Eddie Floydd-thats All...confused

Pauldonnelly

I recently came across this whilst playing through some LP's that a mate gave me, Stax 1969 You've Got To Have Eddie. First track side one, awesome tune that I just keep having too play, and it cost me fekk all.

Did some research and was advised by those ITK that its an album track only.

The soul club take is different, slower and less strings, anybody have any info???

click here

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I recently came across this whilst playing through some LP's that a mate gave me, Stax 1969 You've Got To Have Eddie. First track side one, awesome tune that I just keep having too play, and it cost me fekk all.

The soul club take is different, slower and less strings, anybody have any info???

click here

youve obviously great taste.....been playin this for a few yrs at home. Needs turntable action and it will surely go.

Social source share

click here

something rings a bell about a different take on a kent cd ?

bit hazy and may be wrong

there's a few clips on here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/refosoul?filter0=floyd

one that just listened to sounds diff than used to

have to check lp later

belive its a updated version of a nat king cole standard

Social source share

click here

Hi Paul,

I seem to remember a bit of buzz about the track when it came out on Kent and I'm sure that it was played out by Ady Croasdell. Clearly a different mix to the album.

Great track both versions. I used to play this alot back in the mid 90s to universal apathy :D . but agree with Daz that this has yet to have it's day and will do with renued turntable action.

Incidently, the album has the great "Dont tell your mama" an instant fell good record of the highest order and a track I love. I did here that the album version of this was different to the 45, there again I could have been eating too much cheese before bed time.

Regards Alan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert