Cream Cracker

Guest nubes

Welll...what a brill night had by all at the Cream cracker soul night.not only was it the first time i have attened this venue but it was also the first showing off of my SSLAAS badge of which was noted by various gentleman who wanted to snap the Badge on my personage...but being a lady of class,......and the vagabonds didnt offer me a drink in return in for me flashing my badge, I only agreed to Markymole,,.....the man is quite a persuasive chappy...and methinks befits being a future art subject :thumbsup: ooh dear ,...an art critic work is never done!!!!

anyway on with the proceedings...after gassing me way around the room.... the mix of credible standards...Rnb...Modern and Northern classics...made for a very good night out and more importantly the dance floor was built to slide and glide on..in fact...the dancefloor got packed very very early...and never really emptied after that...all in all...the sort of soul do that i adore...good music...great dancefloor.....very friendly vibes......warm atmosphere.....everybody on one vibe.....Rob absolutely luvved it...i just luv seeing all me soulie mateys.....including a certain member of the Mens Art appreciation Society who has come up with a novel idea of introducing himself to us Art ladys :ohmy: .....anyway i will leave it to the Djs to post up there lists,,...but i must say that there was some stonking music played and Hi :):D to all the SS'rs that i met and said hello to ......cya all real soon .....Delxxxxxx

• Replies 92
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes Del, I agree with all your comments. This is the first time I have been purely as a punter and have to say it was a blinding night. My old mate Jem kicked the floor into action with some fantastic tunes and it was packed for the rest of the night. It was great to meet Moldie and his mates. Again top tunes from him!

I hope that the photos get posted up as there's no better sight than a packed house having a great time together. This is such a friendly event and all the first timers that I spoke to echoed this. It's a shame we've got to wait so long for the next one! Well done Kev!!!!

Regards, Steve.

well ive just got back from my first vist to cream cracker..for me the night was like having a red hot poker put in my eye...it was blinding with all the djs playing great music..totally across the board..the floor was full most of the night ...the set of the night had to come from chris and moldie but then im biased as moldie played 3 of my favourite tracks

it was great to get a real warm welcome from kev and his stunning mrs and with a free cd i knew i was in for a great night

no politics here..just lots of people getting together for a night of top class music...how i wish there were more nights like this..it was great to meet fellow soul sourcers..winnie..jemco..kid mohair etc

well of to bed for a few hours kip

thanks kev..top night

minime

WOW WHAT A NITE ,MADE TO FEEL VERY WELCOME RIGHT FROM THE

MOMENT WE GOT THERE,VERY FREINDLY WELCOME FROM KEV AND HIS BOYS ON THE DOOR.MUSIC THAT GOT PLAYED WAS EXCELLENT WE REALLY ENJOYED OURSELVES.VERY FREINDLY ATMOSPHERE .TAKE A BOW

THAT MAN KEV SUCH FOR PUTTING ON A FANSTASTIC NITE

WHENS THE NEXT ONE :thumbsup:

MOMENT WE GOT THERE,VERY FREINDLY WELCOME FROM KEV AND HIS BOYS ON THE DOOR.MUSIC THAT GOT PLAYED WAS EXCELLENT WE REALLY ENJOYED OURSELVES.VERY FREINDLY ATMOSPHERE .TAKE A BOW

We got there about 8.30 and the music promptly stopped. Scary for John!!! But as soon as the decks were swopped over the party got into swing.

Another great night from the man, Kev no politics (as long as you don't play modern) Such.

Great atmosphere great music from great DJ's, the aforementioned John Mac, Jem and Andy in particular stood out for me.

Loved it!!!!

See you next week at the Corn Market for Stompers and Shufflers!!!!!

Tickets for Soul in the Park will be available on the night, get yours soon to avoid disappointment.

Lynn :thumbsup:

Guest glyn-w

Good to see a few of me mates from bedford way..commisarated whith tony warot on his loss, :( ... and a load of me newer mates, excelnt spots from all the dj`s, particuarly Andy and jem (ex ss now i belive)..well done lads :thumbsup:

We got there about 8.30 and the music promptly stopped. Scary for John!!! But as soon as the decks were swopped over the party got into swing.

Another great night from the man, Kev no politics (as long as you don't play modern) Such.

Great atmosphere great music from great DJ's, the aforementioned John Mac, Jem and Andy in particular stood out for me.

Loved it!!!!

Lynn :thumbsup:

oh dear..it looks like you didnt like our set..we tried to play something for everyone :(

moldie

First visit to the Cracker for me, a 5 hour round trip and well worth it :( .

No bollotiks, full floor all night, consistently good output from all the DJ's,and a really friendly crowd creating a great atmosphere.

Nice to meet Kev at last, plus Del, Steve Brown, Winnie, Marky Mole, Jem, and all the other sourcers and friends. I have to say the supposed "overlong" events thread for this one really gave me a sense of anticipation and a feeling for who was going and what I could expect - a great up for it crowd!

I thought it might be a warm one so brought along the last of my obsolete flyers - the fans were put to good use but there ain't no more, so hang on to them girls.

What was I most impressed by?

- The warm and personal welcome given to everyone at the door, friends and strangers alike. :thumbsup: Really set the tone for the whole night I thought. Well done Kev.

Tony (Bournemouth) - PM me andI'll send you some sounds.

- Kevin Kent.

Edited by KevinKent
Guest Mr TEA

First visit to the Cracker for me, a 5 hour round trip and well worth it :( .

No bollotiks, full floor all night, consistently good output from all the DJ's,and a really friendly crowd creating a great atmosphere.

Nice to meet Kev at last, plus Delxxx, Steve Brown, Winnie, Marky Mole, Jem, and all the other sourcers and friends. I have to say the supposed "overlong" events thread for this one really gave me a sense of anticipation and a feeling for who was going and what I could expect - a great up for it crowd!

I thought it might be a warm one so brought along the last of my obsolete flyers - the fans were put to good use but there ain't no more, so hang on to them girls.

- The warm and personal welcome given to everyone at the door, friends and strangers alike. :thumbsup: Really set the tone for the whole night I thought. Well done Kev.

- Kevin Kent.

Hi Kevin,

Good to see you and Pam last night, that cd that a picked up was not mine.

when i got to my car i found that i had already put my cd,s in the glove box

So if anyone has lost a Soul Collection 41 Cd (Cleethorpes Winter Gardens)

Please pm me and i will post,

Terry

Hi Kevin,

Good to see you and Pam last night, that cd that a picked up was not mine.

when i got to my car i found that i had already put my cd,s in the glove box

So if anyone has lost a Soul Collection 41 Cd (Cleethorpes Winter Gardens)

Please pm me and i will post,

Terry

:( Always good to see a friendly and familiar face Terry. Hope you got a good nights kip mate - we did, we were cream crackered :thumbsup: .

Well here goes...Myself,Kerry and Moldie had a good 2 and half hour drive to Rothwell from Farnborough and went straight to the Red Lion Pub/ B&B where Kev had booked us into for the night.We were very excited about this do as we had been asked to do a double deck session from 12-1 and had only been told good things about this event. We put our things in the room and went straight to the venue to meet Kev and try the decks out for an hour or so. We were welcomed by kev and then started to have a listen to a few classics that Kev played. We then left and returned to the venue at 7 and started to play a few bits whilse waiting for the night to start at 7.30. The place started to fill very early and the floor started to fill about 8.30. I just sat and had a few dance`s for the next few hours as all the dj (sorry but couldn`t remember your names) played fantastics set from 60/70 and R&B. All the dj`s got my mrs up on the floor even if it was on her crutch.Nothing was gonna stop her from having a good night with great company (bless her) at least she never moaned about her leg playing up today :D It was about 11.45 when myself and Moldie went onto the stage to sort out some records to play for a right up for it crowd. But Moldie had only locked his record box keys inside one of them so we had to break the locks off :thumbsup: anyway he got them open so we went on just before 12 and the first record we played was Holy St James..Thats not love as this had been requested. (Play list will be posted soon) I think Myself and Moldie Kept the floor Buzzing and hopefuly all went home Cream Crackered. Kev came on just before 1 and played the last few records which included Timi Yuro...I`tll Never Be Over For Me..(Pure Northern soul to your ears) I then snuck The valentinos..Sweeter than the day before.. Ive got to say a great big thanks for everyone that made us feel welcome and great to all that turned up for a brill soul night..Will be back for sure. Keep up the great work Kev and all that makes this a great night. :( Off to watch united will be back to add play list soon and hope i aint made anyone fall asleep reading my short report lol :)

My Plat List. 12-1. Dont forget Moldie played a record between each of mine.

Holly st james..thats not love...abc (request)

Sam Dees...Lonely for you baby..SSS

Dorothy Willaims..The wells gone dry...GOLDWAX

Patti & the Emblems..I`m gonna love you a long long time KAPP (request)

Nolan Porter..If i could only be sure..abc (request)

Tony Galla..in love..swan

Four Tops..Shake me Wake me...Motown

Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell...Aint no mountain high enough..Tamla (request)

Millie Jackson..House for sale..Spring

Chuck Jackson..Hand it over.Wand

Wilson Picket..Let me be your boy...Correc-Tone

Pat & The Blenders..Just Because..Fast Eddie

The Velentinos..Sweeter than the day before...Chess

Hope there was a nice mixture for all and thanks again Cream Cracker Soul Club

Guest kev such

THANKYOU.

Got to the venue at about 12.30 to set up the decks and have a little play for a few hours. Received a phone call from Moldie about 20 minutes later saying that they would be right up. as soon as they entered the room and we had been introduced i KNEW it was going to be a good night. I know it sounds lame but as soon as we'd spent 10 minutes or so chatting it felt as though we had known each other for years. And anyone who has met Chris and Moldie will certainly endorse this.

First up as always was Mr Mark D, who NEVER fails to impress, he got the few early entrants up and dancing from the start.

Next up was John McClure who was our freebie punter spot. great set mate and nice tunes, sorry about the mishap in the middle when we had to change the decks over.

Next up 9 - 10pm was Jem, one of the turnaround residents. He didnt fail to get the room buzzing after the little mishap and made the evening so much easier for the remaining DJ's.

Next up was Mr Pollard who turned up in his 1967/8 Volvo with his stunning mrs Gina. Me and my mate Tony had to get them to pose by their car, all he needed to finish the photo would have been him chatting to Micheal Caine on the phone. (pictures to follow)

Andy played a few cracking Northern tunes to start with and then went into his eagerly awaited RnB part of his set. Then he finished off with a few more cracking Northern tunes. Thanks Andy brilliant set. Should imagine that by the time i came on there wasn't a dry armpit in the room. sweet!

Next up was me 11 - 12pm. I couldnt wait to get started. The best part of my hour for me was when Markymole asked for The New Younghearts " a little togetherness". I put the track on and stood back to let the tune do its job. And the reaction on the dancefloor was the epitome of a Northern night for me. The whole floor was clapping, kicking and spinning to the tune. Priceless.

Moldie and Chris were then chomping at the bit to get started and at 12pm they came on. BRILLIANT.

Moldie had lost the keys to his box and had to use my hammer to break them open. You didnt tell me you broke it in the process. Still not to worry, rather a broken hammer than you not being able to open your box. Guys your set was blinding and i hope that the trip up was worth it for you. please come back and do it again next year.

At 12.55 ish, i went up on the decks to play the ender tune for the Cracker, Timi Yuo "It'll never be over for me" amazing sentiment and a great tune to slow our heartbeats down before going home.

I got the nod from the barmaid so me, Chris and Moldie put a few more on. Think we finished playing at about 1.20(ish)

I know i am bound to say this but i think the measure of an evening can be gauged by how quick it goes by, and last night just seemd to wizz by. No sooner had we started that it seemed it was time to go home.

I promote the Cracker, but the evening would be nothing if it was'nt for the people who attend and take the time and trouble to make the journey to come along. We have got a fantastic crowd at The Cracker and hopefully its because we are all there for the same reason TO DANCE. I know that it was mentioned last night that i should progress with the evening and start to play some more modern tunes and the like, but IMHO "if it aint broke dont fix it". There are enough clubs that play rare and modern tunes which is fine, but we play classic stuff and just want to have a good night out and as long as people kindly attend i shall keep it up.

I was asked last night if we can put more than three on a year but, i think that i am just going to keep to our present amount.

great to see all the old faces that have supported the Cracker over the last 2 years and to the new faces that came along, i hope that you went home happy and Cream Crackered.

Next on at the venue is 13 October which is mine and my better halfs 40th birthday night, it is an open door evening and everybody are invited.

The last thing i want to say is that Karens brother (23) came along last night with his 22 year old girlfriend (Holly) and her final comment to me from someone who knew nothing about the soul scene summed the eveing up for me she just said "Wow, i've never seen so much passion in a trend of music and i am gobsmacked" and thats down to the people who attend THANKYOU.

Kev.

And there certainly was plenty of that last night.

Oh yeah i almost forgot, note to Mr Pollard, you cant stamp on a wooden hollow stage while my copy of Roy Hamilton is playing, the record tends to jump. Just messing mate, i played it this morning and its fine, it wouldnt have been so bad if it hadn't cost me £200 and it was a £40 issue.

Edited by kev such
Guest kev such

Welll...what a brill night had by all at the Cream cracker soul night.not only was it the first time i have attened this venue but it was also the first showing off of my SSLAAS badge of which was noted by various gentleman who wanted to snap the Badge on my personage...but being a lady of class,......and the vagabonds didnt offer me a drink in return in for me flashing my badge, I only agreed to Markymole,,.....the man is quite a persuasive chappy...and methinks befits being a future art subject :thumbsup: ooh dear ,...an art critic work is never done!!!!

anyway on with the proceedings...after gassing me way around the room.... the mix of credible standards...Rnb...Modern and Northern classics...made for a very good night out and more importantly the dance floor was built to slide and glide on..in fact...the dancefloor got packed very very early...and never really emptied after that...all in all...the sort of soul do that i adore...good music...great dancefloor.....very friendly vibes......warm atmosphere.....everybody on one vibe.....Rob absolutely luvved it...i just luv seeing all me soulie mateys.....including a certain member of the Mens Art appreciation Society who has come up with a novel idea of introducing himself to us Art ladys :) .....anyway i will leave it to the Djs to post up there lists,,...but i must say that there was some stonking music played and Hi :(:D to all the SS'rs that i met and said hello to ......cya all real soon .....Delxxxxxx

Afternoon Del and Rob.

So glad you came over last night, for your first visit, its good to know that you enjoyed yourself. And as for Rob, for someone who hasn't been into it for long, i dont think i saw him sit down too often.

I still feel somewhat cheated thought that you didnt allow me to come over to help Rob get you into your catsuit. :D .

All the best Del and thankyou for attending last night.

see you both soon

Kev.

Guest kev such

Really good night, great atmosphere and a great crowd. Dance floor was full most of the night, and was still going strong at the end.

Winnie :-)

Great to see you there last night Winnie. I remember that you came to our first night and i hadn't seen you there again. I hope that it wont be 2 years before you come back mate. Great chatting outside and glad that you enjoyed the eveing.

Regards

Kev.

Guest kev such

well ive just got back from my first vist to cream cracker..for me the night was like having a red hot poker put in my eye...it was blinding with all the djs playing great music..totally across the board..the floor was full most of the night ...the set of the night had to come from chris and moldie but then im biased as moldie played 3 of my favourite tracks

it was great to get a real warm welcome from kev and his stunning mrs and with a free cd i knew i was in for a great night

no politics here..just lots of people getting together for a night of top class music...how i wish there were more nights like this..it was great to meet fellow soul sourcers..winnie..jemco..kid mohair etc

well of to bed for a few hours kip

thanks kev..top night

minime

Thanks for taking the trouble to come to the Cracker last night mate and i'm glad that you had a good night. Hopefully see you there again in October or next March.

I wont let karen read what you have put, its bound to go to her head. but i do agree, but then again i would. :thumbsup:

Regards

Kev.

Guest kev such

This is a great night out put on by people who care that those who turn up have a great time! :thumbsup:

Got it in a nutshell Mark. Great to see you there mate, and i want to thankyou for supporting the event from the start. For me i just love to see a room full of sweaty individuals all clapping and spinning in unison. Priceless.

But like i've said, we just put the tunes on, and a majority of them are requests. So its the dancers that make it happen.

Also great to see most of the Passon family there, i think Chris was in his elemnet.

Kev

Guest kev such

Good to see a few of me mates from bedford way..commisarated whith tony warot on his loss, :( ... and a load of me newer mates, excelnt spots from all the dj`s, particuarly Andy and jem (ex ss now i belive)..well done lads :thumbsup:

Good to see you there last night Glynn, as like in Mark, you have been kind enough to support the Cracker from the start. And i hope you will continue to do so.

Kev.

Guest kev such

First visit to the Cracker for me, a 5 hour round trip and well worth it :) .

Nice to meet Kev at last, plus Del, Steve Brown, Winnie, Marky Mole, Jem, and all the other sourcers and friends. I have to say the supposed "overlong" events thread for this one really gave me a sense of anticipation and a feeling for who was going and what I could expect - a great up for it crowd!

- Kevin Kent.

Top form Kev(4)

Great to finally meet you two and put a face to the voice. as we have spoken quite a lot on the phone. Glad you thought the 5 hour trip was worth it and hope you were Cream Crackered by the time we all went home.

Did i see you at one point standing with a beer towel on your head, had you not saved a fan for yourself?

Karen was chuffed with her fan, but i wondred why you only gave them to the girls. Then when we got home, i noticed they had got your telephone number on them. :( Only joking mate, thanks and a nice gesture.

I will be in touch regarding doing a spot at the Cracker next year and hope you will return soon.

regards mate

Kev.

Guest kev such

Hi,

What a great night this was, will defo be there for the next one

Thought all the dj's played good sets ,

Terry

Hello Terry.

Glad you had a good night, thats hopefully what we try to do.

Next event is'nt until next March, however me and Karen have got our 40th birthday do on the 13th October, if you can come along. Hope you like the CD?

Kev

Guest kev such

What a top night . Right from the warm welcome from kev , nice atmosphere nice people,Good to see a few Harborians there supporting Mr Pollard ( Good set again mate :thumbsup: )

Great to meet you Matt and glad you had a good night.

Andy did impress us all didnt he. But then again he dresses so stylish and has Gina on his arm i dont think he can fail to impress.

Hope the gang from Harborough will come again.

kev.

Guest kev such

Well here goes...Myself,Kerry and Moldie had a good 2 and half hour drive to Rothwell from Farnborough and went straight to the Red Lion Pub/ B&B where Kev had booked us into for the night.We were very excited about this do as we had been asked to do a double deck session from 12-1 and had only been told good things about this event. We put our things in the room and went straight to the venue to meet Kev and try the decks out for an hour or so. We were welcomed by kev and then started to have a listen to a few classics that Kev played. We then left and returned to the venue at 7 and started to play a few bits whilse waiting for the night to start at 7.30. The place started to fill very early and the floor started to fill about 8.30. I just sat and had a few dance`s for the next few hours as all the dj (sorry but couldn`t remember your names) played fantastics set from 60/70 and R&B. All the dj`s got my mrs up on the floor even if it was on her crutch.Nothing was gonna stop her from having a good night with great company (bless her) at least she never moaned about her leg playing up today :D It was about 11.45 when myself and Moldie went onto the stage to sort out some records to play for a right up for it crowd. But Moldie had only locked his record box keys inside one of them so we had to break the locks off :thumbsup: anyway he got them open so we went on just before 12 and the first record we played was Holy St James..Thats not love as this had been requested. (Play list will be posted soon) I think Myself and Moldie Kept the floor Buzzing and hopefuly all went home Cream Crackered. Kev came on just before 1 and played the last few records which included Timi Yuro...I`tll Never Be Over For Me..(Pure Northern soul to your ears) I then snuck The valentinos..Sweeter than the day before.. Ive got to say a great big thanks for everyone that made us feel welcome and great to all that turned up for a brill soul night..Will be back for sure. Keep up the great work Kev and all that makes this a great night. :( Off to watch united will be back to add play list soon and hope i aint made anyone fall asleep reading my short report lol :)

EXCELLENT night Chris, and thanks for making the long trip up. Wish we could keep you and Moldie up here really. Magic pure magic. I'll come down to Lightwater at some point and see how you do it down there. If its a fraction of how you both were last night, i envy the punters.

All agreed that yours and the other DJ's sets pleased the punters immeasurably.

Hope Gerry's not in too much pain, i saw her trying to dance, that must be an awful thing when all you want to do is dance but you cant. maybe next time we should put wheels on her chair so she can glide around the dancefloor.

Kev

Hi Kev

Looks like you had a good time mate and keep up the good work.

While you were on the decks i was up here in sunny Crewe getting your copy of Tommy Hunts Lovin on the losing side, signed by the man himself. Will post it back this week mate unless somebody offers me a lot of money for it !!! :thumbsup::(:)

Will defo be at your party and look forward to meeting some new soulies there.

See you soon mate.

Top form Kev(4)

Great to finally meet you two and put a face to the voice. as we have spoken quite a lot on the phone. Glad you thought the 5 hour trip was worth it and hope you were Cream Crackered by the time we all went home.

Did i see you at one point standing with a beer towel on your head, had you not saved a fan for yourself?

Karen was chuffed with her fan, but i wondred why you only gave them to the girls. Then when we got home, i noticed they had got your telephone number on them. :D Only joking mate, thanks and a nice gesture.

I will be in touch regarding doing a spot at the Cracker next year and hope you will return soon.

regards mate

Kev.

Oh yes mate, we were well and truly jacob'd and we'll be back for sure.

Hmmm, the beer towel. First used it when I was on the decks and the lights were burnin my poor old head! :( Then I thought - this is what hair must feel like, and got used to it in a strange sort of way. Allways use the John Player one though 'cos I can turn it over and go blonde! :D:huh:

The fans are a bit girlie. Did them as flyers for a weekender on the Costas that fell through. Pity really 'cos they're guaranteed not to be thrown away. Shame to waste 'em so I usually take some out to help the girlie dancers feel a bit more comfortable. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for a great night, and hope to be back soon.

-Kev & Pam :)

Guest kev such

My playlist.

Younghearts, A little togetherness (request)

Epitome of Sound, You dont love me (request)

Gladys Knight, If you ever get your hands on love

Roy Hamilton, Cracking up over you (unscratched :thumbsup: )

Richard Berry, Have love will travel

Lou Lawton, Nick-nak-paddy-wack

Marv Johnson, Come on and stop (request)

Johnny Caswell, You dont love me

Rose Batiste, Hit and run (request)

Mel Torme, Comin home baby (for Rob)

Timi Yuro, It'll never be over for me

Kurt Harris, Emperor (request, Jan)

Ike and Tina Turner, Dust my broom

Soul Sisters, Think about the good times

Harold Melvin, Get out (request for higham scooterboys)

Bobby Womack, Home is where the heart is

Sidney Barnes, standing on solid ground (request, Sue)

Bobby Bland, Shoes

Joannie Summers, Dont pity me

Chris Clarke, Somethings wrong (request Karen)

Solomon Burke, Cry to me (request)

Sam Fletcher, Think it over twice (request)

Oh yeah and, Tommy Hunt, Loving on the losing side. (thanks Jem)

Hope you all enjoyed the evening and keep dancing.

kev

Edited by kev such
Guest kev such

Hi Kev

Looks like you had a good time mate and keep up the good work.

While you were on the decks i was up here in sunny Crewe getting your copy of Tommy Hunts Lovin on the losing side, signed by the man himself. Will post it back this week mate unless somebody offers me a lot of money for it !!! :thumbsup::(:)

Will defo be at your party and look forward to meeting some new soulies there.

See you soon mate.

We did have a great night Brav, and by all accounts you lot did too. Sorry me and Karen couldn't be there but unfortunately we clashed, but not to worry we'll make up for it in October, make sure you bring your best dancing trousers.

Thanks also for getting Mr Hunt to sign my tune.

Regards mate.

Kev.

Edited by kev such
Guest kev such

Oh yes mate, we were well and truly jacob'd and we'll be back for sure.

Hmmm, the beer towel. First used it when I was on the decks and the lights were burnin my poor old head! :( Then I thought - this is what hair must feel like, and got used to it in a strange sort of way. Allways use the John Player one though 'cos I can turn it over and go blonde! :D:D

The fans are a bit girlie. Did them as flyers for a weekender on the Costas that fell through. Pity really 'cos they're guaranteed not to be thrown away. Shame to waste 'em so I usually take some out to help the girlie dancers feel a bit more comfortable. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for a great night, and hope to be back soon.

-Kev & Pam :)

Like i said before mate, was great to meet you and Pam and Karen is treasuring her fan.

Happy to oblige reference evening and catch up soon.

Kev

Afternoon Del and Rob.

So glad you came over last night, for your first visit, its good to know that you enjoyed yourself. And as for Rob, for someone who hasn't been into it for long, i dont think i saw him sit down too often.

I still feel somewhat cheated thought that you didnt allow me to come over to help Rob get you into your catsuit. :thumbsup: .All the best Del and thankyou for attending last night.

see you both soon

Kev.

:(:):D ...next time sweetheart...the pleasure babes was truly ours....hugz to Karen....cya Delxx

Guest Mr TEA

Hello Terry.

Glad you had a good night, thats hopefully what we try to do.

Next event is'nt until next March, however me and Karen have got our 40th birthday do on the 13th October, if you can come along. Hope you like the CD?

Kev

Hi Kev,

Will try and get there for your birthdays,and the cd is great thanks

Had a really good night worth the travel up

Cheers

Guest kev such

Thanks Mark.

Glad you enjoyed the night mate. The next one is'nt until March next year. Thanks for requesting The New Younghearts. That certainly got the floor packed.

Hope you didnt take any embarressing photo's of me this time :( . Just looked at the photo's from last night, great. I'll put mine up maybe tomorrow.

Hopefully see you on October 13th for mine and Karens 40th.

Regards

Kev

Edited by kev such
Guest kev such

Loved it!!!!

See you next week at the Corn Market for Stompers and Shufflers!!!!!

Tickets for Soul in the Park will be available on the night, get yours soon to avoid disappointment.

Lynn :lol:

Great to see you and Trev there last night Lynn. Sorry about the little technical problem with the decks, soon got it sorted though.

Don't forget to ring Tony reference the prizes for the charity night. I like my new name its great. I may introduce myself as that from now on.

I will see you and Trev and the gang Saturday evening at Stompers.

Once again thanks for coming and for you and Trev to have supported the Cream Cracker from day 1.

Regards

Kev.

THANKYOU.

Got to the venue at about 12.30 to set up the decks and have a little play for a few hours. Received a phone call from Moldie about 20 minutes later saying that they would be right up. as soon as they entered the room and we had been introduced i KNEW it was going to be a good night. I know it sounds lame but as soon as we'd spent 10 minutes or so chatting it felt as though we had known each other for years. And anyone who has met Chris and Moldie will certainly endorse this.

First up as always was Mr Mark D, who NEVER fails to impress, he got the few early entrants up and dancing from the start.

Next up was John McClure who was our freebie punter spot. great set mate and nice tunes, sorry about the mishap in the middle when we had to change the decks over.

Next up 9 - 10pm was Jem, one of the turnaround residents. He didnt fail to get the room buzzing after the little mishap and made the evening so much easier for the remaining DJ's.

Next up was Mr Pollard who turned up in his 1967/8 Volvo with his stunning mrs Gina. Me and my mate Tony had to get them to pose by their car, all he needed to finish the photo would have been him chatting to Micheal Caine on the phone. (pictures to follow)

Andy played a few cracking Northern tunes to start with and then went into his eagerly awaited RnB part of his set. Then he finished off with a few more cracking Northern tunes. Thanks Andy brilliant set. Should imagine that by the time i came on there wasn't a dry armpit in the room. sweet!

Next up was me 11 - 12pm. I couldnt wait to get started. The best part of my hour for me was when Markymole asked for The New Younghearts " a little togetherness". I put the track on and stood back to let the tune do its job. And the reaction on the dancefloor was the epitome of a Northern night for me. The whole floor was clapping, kicking and spinning to the tune. Priceless.

Moldie and Chris were then chomping at the bit to get started and at 12pm they came on. BRILLIANT.

Moldie had lost the keys to his box and had to use my hammer to break them open. You didnt tell me you broke it in the process. Still not to worry, rather a broken hammer than you not being able to open your box. Guys your set was blinding and i hope that the trip up was worth it for you. please come back and do it again next year.

At 12.55 ish, i went up on the decks to play the ender tune for the Cracker, Timi Yuo "It'll never be over for me" amazing sentiment and a great tune to slow our heartbeats down before going home.

I got the nod from the barmaid so me, Chris and Moldie put a few more on. Think we finished playing at about 1.20(ish)

I know i am bound to say this but i think the measure of an evening can be gauged by how quick it goes by, and last night just seemd to wizz by. No sooner had we started that it seemed it was time to go home.

I promote the Cracker, but the evening would be nothing if it was'nt for the people who attend and take the time and trouble to make the journey to come along. We have got a fantastic crowd at The Cracker and hopefully its because we are all there for the same reason TO DANCE. I know that it was mentioned last night that i should progress with the evening and start to play some more modern tunes and the like, but IMHO "if it aint broke dont fix it". There are enough clubs that play rare and modern tunes which is fine, but we play classic stuff and just want to have a good night out and as long as people kindly attend i shall keep it up.

I was asked last night if we can put more than three on a year but, i think that i am just going to keep to our present amount.

great to see all the old faces that have supported the Cracker over the last 2 years and to the new faces that came along, i hope that you went home happy and Cream Crackered.

Next on at the venue is 13 October which is mine and my better halfs 40th birthday night, it is an open door evening and everybody are invited.

The last thing i want to say is that Karens brother (23) came along last night with his 22 year old girlfriend (Holly) and her final comment to me from someone who knew nothing about the soul scene summed the eveing up for me she just said "Wow, i've never seen so much passion in a trend of music and i am gobsmacked" and thats down to the people who attend THANKYOU.

Kev.

Oh yeah i almost forgot, note to Mr Pollard, you cant stamp on a wooden hollow stage while my copy of Roy Hamilton is playing, the record tends to jump. Just messing mate, i played it this morning and its fine, it wouldnt have been so bad if it hadn't cost me £200 and it was a £40 issue.

Hi Kev

I came to your event with my cousin John whos is on holiday for Australia

We had a fantastic time and I echo all the comments about how good the night was.

Top music , top people and top event

Well done mate i will cetainly be coming to the next one

Andy

this was our first trip up to the cream cracker soul club..it definately wont be our last

extra warm welcome from kev and the crew..how nice that is...lots of banter and a real good laugh

after setting up the decks and a couple of drinks we tested the equipment and played a few tunes each...

john mc joined us with his g/f jen..what a great cpl they are...a few more laughs and tunes and its was time for lunch

kev had booked us into a great b&b five mins from the venue...cheers kev

after lunch..a kip and a hot shower it was back to the venue at around 7.15 so a few more tunes and by this time people were outside waiting to come in

mark d was first up and did a great warm upset and manage to get a few up on the floor which was great

john mcclure followed and this man played some great tunes and the rest of his box was just as good as those he played

next up was jemco..top man and all round entertainer..thanks for sorting the decks out mate..the floor was filling by now and everone was having a great time

andy pollard was next up and after all the chat in events about RNB he didnt dissappoint..a real mixed bag from andy had the floor rammed..top man and a real joker

next up was the man himself..kev..no modern.. such as hes known ...now a lot is said about ppl saying..great man..friendly..etc but this should really be reserved for kev..in fact it was like meeting myself for the first time.lolol

great tunes from kev as you can see by his playlist ensured chris and i had an easier time when we went on at midnight..

after the lost keys scare and a hammer we were on and we had decided to play a bit of everything

i think we worked well together and seemed to have the floor full for the whole hour we were on.

big thanks to kev and his delectable mrs and everyone else that made it a great night for chris and i...

also like to thanks the 12 or so soulies that made the trip up from the farnborough are to support us..including..bluebill and wife..minime and angela..mr t

great to meet the loverly del and steve brown and how nice to see winnie out again

had a great time at the bnb too with kev kent and his mrs in fine form at breakfast.

already looking fwd to the next one

pictures and playlist to follow

moldie

well heres my playlist

i tried to play a bit of everything so as to follow chris as we were dbl deckin

these are in no order

diplomats...cards on the table...arock

catch that teardrop...5 royales...abc

david & reuben...i love her so much...rampart..request for helen

wade flemmons...jeanette...ramsel

barbera mcnair...youre gonna love my baby...motown

big daddy rogers...im a big man...midas

jan jones...independant woman...day-wood

leo price...hey now baby..up down..played this for for kid mohair

supremes..hes all i got..motown

bill bush..im waiting...ronn....had to play this after the delivery scare

charades..key to my happiness...mgm

luther ingram..if its all the same...hib

think this was all..seemed to go down well as the floor was full

moldie

Had a corking night. Music great, the venue is superb and a great crowd (even the bar staff were up for the crack!) I will definitely be back for the next.

Thanks,

Rob.

did we get to meet rob or did you avoid me like most of the others?

It was great to meet Moldie and his mates. Again top tunes from him!..thanks steve..i have a nice entourage

I hope that the photos get posted up as there's no better sight than a packed house having a great time together. This is such a friendly event and all the first timers that I spoke to echoed this. It's a shame we've got to wait so long for the next one! Well done Kev!!!!..pics posted..hope you like them

Regards, Steve.

well ive just got back from my first vist to cream cracker..for me the night was like having a red hot poker put in my eye...it was blinding with all the djs playing great music..totally across the board..the floor was full most of the night ...the set of the night had to come from chris and moldie but then im biased as moldie played 3 of my favourite tracks...lol you creep mark

it was great to get a real warm welcome from kev and his stunning mrs and with a free cd i knew i was in for a great night..does angela know about your drooling over mrs such?

well of to bed for a few hours kip..how come you got home so quick?

thanks kev..top night

minime

THANKYOU.

Got to the venue at about 12.30 to set up the decks and have a little play for a few hours. Received a phone call from Moldie about 20 minutes later saying that they would be right up. as soon as they entered the room and we had been introduced i KNEW it was going to be a good night. I know it sounds lame but as soon as we'd spent 10 minutes or so chatting it felt as though we had known each other for years. And anyone who has met Chris and Moldie will certainly endorse this...except our ladies

Moldie had lost the keys to his box and had to use my hammer to break them open. You didnt tell me you broke it in the process...sorry mate i was in a stress Still not to worry, rather a broken hammer than you not being able to open your box. Guys your set was blinding and i hope that the trip up was worth it for you. please come back and do it again next year....it will be an honour

Kev.

Hope Gerry's not in too much pain, ...actually its kerry..shes female :huh: i saw her trying to dance, that must be an awful thing when all you want to do is dance but you cant.wait till you see her without the crutch..shes far worse :D maybe next time we should put wheels on her chair so she can glide around the dancefloor.

Kev

Source Advert