sbi.mp3

Edited by miff
Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1. Real, as far as I'm aware not booted.

2. Same group

3. Odd spin owt, nothing serious tho'

4. £50 I think. Listed one some time ago for around that figure.

hope that helps.....

I think they have 4-5 records on SBI. Personally I like the record they did on CUR.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just won this on ebay, couple of questions please

1. Is it a boot
  2. Is it the same band as in pyramid
  3. has it been played out
  4. Is it worth owt
Sound is ony a sample as I havnt recived the record yet

Same group different lead singer to Pyramid. That was George Brown, although he was in this line up as well he sang backing while ?? can't remember sang on lead. They had releases on Golden Eye, S.B.I, Commonwealth. The group now performs as The Soul Brothers and Others, or something like that, due to some friction amoungst the different members. I speak to George from time to time. He is a very tall man!!!!!

post-3008-1196189407_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

1. Real, as far as I'm aware not booted.

2. Same group

3. Odd spin owt, nothing serious tho'

4. £50 I think. Listed one some time ago for around that figure.

hope that helps.....

Thanks Chalky, :rolleyes:

Thorght it sounded the same group, had no Idea on the value,bit of a result there, ive never heard it anywhere but that not surprising , allways a bit suspicious when Know one else bids on somthing, would of thorght it would be worth a punt when they had a well kown 45

Social source share

Same group different lead singer to Pyramid. That was George Brown, although he was in this line up as well he sang backing while ?? can't remember sang on lead. They had releases on Golden Eye, S.B.I, Commonwealth. The group now performs as The Soul Brothers and Others, or something like that, due to some friction amoungst the different members. I speak to George from time to time. He is a very tall man!!!!!

post-3008-1196189407_thumb.jpg

Crikey he is a big fella :rolleyes:

Social source share

I have 4 by them on this label, believe there's 2 others, as Sebastian clearly knows the one to get is Girl in the Hot Pants, not Northern in the least but a massive boogaloo funk dancer, the flip is astounding too and I play that out as much as the A-side, I used to have a solo 45 by the lead singer too, Henry Boatwright on Genesis, decent 2-sider, traded this to Finewine few years ago.

Social source share

SBI is from the Houston, Texas area, didn't think Salem was.....

Had a feeling they were one and the same but not too sure at the same time. Soul Harmony does list George Brown as being a member though, SH not always right either. I did have a scan of the Salem 45 but can't find it.

Henry Boatright is the lead on SBI.

Social source share

Had a feeling they were one and the same but not too sure at the same time. Soul Harmony does list George Brown as being a member though, SH not always right either. I did have a scan of the Salem 45 but can't find it.

Henry Boatright is the lead on SBI.

The soul harmony singles book is totally wrong on this. All the soul brothers inc records are the same texas group except the salem group, which is a white virginia group.

Social source share

The soul harmony singles book is totally wrong on this. All the soul brothers inc records are the same texas group except the salem group, which is a white virginia group.

on diggin' bit further the Salem outfit consisted amongst the group Earl and Marshall Carter. Teardrops a terrible record too IMHO.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Gonna try and sell a copy again of the soul bros.inc "love sweet love" SBI 45 if anyone is interested reading this thread, will post in the sales forum tomorrow morning with a sound clip etc.

As a matter of interest or not "love sweet love" got released as the walkers on international mod, can anyone explain why the walkers ( Mr Thorley maybe ? ) the same record just a different group name

cheers

Andy Mann :P

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Gonna try and sell a copy again of the soul bros.inc "love sweet love" SBI 45 if anyone is interested reading this thread, will post in the sales forum tomorrow morning with a sound clip etc.

As a matter of interest or not "love sweet love" got released as the walkers on international mod, can anyone explain why the walkers ( Mr Thorley maybe ? ) the same record just a different group name

cheers

Andy Mann :P

I never noticed this, but I just played the walkers record and it is the same recording. The flip is different but it's clearly the same vocalist, so it is the soul brothers inc. Maybe they heard of the virginia group and changed their name?

Social source share

• 5 years later...

Ten quid probably....

So even less desirable than the uk centred Golden EYE boot?

Seems to have been played out...

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:41 PM

*Own Search Viewing mixed ads change The Moon Hotel Derby opens its doors again on the Friday 19th November,playing qaulity soul with regular dj's GLYNN SISSONS ,ANDY MURFIN, JOHN HEANEY,

And this months guest dj Steve Brown "Ilkeston" spinning the decks for the first time at the Moon.Word is finally getting around that this is a venue in the East Midlands that is doing its own thing and playing something different than you normal run of the mill soul night.We have had good feed back off people that have attended that they enjoyed the Quality of music played,which is across the board 60's 70's and underplayed Northern.Good Friendly venue large car park at rear easy access from M1 junction 25 A52 Derby see Flyer/Events guide

RECORD DEALERS WELCOME

heres a few of my favorite tracks......John h

CRY LIKE A BABY THE JIVE FIVE

ONE GRAIN OF SAND MITCH RYDER

BIRTH OF A PLAY BOY THE CHOSEN FEW

STOP AND LISTEN PATTI DREW

CLOSED FOR THE SEASON BETTYE SWAN

GIRL I LOVE YOU RON HOLDEN

HAVE YOU EVER THE ENCHANTED FIVE

IT WAS YOU SANDY BROCKINGTON

PYRAMID SBI

Social source share