Prestatyn.....record Hunting

• Replies 58
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

Lou Jackson on "Spring"....think this is the one...will have to check, brilliant 45'

no idea of price ?

link

I may be going barmy but I think this is one I enquired about a few weeks ago and was told by one of the djs at Little Stevies doo that the track is actually credited to Lou Jackson but in fact is Lou Johnson , Is the track really mellow sounding , bossa nova type feel to it ?

Hope I have'nt misguided you mate , Im not sure just going by memory whistling.gif

Im postive that one of our well informed comrades will notify us

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Lou Jackson on Spring is Lou Johnson? Don't think I've ever heard that rumour... strange record. I should really like it, but don't. I think the coy backing vocals completely ruin it. Having said that, Lou's singing is excellent, whoever he is. It's a tough record to price. Maybe £200+ these days, although I can't say I've heard it out anywhere for a number of years.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

Ok, so here is an idea, what if someone got hold of a chalkboard like the one in the pic'. and put it on a long pole.  you could pay say £1 to have the record you are looking for chalked onto the board,  It then could be paraded around the record area, and all the dealers could see it, and if they had it they shout up.  The £1 donation could go to charity......Just an idea. whistling.gif

link

I have packed Harrys old chalk board :lol:

I also have a large bag of food scraps for the seagulls and will place mounds of food near the dealers chalets till someone sells me demanding man this weekend :huh:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I have packed Harrys old chalk board  :lol:

I also have a large bag of food scraps for the seagulls and will place mounds of food near the dealers chalets till someone sells me demanding man this weekend  whistling.gif

link

Janine, I hope you're not going to get in the way of me getting my hands on the Sensations? After all, I still have "horse", and it's such a long way from Chelmsford to Prestatyn, all sorts of things could happen along the way. :huh:

Social source share

Totally forgotten is slightly exaggerated I think Chalky. After all this was played quite a bit in the 70's (both Torch and Wigan I think?) and was popular enough to get booted for the UK market + it is a relatively common record on a well known label. Overall a pretty well known oldie, albeit not played much in recent years perhaps (though it must surely have been getting spins at oldies events? Perhaps oldies events is the place to look for 'new' sounds?!) It's a good record, but just one of many good oldies that are not (or were not) played much. If anything it just proves how superficial a lot of people's knowledge really is and how little variation there often is in what is played.

link

I agree,hyped up crap!,how much the boot now?green fuckin`ugly thing,heard this in the old days loads.Ken

link

Christian, I know full well it was played lots in the old days whistling.gif I also know it was booted and agree with Kenny's comment regarding green f****** ugly thing :huh: What I was trying to say that prior tpo Butch spinning it it was seldom or never heard for number of years.

You know full well that many buyers either don't have the knowledge or too much money. Many records have gone the same way as Johnny Howard.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Lou Jackson on Spring is Lou Johnson? Don't think I've ever heard that rumour... strange record. I should really like it, but don't. I think the coy backing vocals completely ruin it. Having said that, Lou's singing is excellent, whoever he is. It's a tough record to price. Maybe £200+ these days, although I can't say I've heard it out anywhere for a number of years.

link

Probably not far off there Gareth it is reputedly one of the (or even the) hardest on the label a great record like you say although perhaps a tad fast for todays crossover shufflers whistling.gif

John

Social source share

Janine, I hope you're not going to get in the way of me getting my hands on the Sensations? After all, I still have "horse", and it's such a long way from Chelmsford to Prestatyn, all sorts of things could happen along the way. whistling.gif

link

:angry: :angry: :huh::lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Christian,  I know full well it was played lots in the old days  ph34r.gif   I also know it was booted and agree with Kenny's comment regarding green f****** ugly thing  :lol:   What I was trying to say that prior tpo Butch spinning it it was seldom or never heard for number of years.

You know full well that many buyers either don't have the knowledge or too much money. Many records have gone the same way as Johnny Howard.

link

The Chantels "Indian Giver" is the same. £40er for such along time, then all of a sudden, woooosh!

It's easy to look on with a kind of 'ha, what fools, I only paid £40 for it two years ago' attitude, but it's all about supply and demand.

Chalky, do you have Johney Howard? If you think the people who pay £200 have too much money and not enough knowledge why don't you sell your copy to them? If you don't sell your copy for £200, I assume it is worth more to you (or perhaps you have more money than those with too much, and less knowledge than those without? :D ) ?

Personally I facking luv Johney Howard, but like so many records on the scene it has been killed by DJs hammering it to death. I only paid £40 for my copy a little over a year ago I think, but I wouldn't sell it for £200, even though I'm bored of it (and love it at the same time, how odd record collectiong can be :lol: ). Does that mean that I (and I assume others who won't sell their copy) have more money than people with too much money, and less knowledge than those without knowledge?

Bloody hell, the thought of the 5 hour drive to Prestatyn this afternoon has really scrambled my brain. I can't wait to get pissed tonight! :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert