Carrie Cleaveland On Audio Ent

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Carrie Cleaveland "Make love to me" Heard Paul S play this on Friday, and then it pops up on Giles Peterson show on Radio 1!!

After a bit of digging I found out A/ she did an album but its not on the album

B/ the single was pressed, but not released, 'cos they didn't like the mix

C/ It was then released with a new mix that was not as good, apparently.

D/ album available in Denmark, with single included on it, but a different slower mix, again!

Upshot, anyone got a copy of the good one presumably the demo? A couple of demos went thru ebay a while ago for $199-$220

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

Please may I have one of these aswell, if two of the better mixes turn up !!!

Thank you

Russ

For an orderly line! "no pushing at the back, Mr Vickers! :unsure:

Social source share

Carrie Cleaveland "Make love to me" Heard Paul S play this on Friday, and then it pops up on Giles Peterson show on Radio 1!!

After a bit of digging I found out A/ she did an album but its not on the album

B/ the single was pressed, but not released, 'cos they didn't like the mix

C/ It was then released with a new mix that was not as good, apparently.

D/ album available in Denmark, with single included on it, but a different slower mix, again!

Upshot, anyone got a copy of the good one presumably the demo? A couple of demos went thru ebay a while ago for $199-$220

hi trev

try andy dyson, he had one on a sales tape a few months ago, you never know

cheers

phil

Social source share

Guest Trevski

hi trev

try andy dyson, he had one on a sales tape a few months ago, you never know

cheers

phil

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest jinx74

"Cool" Chris Veltri of Groove Merchant record store in San Francisco originally came up with the copies. while there were a hundred of the regular version w/ the annoying organ there were only a handful of the Demos. dont know if he has anymore though and carrie doesnt have any records at all as well.

good luck!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

"Cool" Chris Veltri of Groove Merchant record store in San Francisco originally came up with the copies. while there were a hundred of the regular version w/ the annoying organ there were only a handful of the Demos. dont know if he has anymore though and carrie doesnt have any records at all as well.

good luck!

Got one, via Andy D. :thumbsup:I also wrote to her to ask, but it would appear that it was a waste of time then!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

YOU CAN HEAR IT AT DDA ON FRIDAY!!! HA! :ohmy:

I might be hearing it on Friday morning at my gaff, if Andy runs to the post office! laugh.gif

Give it some hammer in the DDA tho' Paul, It deserves to be massive! Best thing I've heard for ages!

Can't make the DDA this time, Got stuff to do Saturday, unfortunatly.

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

What do you mean by album available in Denmark?....it's from Oakland, right? If you found it in Denmark then I'm pretty sure it's some collector or dealer who imported it.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

What do you mean by album available in Denmark?....it's from Oakland, right? If you found it in Denmark then I'm pretty sure it's some collector or dealer who imported it.

Dunno, think it might have been re-issued, by them as on the site its marked as Denmark original, while the single (crap mix) is marked as USA original. I was also told, buy a guy in Oakland, that the track in question is not on the album, but maybe they meant the single mix is not?

https://www.recordmania.net/index.php?PHPSE...=search_records

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Dunno, think it might have been re-issued, by them as on the site its marked as Denmark original, while the single (crap mix) is marked as USA original. I was also told, buy a guy in Oakland, that the track in question is not on the album, but maybe they meant the single mix is not?

https://www.recordmania.net/index.php?PHPSE...=search_records

This must be a mistake in the listing. I got the original and it's on something called Cleve/Den maybe that caused the mistake. It don't say anything about Denmark. I can not imagine anyone in Denmark reissuing this.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

This must be a mistake in the listing. I got the original and it's on something called Cleve/Den maybe that caused the mistake. It don't say anything about Denmark. I can not imagine anyone in Denmark reissuing this.

Must be a mistake then. The guy I spoke to from Oakland said it wasn't on the album, which is what made me think it might have been a re-issue, but apparently he was wrong, and it is on the album, just a slower, inferior mix. Someone on Gemm is selling an 45 issue atm for $300, but it aint worth getting unless it's the demo, which is, according to posts, and Andy D, very hard to come by. It was a complete 'home made' job, according to the Oakland guy, written by Bill Cleveland, and other family members playing on it. The 45's were pressed up for CC privately, and the album as well, hence the Cleve bit of the Cleve/Den label. Don't suppose she could afford to have too many made.

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Trevski

GLAD YOU LIKED IT!! THE FLIP IS GREAT ASWELL !! paul-s :(

Arrived today, and your right! :P

Flipside "I need love" is very good! I remember now, this was the side you played at Wilton. Made my ears prick up!

Social source share

Source Advert