The Worst Record Ever?

boba

• Replies 54
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is like the worst thing I've ever heard. Every time this record gets played, a little more of motown dies somehow... like a house gets abandoned or a factory closes...

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280170549635

:thumbsup: Not half as bad as I was expecting. Just a poor alternative version.

More like finding an abandoned house if you're a squatter - it will suffice for some.

And yes, there is far worse out there IMO - I'll go for the Peanut Duck too.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Peanut Duck , The Natural Facts ,Eve of destruction all about the same level as this :thumbsup:

Oh my God 'Eve of Destruction' - I'd managed to blank that record out of memory

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

Horrendous as that is i've heard worse on the northern scene over the years, "Peanut duck " anyone.

Derek

I've always hated that record and never understood why so many people raved about it. Her attempt at scatting halfway through the tune sounds like she's put a duck through a blender.

Social source share

I've always hated that record and never understood why so many people raved about it. Her attempt at scatting halfway through the tune sounds like she's put a duck through a blender.

Its simply cause its a superb dance record.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

This is like the worst thing I've ever heard. Every time this record gets played, a little more of motown dies somehow... like a house gets abandoned or a factory closes...

I bet if a big name DJ bought it, played it out and talked it up it would be massive in weeks. No worse than Joe Jama or Joey Delorenzo IMO... :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

I bet if a big name DJ bought it, played it out and talked it up it would be massive in weeks. No worse than Joe Jama IMO... :thumbsup:

:boxing: get back to your politics matt you obviously know nowt about music :rolleyes:

Edited by Bearsy
Social source share

The record mention in the first post sound almost like Skiffle :thumbsup:

But the worst record by far, IMO..

Natural Facts-Girl don't cry-Lucky Lou

Anyone have a sound file for it, just to support my case. If there was a case for not buying records blind this is it. Tim Ashibend one night at Stafford came up to me a said "Dave, you got to buy this it's Keb's new cover up and it's only the second copy to turn up". I did, big mistake, took me another 5 years to off load it. :rolleyes:

Dave

Social source share

Guest uroffal

The record mention in the first post sound almost like Skiffle :thumbsup:

Anyone have a sound file for it, just to support my case. If there was a case for not buying records blind this is it. Tim Ashibend one night at Stafford came up to me a said "Dave, you got to buy this it's Keb's new cover up and it's only the second copy to turn up". I did, big mistake, took me another 5 years to off load it. :rolleyes:

Dave

Oh great - this thread's getting worse by the minute. Now you've mentioned the title this one's come back to me as well! Think it's on one of the Keb Live Stafford clips that are on here, but I'm not going looking for it!

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

The record mention in the first post sound almost like Skiffle :rolleyes:

Anyone have a sound file for it, just to support my case. If there was a case for not buying records blind this is it. Tim Ashibend one night at Stafford came up to me a said "Dave, you got to buy this it's Keb's new cover up and it's only the second copy to turn up". I did, big mistake, took me another 5 years to off load it. :boxing:

Dave

Im sure it was coverd up Dave ..maybe the Del-Capris ( Binsey or Tony Smith will know) , it was hammered for a few months too as I heard it at a few venues other than Stafford :thumbsup:

Social source share

The record mention in the first post sound almost like Skiffle :unsure:

Anyone have a sound file for it, just to support my case. If there was a case for not buying records blind this is it. Tim Ashibend one night at Stafford came up to me a said "Dave, you got to buy this it's Keb's new cover up and it's only the second copy to turn up". I did, big mistake, took me another 5 years to off load it. :ohmy:

Dave

Yeah, but you didn't have to play it Dave!

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Two of Keb's other awful Stafford plays IMO:

'Emotions' can't remember what this was covered as or who it actually is and don't care to be reminded and the Enchantments 'I'm In Love With your Daughter'. The latter aslways has and still is popular though I've no idea why (sounds like it should have been on the Nuggets LP to me.

Social source share

'Emotions' can't remember what this was covered as or who it actually is and don't care to be reminded and the Enchantments 'I'm In Love With your Daughter'. The latter aslways has and still is popular though I've no idea why (sounds like it should have been on the Nuggets LP to me.

Im sure he played the Trent Sisters as well ?

Social source share

Covered as Terrible Tom-Help,Truth & Portraits on True Love-there, I've reminded you :unsure:

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Covered as Terrible Tom-Help,Truth & Portraits on True Love-there, I've reminded you :unsure:

Oh great :ohmy: I think this thread should be closed before anyone thinks of any more

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

The record mention in the first post sound almost like Skiffle :unsure:

Anyone have a sound file for it, just to support my case. If there was a case for not buying records blind this is it. Tim Ashibend one night at Stafford came up to me a said "Dave, you got to buy this it's Keb's new cover up and it's only the second copy to turn up". I did, big mistake, took me another 5 years to off load it. :ohmy:

Dave

I own the natural facts 45 but I guess I bought it as a label filler since I had that TNJs (which I also think is bad actually). But at least the natural facts just sounds like a bad garage record and isn't someone singing way out of tune on a known motown song. I don't know the "peanut duck" record people are talking about -- what is the artist?

Social source share

I own the natural facts 45 but I guess I bought it as a label filler since I had that TNJs (which I also think is bad actually). But at least the natural facts just sounds like a bad garage record and isn't someone singing way out of tune on a known motown song. I don't know the "peanut duck" record people are talking about -- what is the artist?

Unknown covered as Marsha Gee

Social source share

Guest cardysharpy

That's an absolute shocker! It could have been me drunk doing karaoke!

Please please can someone post up some of the other wrong-uns mentioned in this thread. The TV is shite tonight and I fancy a good laugh.

Social source share

That's an absolute shocker! It could have been me drunk doing karaoke!

Please please can someone post up some of the other wrong-uns mentioned in this thread. The TV is shite tonight and I fancy a good laugh.

I just listened to the peanut duck and it's not even in the same league as this one. I think people are just bitter from hearing it a lot. I think the record I posted is still in the lead...

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Peanut Duck , The Natural Facts ,Eve of destruction all about the same level as this :thumbsup:

Girl dont cry ? Great record :rolleyes:

Trent Sisters Love it

Enchantments Awsome , personal taste i suppose .

Edited by Leigh J
Social source share

Guest cardysharpy

I just listened to the peanut duck and it's not even in the same league as this one. I think people are just bitter from hearing it a lot. I think the record I posted is still in the lead...

It's a cover up. It's actually by Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest franky m

Peanut duck , ok shit title , but wot a dance floor filler , if you were,nt there at the time keb was playing this at the 100 or stafford and you didnt dance you were one legged , it was tunes like this that made the 100 club and stafford one step ahead , long live the dance !!

Social source share

Peanut duck , ok shit title , but wot a dance floor filler , if you were,nt there at the time keb was playing this at the 100 or stafford and you didnt dance you were one legged , it was tunes like this that made the 100 club and stafford one step ahead , long live the dance !!

Sorry i was at both venues at the time , it made me cringe then and still does. It certainly WASN'T tunes like this that made the 100 club & stafford one step ahead. There were plenty tunes that did but jeez this wasn't one of them.

Derek

Social source share

Guest franky m

Sorry i was at both venues at the time , it made me cringe then and still does. It certainly WASN'T tunes like this that made the 100 club & stafford one step ahead. There were plenty tunes that did but jeez this wasn't one of them.

Derek

cringe , derek you must have been at the bar , lol , i remember lots of floor clearers and this was,nt one

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I hate to ask, but could someone post a clip of the peanut duck? It's my morbid curiosity..

Oh, please don't - in this instance ignorance is bliss (trust me)

Social source share

I hate to ask, but could someone post a clip of the peanut duck? It's my morbid curiosity..

Simon posted it in Media. It's my last played clip.

Worst Northern record ever is The Four Chaps - Will you or won't you. Not imo, it just is. Sounds like and east end barrow boy on lead vocals. Just an awful pile of truly terrible cack that makes all of the above mentioned tracks look like the Cairo's.

Edited by Ian Sims
Social source share

Im sure he played the Trent Sisters as well ?

jesus, the Trent sisters is amazing. Not a northern record maybe but a good record surely?? :ohmy:

I think the Peanut duck is a cool dance craze type record, she dont sing too good but kind of cute. Good fun record IMO with a catchy hook at least, more than you can say for a lot of 'serious' Northern

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

Guest GoodTaste

jesus, the Trent sisters is amazing. Not a northern record maybe but a good record surely?? :thumbup:

I think the Peanut duck is a cool dance craze type record, she dont sing too good but kind of cute. Good fun record IMO with a catchy hook at least, more than you can say for a lot of 'serious' Northern

i agree, not my cup of tea but it's a great dance record. i never though it was a "northern" record anyway. It sounds more sixties beat than soul to me.

Social source share

Anyone who doesn't get things like 'Peanut Duck & 'The Kid' etc. doesn't understand where NS is coming from imo, it's not about serious Soul it's about Soul related/Motownish sounding records that come alive in a dancehall, all IMHO.

Simon :thumbup:

Social source share

PMSL that is so absolutely stunningly terrible that I almost quite like it - vocal reminds of benecio del torro's character in the usual suspects 'yarrr, he'll flip ya' :thumbup:

Edited by martint
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!