Forum Member Badmouths Scene On Another Board

• Replies 149
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

So funny though, if anyone wanted to assassinate James on here they only have to ask for material to use against him, I got loads for the right price :D

link

Yeah but you're a blackmailer not a grass whistling.gif

PS. and your little brother is a horsenapper so that evens things up whistling.gif

Edited by alison
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Yeah but you're a blackmailer not a grass  whistling.gif

link

Janine wouldn't dare release those photos, because I still have the picture of Blodwyn in a gimp mask. Not sure if I should post it up (unless I'm forced to), because some church goers may find it offensive. whistling.gif

Social source share

I like a bloke with passion but the use of that word goes against my church background :D Take it easy on the wording James but never back down and fight you're corner...Is that southern word CANT ok???

The only time Dave as seen a church is when he took the lead off the roof  whistling.gif   :D

link

Thanks for that, Monsignor!

Have you "fenced" the last lot yet? whistling.gif

Social source share

No way mate, I'm not aiming it at Shane or anyone, it's a total generalisation based on my experiences over the last 8 or 9 years.  I don't come on these forums and have pops at anyone and if it was construed as that, then before people like Dave steam in and have another pop at me, then I'll apologise.  I was only attempting to explain where the term originated and the reasoning behind it.

link

Why would I have a "pop at you" when I had previously agreed with what you said? whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Social source share

It's really very simple all this regarding 'Cover Up's' why bother, if a record is firstly good and of a quality play it for what it is, if it's rare then that's a bonus, don't try to be a clever CAN'T because often you will be found out, Cover Up's have been part of the scene since the year dot often the practice of well read, well informed DJ's and collectors who know their subject inside out, it's all about keeping a tune exclusive to them for as long as they can.

I've never really been into this practice because at sometime the true details are often found out pretty quickly so what's the point, it's all a bit silly really. If it floats your boat and keeps the music up to a quality and a standard then that of course is a good thing.

I welcome the new tunes with open arms and we should all embrace the true inovators of this scene, the guys who are more than one step ahead of the game, this scene and it's music is often looked at through rose tinted glasses, pulled apart and it's getting to the stage that we have constant agro like this and to be honest this thred has shocked me, James played me a unissued Detroit thing down the phone recently which blew my socks off, totally awesome and not known to me and i suspect not known to others, James has a passion for the music and we need people like him to help carry on this wonderful scene, i really can't comment on the Funk scene as i know nothing about it, only to say thet i know Keb Darge is a major player on the Funk scene and if he conducts his Funk buisiness as he did when he was a major 60's newies DJ Stafford period then i can understand that the collecting side and passion for Funk is no different to that of Northern Keb could not do it any other way it's in his blood to push the music into another level.

James is a good buddy of mine and i know it's not his intention to upset or offend as he does that enough with those shirts, he has commitment, dedication and passion for what he does and in time he will become a regular top name on the Northern scene as a DJ, he's about quality tunes enough said.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

James is a good buddy of mine and i know it's not his intention to upset or offend as he does that enough with those shirts, he has commitment, dedication and passion for what he does and in time he will become a regular top name on the Northern scene as a DJ, he's about quality tunes enough said.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Yeah but he's still a CAN'T :yes::lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

You invented that didn't you?  On KTF, a couple of years back.  :lol:

link

Yes.  :lol:

link

Oh you grass Smithy :yes: i was waiting for the right moment to drop him in it and you pipped me at the post there :lol::yes:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Yeah but he's still a CAN'T  :yes:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

link

a can't or a cant?

The only thing that has shocked me on this thread is the constant schlaging off of my shirts. What's wrong with you people, don't you have any taste?

Don't take the people who started this thread too seriosly, and certainly don't take the funk message board on face value (if you ever dare to venture on there), as it has a long tradition of canting each other off. So if you don't understand it, it could seem a little offensive especially if you are a church goers.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I can think of a few worse CANT'S than James out there who have nothing to do with Cover Up's, Funk, loud shirts, Baggies etc.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Those poor old West Brom fans. Suffering on the pitch, and now they are slated, along with loud shirts and cover-ups :lol:

Social source share

and certainly don't take the funk message board on face value (if you ever dare to venture on there), as it has a long tradition of canting each other off. So if you don't understand it, it could seem a little offensive especially if you are a church goers.

link

You should have warned us earlier :lol:

Steve has had an attack of the vapours again! :lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Obviously not  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   Out of interest, where DO you buy them ?

link

My nan changes her curtains reguarly. She's a very good seemstress. Although she had a fall yesterday and cracked a couple of her ribs (she's 80+), so I may not any new ones for a while, because she can't walk about about, let alone make me up new shirts. :yes:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I can think of a few worse CANT'S than James out there who have nothing to do with Cover Up's, Funk, loud shirts, Baggies etc.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

True enough, with James what you see is what you get and you really can't fault that :lol:

Inigo Troutkin wink.gif

Only thing is that what you see is Trouble :lol::lol::yes::yes::yes:

Social source share

Can anyone confirm the exact meaning of 'norman soul'?

I have seen it mentioned on here a few times. Obviously it is derogatory.

Shane

link

============

First person I heard using the term was a girl called Karen Saville in the early 70Ts. I kinda thought it was cute, and have used it since in reviews etc. Don't think it was ever meant to offend, just a little wordplay :lol:

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Is this what its like being in the RKSDVT thingy?

Look at all the people watching this thread.

its like a who's who, of people who have fekk all to do at work

Social source share

Guest Jamie

link

You speak for yourself, Gibbs :lol:

I'm on lunch :lol:

Jamie :lol:

Social source share

link

You're right! :lol:

That's touched my conscience Mike....I'm off. :lol:

Social source share

link

The Plinston thread is yesterdays news :lol::lol: and tomorrow James will be just another soul boy, not offending anyone, going to church, and wearing eye boggling shirts.

Edited by alison
Social source share

Guest dodger

link

Since I started joining in on this board through the day my bloody peripheral vision's about shot through constant use keeping one eye open for my boss walking in!! :lol:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

27 people reading this topic!!!! :lol: Hilarious James i think you ought to change your name again, i think MUD would be appropriate this time Jimmy Mud well your name will be mud on here after all this :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Ok James sorry about the shirt comment.... You CANT!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

That's better. And cant is an affectionate term where I'm from, so thank you very much. You cant!

Social source share

The Plinston thread is yesterdays news  :lol:   :lol:   and tomorrow James will be just another soul boy, not offending anyone, going to church, and wearing eye boggling shirts.

link

========

Quite right Ali, I mean in all honesty, can anyone take what JT says on a funk message board with a total of 17 members, who probably all wear silly shirts seriously?

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

========

Quite right Ali, I mean in all honesty, can anyone take what JT says on a funk message board with a total of 17 members, who probably all wear silly shirts seriously?

link

Excuse me i'm a member of that forum and i'm not allowed any silly shirts anymore although i can honestly say that i do still own one of dubious credibility :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

27 people reading this topic!!!! :lol: Hilarious James i think you ought to change your name again, i think MUD would be appropriate this time Jimmy Mud well your name will be mud on here after all this :lol::lol:

link

lol. 27 people on this topic. That's ten more people than are members on the funk message board.

Social source share

That's better. And cant is an affectionate term where I'm from, so thank you very much. You cant!

link

==========

Just want to point out that 'cant' should really only be used by Londoners, cos in the hands of outsiders (essex and the like) it really gets bast*rdised by the bumpkin twang they attach.

For proper usage go to www.urafackincant.com .......it has soundclips so the unitiated can improve their accents :lol:

Social source share

Excuse me i'm a member of that forum and i'm not allowed any silly shirts anymore although i can honestly say that i do still own one of dubious credibility  :lol:   :lol:

link

Not anymore. Thanks for reminding me :lol::yes: Just popped it in the post to James.

Social source share

Excuse me i'm a member of that forum and i'm not allowed any silly shirts anymore although i can honestly say that i do still own one of dubious credibility  :lol:   :lol:

link

=======

You've only said that to get respect from the funk 'massive' :yes: What about them funny plastic sandals the 'funksters' used to wear, bet they're still in evidence at your weekenders :lol:

Actually does anyone on here go to the funk weekenders....are there people there, bimbling about in hawaian shirts, peg leg trousers etc reliving their youth in the 'Devils Den' :yes:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Not anymore. Thanks for reminding me  :lol:   :lol: Just popped it in the post to James.

link

I'll look forward to that Alison. Although I'm guessing it will be a little bit wide for my frame. :lol:

Social source share

=======

Actually does anyone on here go to the funk weekenders....are there people there, bimbling about in hawaian shirts, peg leg trousers etc reliving their youth in the 'Devils Den' :lol:

link

No, but has anybody seen that advert of the telly for the CD set "Greatest 80's Soul Weekender". They do some really groovy dancing on that, I can tell you :lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

==========

Now that made me laugh :lol: JT, if you're really gonna cut it on the funk scene, get yourself some 'soul glo', dude :lol:

link

wat's soul glo?

oh, if you would like to understand the importance of the word c-u-n-t on the funk message board it might be worth clicking here: https://www.fryer-mantis.co.uk/modules.php?...iewtopic&t=2697

Social source share

Can anyone confirm the exact meaning of 'norman soul'?

I have seen it mentioned on here a few times. Obviously it is derogatory.

Shane

link

Sure it wasnt a spelling mistake and should be normal soul?! :lol:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

wots all this talk about church? i say:

whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed Genesis 9:6

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

soul glo makes your afro shine  :lol:

Shane

link

Does it work on mullets as well? Or is that "Norman Soul Glo"? :lol:

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Does it work on mullets as well? Or is that "Norman Soul Glo"? :lol:

link

I use pork pie jelly on my mullet. Gotta be a wigan pie though. :lol:

Shane

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

=========

The words Cu*t and funk scene do seem synonomous  :lol:   :lol:

link

been my thinking all along.

Ever since I went to a night in Brum in the early 80s and it kicked off, with a load of them coming upstairs into 'our' room and taking the michael.

Social source share

No, no fighting. But a lot of women do find the C word very offensive.

link

Do men find pr*ck offencive,proberly :lol: so will be cutting the c-word now :lol: .Ken

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

been my thinking all along.

Ever since I went to a night in Brum in the early 80s and it kicked off, with a load of them coming upstairs into 'our' room and taking the michael.

link

And now they are coming into 'your' clubs and taking the micheal! ha ha. What ever next? :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert