Confession Time

Whats lurking at the back of your your play box, but if you're honest you'll never get around to playing it out.

Here's a couple of mine for starters

Major Lance - Rhythm - Okeh Picture Cover, stunning looking record but never been tempted to play it out.

Spooky & Sue - I've Got The Need Picture Cover, same again lovely record, but can't ever see me playing it.

Four Tops - Walk With Me Talk With Me Darling - UK Motown Demo, truly awful record but I just like it there.

Something about green & white demos, just easy on the eye.

Col.

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsy

Whats lurking at the back of your your play box, but if you're honest you'll never get around to playing it out.

Here's a couple of mine for starters

Major Lance - Rhythm - Okeh Picture Cover, stunning looking record but never been tempted to play it out.

Spooky & Sue - I've Got The Need Picture Cover, same again lovely record, but can't ever see me playing it.

Four Tops - Walk With Me Talk With Me Darling - UK Motown Demo, truly awful record but I just like it there.

Something about green & white demos, just easy on the eye.

Col.

you pissed again Colin :thumbsup:

some people would love them tunes in thier playbox :(

Edited by Bearsy
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Not really. Although if you'd seen me DJing in Aldershot earlier tonight you'd have thought otherwise.

:(

i got the 4 tops but its not in my playbox, its for one of them lively motown nights to get the old gits jiveing, not played it yet and probably never will :thumbsup:

Social source share

Not really. Although if you'd seen me DJing in Aldershot earlier tonight you'd have thought otherwise.

colin you were truly awful

why dont you tell the truth

the best record you played was....time gentlemen please by watney coombe and reed

you started off with a cheapie and the value of each record doubled as you went through your set

after an hour of dross the last record was valued at £20

it was good to see you though

Social source share

:(

i got the 4 tops but its not in my playbox, its for one of them lively motown nights to get the old gits jiveing, not played it yet and probably never will :thumbsup:

How dare you , How very dare you ......

I have never jived in my life ..... :(

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Malc Burton

Malc, it's never too late to start :thumbsup: Mine would have to be Barbara Hall 'They call it love' on Jet Set...FABULOUS record but I never seem to get round to playing it. Infact, I'm going to go and put it at the front of my box NOW..... :( Jo

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Malc Burton

I bet you have Malc you just aint realised your style of dancing has changed over the years :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Malc, it's never too late to start :thumbsup: Mine would have to be Barbara Hall 'They call it love' on Jet Set...FABULOUS record but I never seem to get round to playing it. Infact, I'm going to go and put it at the front of my box NOW..... :( Jo

oooooh matron :(

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

colin you were truly awful

why dont you tell the truth

the best record you played was....time gentlemen please by watney coombe and reed

you started off with a cheapie and the value of each record doubled as you went through your set

after an hour of dross the last record was valued at £20

it was good to see you though

Its times like this Colin your glad you got the moral support of your friends :(

Social source share

O.k,here's mine,not at the back of playbox 'cos my playbox has no order/organisation whatsoever....just stuff that I haven't played out yet and keep pickin up and halfway to decks,change my mind....

Mamie P Galore...you got the power

Patti Austin....someone's gonna cry

Gwen Owens...i lost a good thing

The Upfronts.....baby for your love

Whispers...you got a good man on your hands

Rayons.....you confuse me baby

Versatiles...your good enough for me

Four Tempos..this is the way I feel

Emotions....got to be the man. :(

Edited by dancingcollector
Social source share

I thought it was by Barbara Long? - 'We called it love' Top tune indeed, remember mate Nige getting a copy of this from Keb circa 1990 for £150. Deffo think you should sell it to me Jo! :(

A few I couldn't play for one reason or another;

Eddie Day & 4 Bars - What's on your mind SHELLEY

George Cameron - My heart tells me so PORTRAIT

Roy Hamilton - Earthquake EPIC

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

come on

10 off topic posts to what could have been a interesting thread

if you wanna bit of banter at least try and make some response to the original topic sleep.gif

Sorry Mike ( sound of wrist being slapped ) ......

Several tunes from my playbox that I always pull up , and never get around to spinning .....

Jimmy Hughes " It Was Nice " ( Fame )

The Daniels " Big City " ( Lamtam )

Liz Lands " one Man's Poison " ( One - der - ful )

The Coasters " Act Right " ( Turntable )

Roscoe Robinson " How Many Times Must I Knock " ( Sound stage 7 )

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

O.k,here's mine,not at the back of playbox 'cos my playbox has no order/organisation whatsoever....just stuff that I haven't played out yet and keep pickin up and halfway to decks,change my mind....

Patti Austin....someone's gonna cry

Rayons.....you confuse me baby

Have played the Patti Austin from time to time, usually goes down well.

I prefer the flip of the Rayons though - Baby be good (while I'm gone) although I haven't actually played it out yet.

Social source share

I thought it was by Barbara Long? - 'We called it love' Top tune indeed, remember mate Nige getting a copy of this from Keb circa 1990 for £150. Deffo think you should sell it to me Jo! :thumbsup:

A few I couldn't play for one reason or another;

Eddie Day & 4 Bars - What's on your mind SHELLEY

George Cameron - My heart tells me so PORTRAIT

Roy Hamilton - Earthquake EPIC

earthquake should be played alot more often , great tune , i had it on a white demo but swapped / traded it on :O(

Social source share

earthquake should be played alot more often , great tune , i had it on a white demo but swapped / traded it on :O(

Indeed. :thumbsup: Had a demo of this at first, but had to take it back as it had a click. Ended up with a mint issue. Perhaps a bit too early to be played out?

Freddie Gorman - The day will come - MIRACLE. Another for that list.

What ever happened to the spirit of Stafford eh? :lol:

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

I'm not djing very often but here is a few that i tend to take with me but never play:

Vi Campbell - Seven Doors, Peacock. Played it once in an R&B club.

Dan Folger - Way Of The Crowd, Elf. Played out twice very early when it was just me and my frend in the whole place.

Volcanos - A Ladys Man, Arctic. Great but hard to dance to. Have played the other side (Help Wanted) a couple of times.

Social source share

Interesting to see Rhythm at the top of your list. Rhythm covered by a Burlington, NC band -- The Inmen, Ltd.--is the #1 beach music song in the southeastern coastal states these dates. It's a pretty innovative cut that actually has The Impressions singing backup.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert