• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Gavin Page

With you all the way on this mate, quality. :thumbup:

What's a fair price for this these days £350 ish?

clarhillza5.jpg

Anyone seen an issue?

Strange release also on PG (dunno origins) flip of Sherri Taylor - 'He's the one who rings my bell'.

bootqe7.jpg

£113 GBP 20/3/06

Ian, price is a bit of an odd one as well, I have seen it from £125.00 to £500.00 but not got my hands on one :wicked:

PG issue is very interesting ph34r.gif

There is a album cut as I was told last nite, on a 60s comp' as well.

Social source share

It's a £450+ record all day now, definitely. Missed about 10 over the years, not one went for less than £400, one on Manships few weeks ago must have gone for over £500.

The 60s comp it's on is called Boogaloo! and is on Brent for some reason, with a load of Brenton Wood stuff. Not sure how that came about.

Social source share

With you all the way on this mate, quality. :lol:

What's a fair price for this these days £350 ish?

clarhillza5.jpg

Anyone seen an issue?

Strange release also on PG (dunno origins) flip of Sherri Taylor - 'He's the one who rings my bell'.

bootqe7.jpg

£113 GBP 20/3/06

Are all the Sherri Taylor's on PG boots then?! cos i've seen them go for more than the Gloreco copies :lol: , and was told it was a rarer release, even though I never believed there's be a smaller label release than Gloreco!

Social source share

Are all the Sherri Taylor's on PG boots then?! cos i've seen them go for more than the Gloreco copies :lol: , and was told it was a rarer release, even though I never believed there's be a smaller label release than Gloreco!

No, there are also legit PG releases (without CH on the flip obviously). Gloreco though is by far the rarer and the first release...although there are some who think its exactly the other way round. At a wild guess they do own the PG release :lol:

Marc

Social source share

No, there are also legit PG releases (without CH on the flip obviously). Gloreco though is by far the rarer and the first release...although there are some who think its exactly the other way round. At a wild guess they do own the PG release :lol:

Marc

Both Detroit abd PG owned by Paul Gerranni according to R&B indies. No info of owners for Gloreco and nnot got a scan handy.

Clarence Hill would be £500 if I was selling. The two in 2004 Ian mentions were a bargain IMHO.

Social source share

The PG one is a boot, I was shocked to see it sell for so much. Mainstream issue is very hard, you always see the WD.

Marc

Me and Ian O'Hara were in Chicago in 2003 and found 2 stock copies at a Doo Wop collectors house. Ian has sold almost all of his collection since he went to New Zealand but I still have mine. Whenever I do the odd (very odd) spot I tend to play Clarence Hill because it always gets a good reaction.

Was very surprised on John's auction the other week to see him describe it as "Latin". Not how I would personally describe it.

Mark

Social source share

Me and Ian O'Hara were in Chicago in 2003 and found 2 stock copies at a Doo Wop collectors house. Ian has sold almost all of his collection since he went to New Zealand but I still have mine. Whenever I do the odd (very odd) spot I tend to play Clarence Hill because it always gets a good reaction.

Was very surprised on John's auction the other week to see him describe it as "Latin". Not how I would personally describe it.

Mark

Mark, remember that Night well drove back from Pittsburg to meet that Guy, if I remember right 2 x mint issues $10 each + he had Another in his collection. picked up lots of great 45s that night all as cheap as chips.

sold mine a couple of years ago 375

Speak soon Ian

Edited by Ian
Social source share

Source Advert