St Ivo ..st Ives 12th April 2008

Guest red or dead

Wouldnt be ss without it ! Part of lifes rich tapestry,so long as no-one takes it too seriously and remembers the MUSIC is what we love.

Tickets selling well for this and as nusha says we will be at Prestatyn next weekend then Soul ole Peterboroughon the 7th March Fulbourn,Cambridge on the 8th

• Replies 215
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hi dave

good to see you friday,i see the usual bitching is alive and well in this thread,wanted to wish you good luck with the night and if i can drive by then or get a lift i will def be in attendance :ohmy:

good to see you 2 , sorry we did not get chance to talk the legs off the local donkey ! lol ... next time .... sure you will be able to get a lift or just get a wheelchair and start off early in the morning ! :thumbsup::lol:

if your going to bedford may see you there, will contact you in the week

cheers

David

I know this is off topic but having taken a detour off the A14 today to pop into the second hand record shop in St Ives' town centre I was devastated to find it's now a kitchen showroom :( When did that happen? I got a nice Paris Blues on Mala out of there about 5 years ago so when at Cambridge Uni try to pop in if I get finished early enough.

On the plus side I did see where the LEL is for future reference. Not been to the St Ivo centre since '77 and then I did it by train, loved it but a long way from the North West unless I can arrange to be working down that way on a Friday.

Good luck with the event BTW

Guest nusha

Evoloution will be on a saturday.The close proximity of the a14 makes St Ives accessable from all points north or south.The LEL has been inactive for a while but who knows?Its optomistic to find any kind of record shop these days.They have all gone.I doubt if you will ever beat that PARIS BLUES find.

Evoloution will be on a saturday.The close proximity of the a14 makes St Ives accessable from all points north or south.The LEL has been inactive for a while but who knows?Its optomistic to find any kind of record shop these days.They have all gone.I doubt if you will ever beat that PARIS BLUES find.

I realised that Evolution was a Sat but if I'm that way on a Friday I can stay over and the firm pay my travel :thumbup:

I picked up a nice near mint Mary Wells - Dear Lover on black British Atlantic in a charity shop in Farnham last month not in the same league as Paris Blues but nice all the same. It pays to keep your eyes open :thumbsup:

Guest nusha

Yes Ged you certainly seem to have a golden touch with hunting.Try and make the ST IVO if ypu can.Youll be most welcome and its going to be a cracker,,,Regards

Guest StefMalajny

The Wifes lost me ticket again so she`s in the bad books

Helen will have tickets at the City Club next week,she has great selling technique , buy a ticket or she dances near you and accidentally treads on you toes, and if you still dont buy ticket she starts spinning in the traditional flowing NS frock :D

perhaps someone can share it with us then!! :yes:
Well i am djing with 3 others to confirm .....hopefully will be able to tell you more very soon
Guest nusha

Well i am djing with 3 others to confirm .....hopefully will be able to tell you more very soon

The legendary Noisey Kev and Mr Generous we hear?.

Guest soulmotion

Three weeks to go - tickets available from SoulMotion or direct from the Ivo

www.soulmotion.co.uk

St Ivo Centre (01480) 388500 credit card booking

Guest red or dead

tickets on sale at Frank Lee centre tonight in Cambridge £8 this will be £12 on the door so worth getting or phone the numbers on the fliers

shit....me and Kay were going as well to give Steve J a shout, sorry Ian & Barry you have PM

your loss mr. 'D', the words "nose - face - cut off to spite" come to mind,

if the reason for you not going is because i was going that shows how much you really cared about supporting steve 'j' nes pas? XX

your loss mr. 'D', the words "nose - face - cut off to spite" come to mind,

if the reason for you not going is because i was going that shows how much you really cared about supporting steve 'j' nes pas? XX

Your attempts to draw me into another spat are futile.

Have a nice day Michael.

Looking forward to this night now :D

I have been told by some of my modern soul friends they are going to venture into the darkside ...ie the R&B room :yes::D !!

Should real good fun night thumbup.gif

Guest nusha

beat the expensive door admission now..Tickets available from ST IVO box Office / WEGOTTICKETS.com/Soulmotion.co.uk or any of the numbers mentioned as of the flyer.Tickets available at Right Track Peterboro this friday

I;m doing a show tomorrow night for bbc cambs would the organisers let me know if there are tickets left and can people pay on the door.

thanks for that Paul, have a good one.... tickets from the Ivo they take credit cards..... www.wegottickets.com me on 07780 953481.....paypal david@junghans.co.uk up till friday midnight then tickets will be left on door ..... advance payment £8 cash £8.50 via paypal.... £12 on the door...... info call me on 07780 953481

all the best

David

thanks for that Paul, have a good one.... tickets from the Ivo they take credit cards..... www.wegottickets.com me on 07780 953481.....paypal david@junghans.co.uk up till friday midnight then tickets will be left on door ..... advance payment £8 cash £8.50 via paypal.... £12 on the door...... info call me on 07780 953481

all the best

David

just had four from peterborough asking what the music policy in the main room is, could you clarify please dave.

so am I Jon.....so many things 2do but not enough hours in the day ! ohmy.gif

Hi David,

As you know, I'm 'Otherwise Engaged' on this night, but hope all goes well. This man has done thousands of miles promoting this event, so deserves a f*ckin' good night...Even though he does use stupid big writing! :thumbup:

All the best,

Len.

THIS POST HAS BEEN, CHECKED, DOUBLE CHECKED AND TREBLE CHECKED...IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY OFFENDED BY IT...F*CK OFF! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!!! (WITHOUT PREJUDICE)

Hi David,

As you know, I'm 'Otherwise Engaged' on this night, but hope all goes well. This man has done thousands of miles promoting this event, so deserves a f*ckin' good night...Even though he does use stupid big writing! :thumbup:

All the best,

Len.

THIS POST HAS BEEN, CHECKED, DOUBLE CHECKED AND TREBLE CHECKED...IF YOU ARE IN ANY WAY OFFENDED BY IT...F*CK OFF! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!!! (WITHOUT PREJUDICE)

think he should be charged by LETTER SIZE!!!!! whistling.gif

Guest MOLLY

all the best

David

Only two days and sleeps to go, until this fabulous new event. Don't miss it, get your tickets NOW !

See you all Saturday, for a stonking good night. :wink:

Best

Molly

just had four from peterborough asking what the music policy in the main room is, could you clarify please dave.

The main room will be 60's northern inc RnB and crossover....... the Dj's will play current hot sounds and quality rare oldies ...... , Bobby Kline, Joseph Webster , Jimmy Delphs , Coco & Ben etc.... you wont hear Frank Wilson or Right Track.........but with Dj's like Mick H , Carl Fortnum , Soul Sam , Molly , Hammie and Sean Chapman it will be quality all night ! :rolleyes:

Hi David,

As you know, I'm 'Otherwise Engaged' on this night, but hope all goes well. This man has done thousands of miles promoting this event, so deserves a f*ckin' good night...Even though he does use stupid big writing! :D

All the best,

Len.

at least i don't use the bold button ! come on over after your spot mate..... you'll love it ! :rolleyes:

Source Advert