Out On The Floor

I have a copy of Out On The Floor, had it years and thought, I wonder if its a boot, sounds ok but The In Crowed sound better so I got another copy.

Hand scratched in the dead wax is CR2049 the other copy has a letter stamp CR.2049 and a H.

Are both copies kosher.

Only difference is the cut on one is a bit bigger than the other HS Matrix, they sound similar.

post-6504-1200530205_thumb.jpg

post-6504-1200530292_thumb.jpg

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I have a copy of Out On The Floor, had it years and thought, I wonder if its a boot, sounds ok but The In Crowed sound better so I got another copy.

Hand scratched in the dead wax is CR2049 the other copy has a letter stamp CR.2049 and a H.

Are both copies kosher.

Only difference is the cut on one is a bit bigger than the other HS Matrix, they sound similar.

post-6504-1200530205_thumb.jpg--post-6504-1200530292_thumb.jpg

Charger_CRG-115.gif--The Stamped Copy is an Original.

Charger_CRG-115_B.gif--The Scratched Counterfeit.

There is a Very Rare Small Font Title Original.

Plus, NO DEMO Has EVER Surfaced for this Release.

Believed Not To Exist, as a White DEMO.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Was released as a demo on 'Thunderbird' wasn't it ?

The B side of that one 'My Baby' got released as a demo on Charger too, but with that track on both sides. I guess the record company must have put their faith in that side first ? Seems strange but i guess it's more pop'y & so thought more likely to be a hit ?

Wonder why 'Out on the floor' then got a seperate release ? Demand ? Anyone know ??

Social source share

Was released as a demo on 'Thunderbird' wasn't it ?

The B side of that one 'My Baby' got released as a demo on Charger too, but with that track on both sides. I guess the record company must have put their faith in that side first ? Seems strange but i guess it's more pop'y & so thought more likely to be a hit ?

Wonder why 'Out on the floor' then got a seperate release ? Demand ? Anyone know ??

Other side is great!!

Social source share

Other side is great!!

Aimed fairly & squarely at the Pop market though wouldn't you say Ken ? Would love to hear what it sounds like without the 'Needles & Pins' guitar riff :thumbsup:

Social source share

Isn't the Thundebird copy from the 70s - about the time when it was reissued in the UK?

I'm probably wrong but i was always under the impression that it was the first issue ? Local release ?

Anyone ?

Social source share

Thunderbird_TH-549B_DJ.jpgThunderbird_TH-549B.jpg

Thunderbird_TH-549A.jpgThunderbird_TH-549A_DJ.jpg

This is the Thunderbird Release, I bought them both from Soul Bowl.

Nice one Roger :lol: can always count on you for a scan. Really appreciate seeing them :lol:

Do you know if the Thunderbird 45's were first ?

Social source share

Thanks 45 Seller thats the same as mine but better scans.

Toss, I have been looking for a white demo for years as well no wonder.

It sound's ok for a boot strange a little bit more impressive than the original but so dose New York In The Dark from the boot.

Nice one Roger :lol: can always count on you for a scan. Really appreciate seeing them :lol:

Do you know if the Thunderbird 45's were first ?

I thought that it might be Local Release.

However, I asked this very question about this release, back in Feb 07.

DEMO - Thunderbird etc

& Apparently it isn't, this LINK below also contains a scan of the the Smaller Font "Out On The Floor"

>>> Out On The Floor - <<<

Dobie Gray - Charger DEMO ?

I have searched for the White DEMO of "Out On The Floor", strange that it doesn't appear to Exist.

& after all that, ain't it Ironic that one of It's rarest formats is on the Soul Sounds (Boot) Label. :lol:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Cheers Roger must have missed that one, notice it was around this time last year too ! Spooky ! :lol:

Crazy isn't it ? Turns all that stuff about OVO & collecting on it's head too ! Even the Thunderbird one goes for more than the Charger ! But why would collectors prefer it if it's not the original ? :lol:

Social source share

Cheers Roger must have missed that one, notice it was around this time last year too ! Spooky ! :thumbsup:

Crazy isn't it ? Turns all that stuff about OVO & collecting on it's head too ! Even the Thunderbird one goes for more than the Charger ! But why would collectors prefer it if it's not the original ? :D

Maybe 'cause we're mad, snobs and freaks? Naaaaaaah, don't think so haha

If the b-side to the Charger release was pressed as a white demo, then I don't think the thunderbird release was done first, just thoughts...

Social source share

Maybe 'cause we're mad, snobs and freaks? Naaaaaaah, don't think so haha

If the b-side to the Charger release was pressed as a white demo, then I don't think the thunderbird release was done first, just thoughts...

The first party of the second party of the first party.

Hey wait a minute there is no Santa Clause

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert