Overkill Again?

Ezzie Brown

i think im correct in saying there are 4 niters and a weekender on this weekend in the uk, with a miriad of soul nites once again are we gonna be spread to thin everywhere? im wondering wether to risk goin anywhere as i gotta travel 100 miles at least to any of the niters and hate it when its a disappiontment.it seem to be the same most weeks or nothin on at all ! is the scene really thriving or is it just bein slowly strangled to death by its adherants??????? im not really after replies as this has been discussed before just having a reflective rant....ill stay in unless otherwise persauded [come on!!!] i think , :thumbsup: and take a look around next week...cheers , enjoy anyway EZZIE

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

On a "different" site I just posted similar about this weekend but I called it

"Madness Sheer Madness"

Within 15 miles of where I live there are 3 soul events on this Friday - hope they all pay their way cos its tooooooooooo much methinks :wicked:

Promoters get your heads 2gether :thumbsup:

Social source share

i think im correct in saying there are 4 niters and a weekender on this weekend in the uk, with a miriad of soul nites once again are we gonna be spread to thin everywhere? im wondering wether to risk goin anywhere as i gotta travel 100 miles at least to any of the niters and hate it when its a disappiontment.it seem to be the same most weeks or nothin on at all ! is the scene really thriving or is it just bein slowly strangled to death by its adherants??????? im not really after replies as this has been discussed before just having a reflective rant....ill stay in unless otherwise persauded [come on!!!] i think , :thumbsup: and take a look around next week...cheers , enjoy anyway EZZIE

Me thinks you moan too much!!,i`m orf`to two and very happy too!!.........whats to say if there was one nighter this weekend it`ll be any good!!you would still be dissapointed and have a moan on here. :wicked:

Social source share

just having a reflective rant....ill stay in unless otherwise persauded [come on!!!] i think , ohmy.gif and take a look around next week...cheers , enjoy anyway EZZIE

Hi Ezzie me OLD pal tongue.gif , (you sound a bit down in the dump's, oop's that's where you live ain't it, sorry). Why dont you join us at the Citrus Rooms Barnsley, you went to the last one and had a good time yes.gif .

Get your arse into gear :wicked: and we'll see you there. [COME ON EZZIE] we want to see you :thumbsup: me thinks.

Willie

Social source share

i think im correct in saying there are 4 niters and a weekender on this weekend in the uk, with a miriad of soul nites once again are we gonna be spread to thin everywhere? im wondering wether to risk goin anywhere as i gotta travel 100 miles at least to any of the niters and hate it when its a disappiontment.it seem to be the same most weeks or nothin on at all ! is the scene really thriving or is it just bein slowly strangled to death by its adherants??????? im not really after replies as this has been discussed before just having a reflective rant....ill stay in unless otherwise persauded [come on!!!] i think , ohmy.gif and take a look around next week...cheers , enjoy anyway EZZIE

and while we're at it ,let's shut all Football grounds down if they're too close.

Fans in London wouldn't mind would they?.Millwall to say,West Ham?.Chelsea and Arsenal fans patting each other on the back "Much better now,with less clubs".

ManCity fans would relish a shutdown in favor of going to ManU.

And as for the Lower Leagues,,,,,shut them down,,who do they think they are,trying to play football when the Elite already have the monopoly??.

Mansfield Town,Forest,Derby,Chesterfield..one of 'em's got to go..............

A man walks into Dragon's Den......................with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

Social source share

You should think yourself lucky that you have the choice to actually go anywhere....!

Mmmm should I go to Barnsley? Radcliffe? Ritz Prestwich Allniter.....? I think I'll stay home actually...why go out when I can pack boxes for moving and change 2 babies' nappies whistling.gif

It's an easy choice-if you like R&B and uptempo sixties - go to Barnsley

If you like Ritz plays, oldies and modern (probably the best modern room around some would say) go to Prestwich (but get there early)...

And if you want to hear across the board and some classic Detroit Northern Soul (Mr Bicknell is on) and a separate R&B mod/ska room go to Radcliffe.

In fact Radcliffe and Prestwich are so close to each other (only a couple of miles apart) you could stay up here and do both...if you've got the stamina :D

And I'm sure I don't need to tell you what to expect from the 100 club?

You see I am an expert on where to go even though I rarely go anywhere rolleyes.gif

Have a good one anyway you moaning old bugger laugh.gif

Edited by reg
Social source share

and while we're at it ,let's shut all Football grounds down if they're too close.

Fans in London wouldn't mind would they?.Millwall to say,West Ham?.Chelsea and Arsenal fans patting each other on the back "Much better now,with less clubs".

ManCity fans would relish a shutdown in favor of going to ManU.

And as for the Lower Leagues,,,,,shut them down,,who do they think they are,trying to play football when the Elite already have the monopoly??.

Mansfield Town,Forest,Derby,Chesterfield..one of 'em's got to go..............

A man walks into Dragon's Den......................with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

Well said that man, what does the song say, "Only the strong survive", anyway I bet most Soul nights are Oldies, so they don't count really in our case Ezzie. Now I've heard you like your R&B Ezzie, so me thinks (from what I've heard) that Citrus rooms at Barnsley would be right up your street. thumbsup.gif

We're off to "Up Front" weekender at Skeggy but if we weren't there we'd be at "Attic" but Skeggy's been planned for ages, so a walk along the sands is in order. smile.gif

Kev thought Mansfield Town had already "shutdown", specially the attackers, whereas the defence is "Open all hours", boom,boom!!!! :D

Take care & be safe, "Attic Boys" you have a good un,

Spot. shades.gif

Social source share

Ha ha...if you moved the 100 club to Oxford Street Manchester I'd be there every month :lol:

Thats no excuse Reg :thumbsup:

the folk from the north dont know how lucky they are sometimes do they Reg with lots of variety within a bus ride form home, id like to have the choice week in week out even if one of the choices was to stay in yes.gif

Social source share

Hi Ezzie me OLD pal :D , (you sound a bit down in the dump's, oop's that's where you live ain't it, sorry). Why dont you join us at the Citrus Rooms Barnsley, you went to the last one and had a good time :P .

Get your arse into gear :lol: and we'll see you there. [COME ON EZZIE] we want to see you :thumbsup: me thinks.

Willie

i was just making a point about the nos of events and its affect on attendances :yes: weather gonna b crap, no travelling companions available so ..cheers willie, thumbup.gif i know it will b good al barnsley but i have been offered a lift to the yate revival, nearby so ill go and catch up with some old mates,despite never goin to yate when it was active...have fun everyone......im gonna........ez :D

Social source share

You should think yourself lucky that you have the choice to actually go anywhere....!

Mmmm should I go to Barnsley? Radcliffe? Ritz Prestwich Allniter.....? I think I'll stay home actually...why go out when I can pack boxes for moving and change 2 babies' nappies :lol:

It's an easy choice-if you like R&B and uptempo sixties - go to Barnsley

If you like Ritz plays, oldies and modern (probably the best modern room around some would say) go to Prestwich (but get there early)...

And if you want to hear across the board and some classic Detroit Northern Soul (Mr Bicknell is on) and a separate R&B mod/ska room go to Radcliffe.

In fact Radcliffe and Prestwich are so close to each other (only a couple of miles apart) you could stay up here and do both...if you've got the stamina :(

And I'm sure I don't need to tell you what to expect from the 100 club?

You see I am an expert on where to go even though I rarely go anywhere :no:

Have a good one anyway you moaning old bugger :D

A man who's glass is definitely half full :D

Social source share

How many Allnighters are on the 15th December,4 or 5?

Its a no win situation again :no:

Kev :lol:

It's like this every week - as its been pointed out many times. The crowd has dropped off but the number of events has remained. Why so many people think now is a good time to start new events is beyond me!, especially in the North West. Everything must be catered for and there is an event (understatement) on every weekend. Money's tighter in many cases than it was a few years ago but this seems irrelevant because so many new gigs keeps springing up.

sorry - you got me started too. LOL

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Ezzie you should have gone to barnsley, Mike came over from Lowton and I persuaded him to stay all night, which makes a change

Really enjoyed R&B room apart from it was freezing due to the entrance to the smoking area being open all night

On the event front me and my mate Mike are stating a soul nite in Feb but we consciously checked to see what other soul nites are on the 1st Friday of the month, the other session we could find that may be playing something similar is Roger Bank's do in Spondon and didnt think there would be impact on either do due to the distance

Problem is we are all getting too old to cope with a full weekend anymore, what happen to the days when it was soul night Friday, onto a nighter , doss round someones house on a Saturday until the next soul night or nighter then an all dayer on a sunday before making a valiant attempt to get to work on a monday? Youth is definately wasted!!!

Steve

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

As an avid alnighter goer that lives near Manchester i wish i could get out!!!! Its Sat night Prestwich nighter is on and im typing on here:(.

My wifes disabled and shes laid on the bed asleep so apart from doing this i am also playing freeroll poker!

I have responsibilities so guys please dont moan about to many things on, its not that bad!!

Up side is ive got a babysitter for next week and ive also got my ticket for the CIS :thumbup::lol::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!