Ducie Bridge This Saturday

Dave

Are they not going tonight ????.... if they are then I'll see them when I get over there in about a couple of hours :yes: ....

I'll make sure there's a pint for you on the table Brett.... just so you can be there in spirit mate :yes: ....

link

Cheers Mark, see you soon my good man.......

• Replies 70
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Richard Bergman

We all missed you Brett, however the Ducie guests did us proud,  some great records played by all..... :yes:

John

link

Only got to the Ducie late on , so missed a few sets - Managed to catch Rachel's set and was very impressed -

Standouts were Betty Moorer - Speed up - still one of my faves & and Sharon Soul which I only heard early last week for the first time

What a great way to start off the night, loved my first visit to the Ducie. Great sets from everyone else, look forward to seeing Stamford's playlist.. excellent stuff :yes: Here's my playlist, think they're in order...

Benny Latimore - Girl I Got News For You - Dade

Next Exit - Soulful Child - Spirit

The Ascots - Miss Heartbreaker - MBS

Sunny Ridell - Come Out Into My World - White Cliffs

Brothers of Soul - Hurry, Don't Linger - Boo

The Boston Hitesmen - Can't Let It Ride - MTA

Joyce Davis - Hello Heartaches, Goodbye Love - Okeh

Robin Rice - I've Had It - Crackerjack

Margie Joseph - Nobody - Volt

Betty Moorer - Speed Up - Wand

Sunday - Ain't Got No Problems - Alteen

Geater Davis - My Love Is So Strong For You - House of Orange

Bobbie Smith - Walk On Into My Heart - American Arts

The Furys - Baby You Can Bet Your Boots - Liberty

The Manhattans - I Bet'cha (Couldn't Love Me) - Carnival

Sharon Soul - Don't Say Goodbye Love - Wild Deuce (request)

Shep - I'm Sitting In - TNT

Mitch Ryder - Blessing In Disguise - Dynovoice

What a great way to start off the night, loved my first visit to the Ducie. Great sets from everyone else, look forward to seeing Stamford's playlist.. excellent stuff  :yes:   Here's my playlist, think they're in order...

link

Knew it would be a "Good Un'"....bloody hell, not missing another.......

What a great way to start off the night, loved my first visit to the Ducie. Great sets from everyone else, look forward to seeing Stamford's playlist.. excellent stuff  :yes:   Here's my playlist, think they're in order...

link

Some great stuff in there Rach :yes:

ps thanks to Colin the bunny for DJing assistance... no snakes, horses or any other animals in evidence I must add!

link

I can tell you that Colin considered it an honour to be the first rabbit to be that side of the decks in the Ducie and assist in such an enjoyable set. :sleep3:

Thank you for not letting him drink too much or giving in to his request for Earl Grant, Hide nor Hare! :thumbsup:

Credit to Stevie for putting the evening on- what a great way to get the night started. Can understand why Brett was gutted to miss it...if you read this mate, looking forward to having a pint with you at Prestatyn!

Dave

I can tell you that Colin considered it an honour to be the first rabbit to be that side of the decks in the Ducie and assist in such an enjoyable set. :sleep3:

Thank you for not letting him drink too much or giving in to his request for Earl Grant, Hide nor Hare! :thumbsup:

Credit to Stevie for putting the evening on- what a great way to get the night started. Can understand why Brett was gutted to miss it...if you read this mate, looking forward to having a pint with you at Prestatyn!

Dave

link

well i had a great night. the ducie was nice and cosy as usual.

i really enjoyed the new century too. i much prefer the downstairs venue especially as I am usually seen in the record bar most of the night. Last night gave me plenty of opportunities to run to the dance floor and leave my record sales to the more than capable hands of Mrs Rimmer and my mate Mark (vaultofsouler). Thanks to Mark for driving and getting me home through the snow on the snake pass. Nice to see some old friends and new as always.

Shane

Guest Marcelle

i really enjoyed the new century too. i much prefer the downstairs venue especially as I am usually seen in the record bar most of the night. Last night gave me plenty of opportunities to run to the dance floor and leave my record sales to the more than capable hands of Mrs Rimmer and my mate Mark (vaultofsouler). Thanks to Mark for driving and getting me home through the snow on the snake pass. Nice to see some old friends and new as always.Shane

link

I prefare the downstairs room too... no bloody stairs for me to run up as these limbs of mine are becoming....a wee bit "old" for that and to dance..

was good to see you on the dance floor sweetie.. did wonder if you wre going to do the "slosh" at one point... :huh:

Mrs Rimmer is becoming a dab hand at record sales... Im just wondering if Dave is planning to have her DJ aswell.... in fact that might not be a bad idea..

could be quite a novel way of marketing a venue... as im sure that Mrs Rimmer, Mrs Richards ( to be on the 18th June) and Mrs Woods could put together a good spot with all the hours that they MUST have put into buying, selling and listening to their hubbys rattle on about records over the years... :thumbsup:

hmm how about it lads??? :sleep3:

Maybe we could launch them next weekend im sure Rob would be up for it... :huh:

Marcelle xx :)

Had a great night at the Ducie.Thanks to Steve for letting me spin a few really enjoyed it.Nice to meet Rachel (great sounds - loved the Mitch Ryder) and also Mark/Vaultofsouler.

This is my playlist all in order

BILLY JOE ROYAL - HEARTS DESIRE - COLUMBIA

THE SHOWSTOPPERS - HOW EASY YOUR HEART FORGETS - HERITAGE

JIMMY BAILEY - HUSH - COLUMBIA

JIMMY JONES - WALKING - ROULETTE

CLYDE MCPHATTER - LONELY PEOPLE CAN AFFORD TO CRY - AMY

FREDDIE WILLIAMS - NAME IN LIGHTS - HOLLYWOOD

LOU RAWLS - HOUSE NEXT DOOR - CAPITOL

JOE HAYWOOD - CROSS MY HEART - FRONT PAGE

ROD JORDAN - I LIVE IN A CASTLE - KAREN

BUNNY SIGLER - FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - DECCA

JOE L - WORRIED - CLISSAC

BILL GRIFFIN - TRY TO RUN A GAME ON ME - NAPTOWN

MARV JOHNSON - WITH ALL THATS IN ME - UNITED ARTISTS

LIZ LANDS - MIDNIGHT JOHNNY - GORDY

WILLIE HARPER - SODA POP - SANSU

THE IMPACTS - JERKIN IN YOUR SEAT - COUNSEL

THE ELGINS - STREET SCENE - VALIANT

Thanks again Steve

Paul :thumbsup:

Had a great night at the Ducie.Thanks to Steve for letting me spin a few really enjoyed it.Nice to meet Rachel (great sounds - loved the Mitch Ryder) and also Mark/Vaultofsouler.

Thanks again Steve

link

Very nice stuff. Elgins probably the pick and right up my street.

Hammy

i really enjoyed the new century too. i much prefer the downstairs venue especially as I am usually seen in the record bar most of the night. Last night gave me plenty of opportunities to run to the dance floor and leave my record sales to the more than capable hands of Mrs Rimmer and my mate Mark (vaultofsouler). Thanks to Mark for driving and getting me home through the snow on the snake pass. Nice to see some old friends and new as always.

Shane

link

No worries Shane.... keeping an eye on your box gave me an excuse to rest the limbs :thumbsup: ....

Downstairs does have a more warmly and cosy feeling about it :sleep3: .... and as Shane says.... your not in and out of the record bar area and the main room as when upstairs....

Thanks again Steve

link

Good to meet and chat with you too Steve :sleep3: .... the Ducie always does set you off just right for the nite ahead IMO :huh: ....

Good to meet and chat with you too Steve :D .... the Ducie always does set you off just right for the nite ahead IMO :P ....

link

Mark my names Paul not Steve. :D I was referring to little stevie when I said thanks.

Serves me right though because after talking to you I decided to sign off with my own name instead of Stamford and now I'm not even certain who I am :lol:

Hope to make it over to your venue soon as I've only heard good things about it.

Paul :D

Mark my names Paul not Steve. :D   I was referring to little stevie when I said thanks.

Serves me right though because after talking to you I decided to sign off with my own name instead of Stamford and now I'm not even certain who I am :D

Hope to make it over to your venue soon as I've only heard good things about it.

Paul :D

link

:lol: .... sorry Paul.... or is that Steve, Stamford, Kevin, George, Paul, Mick, Fred, Joe, Adam, oh f*ck it.... I'm now confused.... nothing new there then :D ....

Hope you do get over to Ponds Forge sometime mate.... we'll have a :P .... :D ....

Edited by vaultofsouler

whistling.gif .... sorry Paul.... or is that Steve, Stamford, Kevin, George, Paul, Mick, Fred, Joe, Adam, oh f*ck it.... I'm now confused.... nothing new there then :D ....

Hope you do get over to Ponds Forge sometime mate.... we'll have a :ohmy: .... :D ....

link

Two of the Ducie guests..........Stamford And Rachel.

Thanks again to Stamford and Rachel for the tunes in the Ducie....Its a real nice feeling to see you lot on here come down every month..No Ducie bridge or CIS in April because of the Stafford anniversary..Taking bookings for June and July if you wanna get in touch with me...stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk..

I think the New Century works better downstairs too...Lets hope it goes on for a long time,we need a central Manchester all-niter with quality music..

Stamford is leaving the uk to live in Spain and i wish him all the best..Quality bloke like so many others on here..... whistling.gif

See you all in Prestatyn. :ohmy:

Source Advert