Roy Handy

Guest Lobster Madras

Guest Russ Smith

Ive just received a Roy Handy....... Baby thats a groove on Stephanye. ( Off Evilbay)

The item was described as a "Stamped original"

The copy i received has no stamped in ZTSC , just a written in type matrix.

I think its a boot or were they lighter green and shiny ?

bloody memory is starting to go......

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Russ Smith

Thanks, this one is the boot... Smooth label, non styrene.

Seller swears he found it in the USA...( Which means naff-all !)

Social source share

Guest Hector Rivera

You could complain to him and try to get refunded (as an 'item not as described'). If not, hope you give him the negative feedback he deserves Russ!

Gene

Hi,

I'm the seller of this record. A few points :

1 The record originally came from Saturn as part of the West Coast haul of a few years back along with

a few other Stephanyes (Shirley J Scott etc). Not conclusive but not "naff all" either.

2 Russ had already contacted me before posting here and was offered the 100% no quibble refund I

offer everyone.

3 It's hard enough selling on E-Bay at the moment (Anyone watch Working Lunch today ?) without

someone who doesn't know me wishing me to get negative feedback on a public forum.

I've bought and sold with many other Soul Sourcers who'll , hopefully (!) vouch for my honesty.

If I got it wrong I got it wrong, not the first time and won't be the last. I offered a full refund - don't really

know what more I could do. The sale price of this BTW was £9.99 ............

Charlie Gillan

Edited by Hector Rivera
Social source share

I don't really get this.

I have what I have thought was a boot (got it too cheap, so I've assumed boot).

Label colour is like the original posted above. It has the 'TI' in the deadwax, but the deadwax is only 8mm.

It seems to be vinyl (moulded label), the funny thing is that the scratched deadwax etchings are:

'ztsc 103536'

and

'ztsc 107537'

what's that all about ?

Social source share

I don't really get this.

I have what I have thought was a boot (got it too cheap, so I've assumed boot).

Label colour is like the original posted above. It has the 'TI' in the deadwax, but the deadwax is only 8mm.

It seems to be vinyl (moulded label), the funny thing is that the scratched deadwax etchings are:

'ztsc 103536'

and

'ztsc 107537'

what's that all about ?

Hi LarsC

Sorry, I should have Mentioned that the Boot does indeed have "ZTSC 103536" & "ZTSC-107537"

Scratched in the Deadwax

Yes, "ZTSC 103536" ?

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I don't want to cause any confusion, and I don't know about this case, but in some cases there actually is vinyl pressings of supposedly styrene only records, pressings that are not boots that is. Some of the Revilot and RicTic 45's that you 99 times out of a 100 see on ZTSC styrene also exist on vinyl, and as far as I can tell they are not boots but more likely pressings done at smaller local plants to cover an extra need at the time or something. Darrel Banks Revilot 45's, a few Edwin Starr Ric Tic 45's and others that you usually only see on styrene do exist on vinyl, and by all accounts they are not any kind of boots. So theoretically I guess it is possible that previously unseen original vinyl pressings of other ZTSC (and other plants) styrene pressings do exist. Anyone else have any thoughts on this matter? Perhaps it would fit better in a thread of it's own. Another unrelated example is the Pearlean Gray record on Green Sea, some pressings that are believed to be boots are most likely originlas, since copies have come from untouched old 60's warehouse stock, covered in old dust, grease ("vinyl sweat") and all.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I don't want to cause any confusion, and I don't know about this case, but in some cases there actually is vinyl pressings of supposedly styrene only receords, pressings that are that are not boots that is. Some of the Revilot and RicTic 45's that you 99 times out of a 100 see on ZTSC styrene also exist on vinyl, and as far as I can tell they are not boots but more likely pressings done at smaller local plants to cover an extra need at the time or something. Darrel Banks Revilot 45's, a few Edwin Starr Ric Tic 45's and others that you usually only see on styrene does exist on vinyl, and by all accounts they are not any kind of boots. So theoretically I guess it is possible that previously unseen original vinyl pressings of other ZTSC (and other plants) styrene pressings do exist. Anyone else have any thoughts on this matter? Perhaps it would fit better in a thread of it's own. Another unrelated example is the Pearlean Grey record on Green Sea, some pressings that are believed to be boots are most likely originlas, since copies have come from untouched old 60's warehouse stock, covered in old dust, grease ("vinyl sweat") and all.

Hi

I have to agree, that there has been Vinyl Press Copies of "Agent Double "OO" Soul" Edwin Starr - "Oh How Happy" Shades Of Blue.

It can be difficult.

The Pearlean Grey does have two Presses.

Green-Sea_104-B_DJ.jpgGreen-Sea_104-B.jpg

These two both have Identical Scratched Matrix in the Deadwax.

There is also the Stamped Matrix.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert