• Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

REALISTICS EPIC 5156 SOMEONE OUGHTA WRITE A SONG ABOUT YOU BABY / UNCHAIN ME

REALISTICS EPIC 5439 LOVE VIBRATIONS / THE MAGIC THAT YOU DO

REALISTICS EPIC 5723 SO SAD / THE MAGIC THAT YOU DO

Which one Chris? The 1st 2 are around £25 - 30. Quite good 70s. Don't actually have the 3rd one. Anyone?

Social source share

OK I have got it, A side is called "Joy" (Lamont Dozier composition) and it's a disco-type thing. The other side is a Bobby Womack song, "Trust Me", a ballad. Produced by Martin Rushent who did The Buzzcocks stuff!

Sample enclosed (just 30 seconds)

walker.mp3

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

OK I have got it, A side is called "Joy" (Lamont Dozier composition) and it's a disco-type thing. The other side is a Bobby Womack song, "Trust Me", a ballad. Produced by Martin Rushent who did The Buzzcocks stuff!

Sample enclosed (just 30 seconds)

walker.mp3

I used to see Larrington Walker a lot in those 1980 Black Theatre Co-Coperative plays, he was a pretty decent actor. He was also in that classic episode of 'Minder' where Arthur Daley's on jury service ("'im lyin' t'roo 'im teet'....but it cool still..."). Dunno what's happened to him these days.

The Dozier original is on his 'Right There' album and it's more or less the same, only sung better....

Social source share

So is this known? Played? Worth anything? This is where I should pay more attention, I have had literally hundreds of 70's records like this, all UK demos, and I just gave them away, I once gave a box of about 400 to the cats protection league in Hastings, my mate used to get them sent to him by the record companies and give them to me, the only one I kept was the Ramones Blitzkreig Bop picture sleeve!

Social source share

• 3 years later...

REALISTICS EPIC 5156 SOMEONE OUGHTA WRITE A SONG ABOUT YOU BABY / UNCHAIN ME

REALISTICS EPIC 5439 LOVE VIBRATIONS / THE MAGIC THAT YOU DO

REALISTICS EPIC 5723 SO SAD / THE MAGIC THAT YOU DO

Which one Chris? The 1st 2 are around £25 - 30. Quite good 70s. Don't actually have the 3rd one. Anyone?

"so sad" is nice sweet soul

Social source share

Just sold it for £20 so actually it's great!

Four years after this post, John Manship sells it for over £100 :lol:

i were just having a chuckle to myself pete then i realised this thread must be 4 years old now..it doesnt say on my computer anymore...dont know why that is

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert