Cardboard Record Sleeves

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:shades:

I HAVN' T BEEN ON THE SOUL SCENE FOR LONG, BUT I HAVE TO SAY THERE ARE SOME RIGHT TWATS ABOUT SPOILING IT FOR EVERYBODY ELSE. SO WOT IF THE LADIES WANNA HAVE A GO! AND DOES IT MATTER IF THEY DO BORROW THEIR HUSBANDS RECORDS. LIKE MOST THINGS TODAY I BELIEVE THAT THE SCENE IS IN DANGER OF BEING DOMINATED BY GREED AND MONEY. NOT NICE CONSIDERING THAT MANY OF THE ARTISTS THAT PRODUCED THE RECORDS NEVER GAINED A PENNY. THIS SHOWS A GREAT LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE US THE GIFT OF SOUL MUSIC. IT TAKES THE PISS (CAREER DJ'S). THIS WAS ONCE ALSO A REASON WHY WE RELATED TO THE ARTISTS AND THEIR LYRICS,........WE HAD NOTHING EITHER. SO DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHO PLAYS THE TUNES OR WHAT TYPE OF RECORD THEY ARE PLAYING? NO! ENJOY THE MUSIC FOR WHAT IT IS AND WHAT IT PROMOTES: TOGETHERNESS, KEEPING THE FAITH, LOVING LIFE WITHOUT THE SHIT! THIS MESSAGE BY THE WAY IS FOR ALL THE WANKERS THAT FEEL THREATENED BY THE LADIES DJING AT BROAD LANE. GO ON LADIES MAKE ME DANCE!!!!! KTFGEM

Social source share

Guest Trevski

????? So the above post is related to cardboard record sleeves how??....... :shades:

Think it should be on a seperate thread somehow........

P.S. there's no need to shout....

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

brown ish cardboard record sleeves with poly covered centres used them for all my tunes in the 70's need some now i've started buying again any body know where from cheers

kev

As far as I'm aware they are no longer available, except in the states where everything is available and in mutch better quality, and cheaper too. Like everything else here, the quality is crap, and the price extortionate.

Social source share

????? So the above post is related to cardboard record sleeves how??.......
:shades:

Think it should be on a seperate thread somehow........

P.S. there's no need to shout....

laugh.giflaugh.gif:lol:

Those sleeves are my favourites too kevinsoulman and I"d like to get my hands on some myself

I reckon the plastic inner sleeve helps keep the dust away in a static electric stylie

There was a thread on 'ere a while ago about paper sleeves with plastic linings (also very good) perhaps some kind soul sourcer could put a link up ?

Cheers Paul

PS martell what are you on ?
:lol:

Social source share

laugh.gif:unsure::lol:

Those sleeves are my favourites too kevinsoulman and I"d like to get my hands on some myself

I reckon the plastic inner sleeve helps keep the dust away in a static electric stylie

There was a thread on 'ere a while ago about paper sleeves with plastic linings (also very good) perhaps some kind soul sourcer could put a link up ?

Cheers Paul

PS martell what are you on ?
:D

Hi

I remember the thread, also seem to remember someone

saying that over a period of time cardboard sleeves can attack Styrene.

Social source share

Guest Bogue

brown ish cardboard record sleeves with poly covered centres used them for all my tunes in the 70's need some now i've started buying again any body know where from cheers

kev

Used to find it a struggle to get them in the old 45's record boxes so wonder if you might have the same trouble in modern flight boxes ?

Got about 100 or so here that you can have Kev, have all mine in white card ones with paper inside now.

If you chuck for the postage they are yours thumbsup.gif PM me.

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Guest Trevski

Never bothered with the 'paper inside cardboard' thing, too much trouble when DJ'ing me thinks! Never had any bother with putting 'em just in card sleeves and not noticed any scuffing of any kind, maybe I'm careful. Not heard the 'card attacks styrene' theory, and to be honest it must take a long time, I've had styrene tunes in card for 15/20 yrs without probs.

Social source share

Put your records in the ordinary paper sleeves then put them in the card sleeves,I found this the best way thumbsup.gif

Kev :lol:

Thats how I like to keep mine, nice and neat. I've got some nice coloured paper sleeves and I keep getting tempted to go through my collection and use yellow sleeves for 60s northern, orange for crossover etc etc. But then I am quite anal!

Try this guy for all types of things, does good cheap sleeves, mailer: www.tramikisupplies.co.uk Good prices, great service and as a bonus Rik & Tami that run it are top people :unsure:

Social source share

Covers 33, PO Box 59 Halifax HX1 1JR

or

e-mail: covers 33@covers33.co.uk

or

www.covers33.co.uk thumbup.gif

BUT DON'T DITCH THE FACTORY PAPER SLEEVES LIKE I DID MANY YEARS AGO :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

whistling.gif try cover 33,they do paper covers and cardboard don't know about plastic inners

They don't do the old style polythene linings, but what you could do is buy the polythene sleeves and slide them with the 45 into a cardboard one...

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest Bogue

Thats how I like to keep mine, nice and neat. I've got some nice coloured paper sleeves and I keep getting tempted to go through my collection and use yellow sleeves for 60s northern, orange for crossover etc etc. But then I am quite anal!

Dangerous ground ! Before you know it you will have different coloured pants for each day of the week :lol:

Actualy, that isn't a bad idea for DJ's, would make it easier for them whilst doing a set i guess. (the coloured sleeves that is, not the pants !)

Try this guy for all types of things, does good cheap sleeves, mailer: www.tramikisupplies.co.uk Good prices, great service and as a bonus Rik & Tami that run it are top people :unsure:

Back to the paper sleeves thing, do try & keep the company sleeves in the cardboard now too. Some fit perfectly & so they double up as a liner, others have to fold over one edge, but it's still ok as put the A side up against the sleeve.

Double A sides with a company sleeve that don't fit ? Where's the 'Red Mist' thread ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Hi

I remember the thread, also seem to remember someone

saying that over a period of time cardboard sleeves can attack Styrene.

yup............twaz John Manship..............somthing about salt in the paper????????

Social source share

Guest Dante

So you vinyl collectors who live on the coast should consider storing your discs in air-tight bunkers or the likes for obvious reason :thumbsup:

You might say it as a joke, but a year ago or so I was talking to a mexican skin reggae DJ about how hard is to find EX/Mint Jamaican records, and we thought the salt may had something to do...

Social source share

thanks for all the info everyone bogue has sorted me out with approx 100 any one else with any i will take them off youre hands and cover p&p. as for the salt thing most of my tunes have been hidden away in said covers for at least 25 years with no detremental effect thanks

kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert