A Few Rare 45's For Sale

Pete Burton

A Few Rare 45's For Sale

Just PM or Email me for any further details, label scans, offers, trades etc.

Email: peter.jburton@ntlworld.com

The Carpets - Keep Pushing On - Show Me (VG+ condition, sticker on label) £275

Arthur Freeman - You Got Me Up Tight - Jumbo (VG++ condition) £275

Eddie Hill - Nothing Sweeter(Than You Girl) - M-S (M- condition) £200

The Three Jades - Makes My World Go Round / I Care For You - Maurci (M- condition) £200

Jackie & Tonetts - The Proof Of Your Love - D-Town (M- condition) £150

The Primes - Gotta Go Now / Who Do I Turn To - Lota Soul (G+ condition visually but plays VG fine for DJing......Impossible to find record in any condition !) £245

The Fabulous Impacs - My Baby - Bomb (M- condition, Stafford Classic) £150

Soul Searchers Band - Sad Sad Story - Dart (Ex condition) £130

Rose Brooks - I'm Moanin' - Soul City Demo (M- condition, slight pressing noise b/w 10 - 30 seconds in) £175

Len Jewell - Bettin' On Love - Fontana White Demo (VG++ condition, slight silverfish damage to label 8mm around centre hole) £175

The Fantastics - That One / High Note - Copa (M- condition, rare first issue) £125

Tip Tops - A Little Bit More - Roulette Demo (M- condition) £50

Appreciations - Shee Never Really Loved Me - Sport Demo (VG++ condition) £75

I can accept payment by UK cheque, Cash, Money Order (£ Sterling) & PAYPAL (£ Sterling or $ US Dollars). But Please Add +3% for Paypal Payments.

Buyer pays recorded delivery postage - £2.20 UK/£3.00 Europe/£4.00 Worldwide.

ANY OFFERS OR TRADES FOR WANTS ARE WELCOME !!!!

Thanks for looking.

:P

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Do what?????

You've led a very sheltered life Pete if you've never seen an insect damaged label.

Presumably you know what silverfish are because most houses have some and we sometimes get them in the understairs cupboard at home..........well sometimes thay eat some of a paper label when it's been stored in dark and slightly damp storage for years.......seen loads affected by this...surprised you haven't heard it before.

:wicked:

Social source share

You've led a very sheltered life Pete if you've never seen an insect damaged label.

Presumably you know what silverfish are because most houses have some and we sometimes get them in the understairs cupboard at home..........well sometimes thay eat some of a paper label when it's been stored in dark and slightly damp storage for years.......seen loads affected by this...surprised you haven't heard it before.

:wicked:

No I do know what a silverfish is but I'm surprised you copied the original sellers comments lock stock and barrel, he might as well just have said half the label is missing from the centre outwards

Social source share

No I do know what a silverfish is but I'm surprised you copied the original sellers comments lock stock and barrel, he might as well just have said half the label is missing from the centre outwards

"original sellers comments lock stock and barrel"..........Don't really know what you're on about Pete.................as for the description there's a Scan attached.........hardly half the label missing is there, in fact I think you'll find that there's 8mm of label missing exactly as I described ????

If you've got a problem with my sales just let me know what it is ?

Len_Jewell.bmp

Social source share

"original sellers comments lock stock and barrel"..........Don't really know what you're on about Pete.................as for the description there's a Scan attached.........hardly half the label missing is there, in fact I think you'll find that there's 8mm of label missing exactly as I described ????

If you've got a problem with my sales just let me know what it is ?

Len_Jewell.bmp

This exact copy was on ebay a few weeks back with that exact same description. If you were selling it then I apologise for accusing you of plagiarism, if you weren't then I don't apologise for bringing up the silverfish comment which is a ridiculous excuse for that label damage and was the reason I didn't buy it when it was on there.

I have no problem with your sales list whatsoever. Just wanted to know why you mentioned silverfish. Maybe all the sellers should get together to put a new abbreviation on their lists - SFDOL - silverfish damage on label

Social source share

This exact copy was on ebay a few weeks back with that exact same description. If you were selling it then I apologise for accusing you of plagiarism, if you weren't then I don't apologise for bringing up the silverfish comment which is a ridiculous excuse for that label damage and was the reason I didn't buy it when it was on there.

I have no problem with your sales list whatsoever. Just wanted to know why you mentioned silverfish. Maybe all the sellers should get together to put a new abbreviation on their lists - SFDOL - silverfish damage on label

Pete, that was me selling it on ebay (username Soulbeagle) I put it on Buy-It-Now and it didn't sell, I actually got the record a while ago at a soul night in Desborough from Dave Welding.

Anyways, If you look carefully at the scan you can actually see where the label has been nibbled away from the centre.......BY SILVERFISH.

But hey who gives a toss anyway......whereas you see this as some attempt to excuse the label damage......all I was doing was just trying to be helpful with an accurate description. Next time I will follow your professional advice and just put "Half of Label Missing"

Social source share

Pete, that was me selling it on ebay (username Soulbeagle) I put it on Buy-It-Now and it didn't sell, I actually got the record a while ago at a soul night in Desborough from Dave Welding.

Anyways, If you look carefully at the scan you can actually see where the label has been nibbled away from the centre.......BY SILVERFISH.

But hey who gives a toss anyway......whereas you see this as some attempt to excuse the label damage......all I was doing was just trying to be helpful with an accurate description. Next time I will follow your professional advice and just put "Half of Label Missing"

Well that explains it. I happen to know that Dave Welding does in fact have a pet silverfish so I can now understand how the damage occurred. My apologies to all concerned.

Social source share

got one somewhere

thats a silverfish damaged 45 not a actual silverfish

was told its the paste that they like and they eat the paper to get at it

quite distinticive , like pete b says sort of nibble marks with paper half showing white at edge where they been eating

had a childhood memory of some sort of very small fishy/insect shiny type things that used to find knocking round the plughole when go to run a bath or fill a sink

took it something like that ?

or maybe just a usa sort of thing?

resisting the urge to google them, so any silverfish experts ?

laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Used to have them in the office stationary cupboard, they like the adhesive from envelopes, trouble is I had a client who got a nice letter with a bill for services rendered and a silverfish. He did ask whether we'd be charging extra for it. As I couldn't work out whether VAT should be charged I let him have it for free.

I'm not sure if he kept it as a pet though, do they need much walking?

Social source share

From Wikipedia:

The favourite food of silverfish is any matter that contains starch or polysaccharides, such as dextrin in adhesives. These include glue, book bindings, paper, photos, sugar, hair, and dandruff. Silverfish can also cause damage to books, tapestries, and textiles. Silverfish will commonly graze in and around showers, baths and sinks on the cellulose present in many shampoos, shaving foams and so on. Apart from these cases, the damage caused by silverfish is negligible and they have no direct effect on human health beyond psychological distress to people who dislike them. Other substances that may be eaten include cotton, linen, silk and synthetic fibres, and dead insects or even its own exuvia (moulted exoskeleton). During famine, a silverfish may even attack leatherware and synthetic fabrics. In extreme cases, silverfish may live for a year without eating.

post-85-1182699694_thumb.jpg

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert