Lightwater

Guest Bearsy

paul, Soul Inc was on the cd i gave you wasn't it? :lol:yes it was Dave, i got half of the tunes on that CD now, best CD ive ever been given for quality of tunes on it 29 out of 29 pure quality :)

And yes - you missed the best nite :yes:I realise that now but then again i had a great weekend by the sea at Camber :)

got any more CDs done yet Dave,

ps, its not cheap either is it that Soul Inc :D

• Replies 67
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsy

isnt it funny that every event bearsy misses turns out to be great :)

Always the bloody way Mate :lol:

Anyway back to 1 or 2 rooms,

I would prefer 2 rooms personally, i like a bit of everything and actually like to hear a nice across the board night of soul, I think you get the right crowd to keep all happy and should try to do that with 2 rooms.

All you need to do is get the Bar upstairs open first and formost, people can handle going downstairs for a wee wee as usually thats normal anyway at all soul nights.

Sound limiter is not the end of the world as its a compact room and the night i was up there when the speakers blew the sound level was more than ok. bloody good to be honest.

Just get the bloody bar opened and all will be well.

The music will do the rest thats for sure,

One thing is for sure Moldie, the snobs off each particular genre of soul ie- modern/60s oldies etc will start to think twice about making the journey if they are only getting 50% of what they like in a night,

you have had 2 rooms for too long to stop it now even if the last couple in 1 room have been good nights,

Modern downstairs is a must for Lightwaters future and across the board upstairs.

GET THAT BLOODY BAR OPENED UPSTAIRS AND NOW :yes: .

If anybody else wants expert advice on how to run thier event properly please feel free to contact and i shall sort you out too.

Bearsy

Always the bloody way Mate :D

Anyway back to 1 or 2 rooms,

I would prefer 2 rooms personally, i like a bit of everything and actually like to hear a nice across the board night of soul, I think you get the right crowd to keep all happy and should try to do that with 2 rooms.

All you need to do is get the Bar upstairs open first and formost, people can handle going downstairs for a wee wee as usually thats normal anyway at all soul nights.

Sound limiter is not the end of the world as its a compact room and the night i was up there when the speakers blew the sound level was more than ok. bloody good to be honest......... :lol:

Just get the bloody bar opened and all will be well. ....... :) would be nice, but not a priority IMO (only 'cos I'm driving)

The music will do the rest thats for sure, .......... :no:

One thing is for sure Moldie, the snobs off each particular genre of soul ie- modern/60s oldies etc will start to think twice about making the journey if they are only getting 50% of what they like in a night, ..........I don't think there's any "snobs" at Lightwater (1 or 2 right 'erberts maybe :) ). Personally, I just hear a tune and like it or not - if someone wants to categorise those likes and date them there's not much I can do about that. Sadly I think you've made a valid point here Bearsy as there are a few faces I haven't seen at Lightwater for a while.

you have had 2 rooms for too long to stop it now even if the last couple in 1 room have been good nights,

Modern downstairs is a must for Lightwaters future and across the board upstairs.......or t'other way round :yes:

GET THAT BLOODY BAR OPENED UPSTAIRS AND NOW :P .

If anybody else wants expert advice on how to run thier event properly please feel free to contact and i shall sort you out too.

Bearsy

Good Luck Moldie, with whatever course you follow.......and Bearsy - see you at the next one!

"STOLEN HOURS"

RAMSGATE 21st JULY

Guest Bearsy

Good Luck Moldie, with whatever course you follow.......and Bearsy - see you at the next one!

"STOLEN HOURS"

RAMSGATE 21st JULY

Kevin Kent you knob i was directing the snobby bit at you :lol::yes: you f******g hate modern you 60s snob you :):D .

I will be there thats for sure Kev :) do you want a lift next time so you can get pissed for a change :no:

Guest Bearsy

No and No

:(

i recently read a thread where it was played and a figure of 4g put next to it :ohmy: , not many about either i would imagine.

it has fast become a favourite of mine Dave thanks to that CD and Ernie & Ed but i got that now :thumbsup:

cant wait for another lipsmacking though :D

My sincere apologies to Moldie and everyone for not being at all well enough to Dj at Lightwater this Saturday just gone. Really miffed that I couldn't be there, especially after seeing the pics from the night - however, I have now been signed off from work for two weeks, and am still quite unwell.

My personal thanks to Dave for standing in at the last minute, and also to Warren for agreeing to take me to Lightwater in the first place. I hope to see you all at some point later in the year.

Gene

My sincere apologies to Moldie and everyone for not being at all well enough to Dj at Lightwater this Saturday just gone. Really miffed that I couldn't be there, especially after seeing the pics from the night - however, I have now been signed off from work for two weeks, and am still quite unwell.

My personal thanks to Dave for standing in at the last minute, and also to Warren for agreeing to take me to Lightwater in the first place. I hope to see you all at some point later in the year.

Gene

hi there gene

your health must come first

ill get you down here before the end of the year

your stand in did ok :thumbsup:

have you any idea whats the matter?

hope to see you out and about real soon

regards moldie

i recently read a thread where it was played and a figure of 4g put next to it :( , not many about either i would imagine.

it has fast become a favourite of mine Dave thanks to that CD and Ernie & Ed but i got that now thumbsup.gif

Bout right; and no, less than a handfull 'known'

Ernie & Ed - class :yes:

Guest Bearsy

Gene

Hi Gene, hope all is well with you mate and that your up and about again soon, get well soon and play some tunes thumbsup.gif

take it easy mate

Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

I think it might be worth sticking with the one room concept.

Most people seeem to appreciate across the board nights.

it certainly makes it easier to dj i bet, you can mix it right up cant you.

take everyone on a journey through the years :wicked:

I think it might be worth sticking with the one room concept.

Most people seeem to appreciate across the board nights.

except you colin as you never turned up tongue.gif

it certainly makes it easier to dj i bet, you can mix it right up cant you.

take everyone on a journey through the years :D

soulsmith is so old he takes you thru decades or even centuries laugh.gif

after speaking to keith and maxine i think we will do alternative nights

one night do an across the board room downstairs and the next night will revert to the two room format

ill be in touch with the clubs management again regards the re-opening of the upstairs bar

i think this option is more likely to keep everyone happy and means more djs can be on the guest list thus ensuring up and coming djs get there chance

opinions very welcome

Guest Bearsy

one night do an across the board room downstairs and the next night will revert to the two room format

ill be in touch with the clubs management again regards the re-opening of the upstairs bar

i think this option is more likely to keep everyone happy and means more djs can be on the guest list thus ensuring up and coming djs get there chance

opinions very welcome

in my opinion i think you need a shave and a hair cut on the night you scruffy git, you asked for it laugh.gif

opinions very welcome

Have you been talking to Disco John. We were discussing that very thing Thursday night over a bit of rock and roll.

Edited by hold tight

Have you been talking to Disco John. We were discussing that very thing Thursday night over a bit of rock and roll.

ill be calling john 2nite for his views

id really like more input from a few others

Source Advert