just bring the supremes acetate.

she's 50 shhh.gif

Absolutely!

I am sooooo excited.. got butterflies...or it could be my dinner... anyway who cares...CAN'T WAIT! :thumbsup:

Hi Boss, times are fine with me chuck, i'm allways easy you know that. Been that busy with work just of late havent had time to post much at all. Anyway realy looking forward to tomorrow it's going to be a cracker.

Maria will you bring that c/u with you? (dont suppose you would leave that one behind anyway)

Baz,

Paul and myself are going to get there around 7ish mate to help you set up both rooms.

See you all tomorrow

Karl

Hi Boss, times are fine with me chuck, i'm allways easy you know that. Been that busy with work just of late havent had time to post much at all. Anyway realy looking forward to tomorrow it's going to be a cracker.

Maria will you bring that c/u with you? (dont suppose you would leave that one behind anyway)

Baz,

Paul and myself are going to get there around 7ish mate to help you set up both rooms.

See you all tomorrow

Karl

WE'LL GET THERE ABOUT EIGHT TO DRINK THE PLACE DRY :thumbsup: JUST KIDDING :ohmy:

HI KARL YEAH WILL BRING THE COVER UP,LIKE YOU SAID NOT LIKELY TO FORGET IT, ANYTHING ELSE? SEE YOU TOMORROW, MARIA

No Maria just that one for me, dont realy want to give you loads of requests, just please yourself behind those decks and have fun girl. :ohmy:

I know you will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Not long now!!!!!!!

Karl

Guest Paul Brennan

ANYTHING ELSE? SEE YOU TOMORROW, MARIA

Yes I would like to request once again Milton James - Lonely Feelin - Dore

been a play for Carl and Maria for a while now but still a top, top tune

LOVE IT!

Paul

she's 39 :thumbsup:

And doesn't look a day older ! (it's that new image you know Joan)

Maria - Killer hair do , killer heels and killer records as well :rolleyes:

Enjoy the evening .

Kev

Source Advert