Rimini Weekender 7

Cristian

1 week + 1 day to go. Will be going into de-mob mode shortly :lol:

Changed our flight back, now flying back from Rimini instead of Bologna !

So our flights are (don't have exact details to hand):

Thursday - early morning Stansted to Forli (Bologna)

Tuesday - early afternoon Rimini to Stansted

Still left with problem of getting from Bologna to Rimini. Thought might do train and see a bit of Italian culture!

If anyone else on either of these flights and fancies sharing a taxi give us a shout.

Forli's nowhere near Bologna mate, one of those airline mistruths, but its much nearer Rimini, think you need ot get bus from there rather than train.

Or go into Bologna for the day, fantastic city, and then you can get the express train to Rimini, although looking at your schedule not much time.

• Replies 68
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Forli's nowhere near Bologna mate, one of those airline mistruths, but its much nearer Rimini, think you need ot get bus from there rather than train.

Stubbsy's got the airport name right, even though it's not in Bologna [see here].

The airport website is HERE

m

ps. Thanks regarding the train info trev. There's 5 of us, so we can't share a taxi John

Stubbsy's got the airport name right, even though it's not in Bologna [see here].

Doh, I know that, I fly there about 5 times a year as I have a pal in Imola so know it quite well.

I was pointing out its not Bologna as he may try and book some transport in the UK from Bologna and its quite a bit away,

Take it you haven't had your coffee tonight young lady.

And I repeat to all the lucky people going if you have time get into Bologna, beautiful city, proper Italy, in fact Imola's quite nice if you want to get away from the Blackpool of Italy!

And no smart comments from Mr Burke this time, thank you very much!!

Take it you haven't had your coffee tonight young lady.

Gave up trying to cut down. Just a bit distracted working away on the laptop balanced on my knees, glancing at the tele and slipping away to the forums too :D

Was worried you'd confuse first timers and send them in the wrong direction. As you know, when leaving Forli aiport - Bologna is in the opposite direction to Rimini. I'd advise on seeing San Marino too - it's so beautiful that we nearly got married in the palace there (but had to cancel when the paperwork proved impossible).

Those of you flying straight into Rimini airport have it so easy, it's ....despicable :lol:

m

Hi Cristian I can believe you when you say the place will come to life in the Summer, having visited Rimini mid December one year.

I have no concerns or worries, in fact the further from the Pollini (Shoe Shop) the better :thumbup:

As for flights, I booked Ryanair Birmingham to Forli, Monday to Monday for around £30 each just a week ago, yes rises to about £55 after baggage charges, etc. but thats Ryanair for you. Do online check in and take a 10k holdall.

Seems like the Friday-Monday flights direct in to Rimini are to catch the weekend break/stag do market which they never used to bother with.

Birmingham flights are 12.00 Monday lunch and return about 3.00pm, great times if you can get them and to be honest you'd be charged extra for those flight times on a package.

Ryanair have very recently started flights direct from Stansted for the first time but again they seem to be a bit pricey.

As Kev says, the number 9 bus service along the prom runs all night so no problems getting back to Hotels and as also stated Ricione is well worth a look, or why not try Catolica?

Anyway must go, work to do and still suffering from another excellent Bamberg Experience.

Pete

m

ps. Thanks regarding the train info trev. There's 5 of us, so we can't share a taxi John

So presume the best way to get to Rimini from Forli airport, if intending travelling by train is:

- Taxi or bus from airport to Forli railway station

- Train from Forli to Rimini

Is that correct? If not I'm totally confused :thumbup:

Alternatively, is there still a bus service from Forli airport to Rimini ? - We used this before but I was told it didn't run anymore?

Hi Pete, does the no 9 bus go everywhere ? and at all hours ? or ........................ does it turn into the blue line at 3am. Just kidding.

There really is no problem getting home no matter where you stay, as a last resort you can walk or stagger. Strange don't you think that no matter where you are in the world, in any hotel,in any town or city and no matter how intoxicated you are

you eventually find your back to your hotel bed.

I suppose it's worth a mention that Riccione is a great town for spending lots of euro's in the fantastic shops... there is a Polini shop, not an outlet/sale shop on Viale Vespucci.

Guest andrew bin

I think you'll find that forli train station is a 5 minute taxi ride from the airport, me & kev did it in 2003.

i think it was 2.00 on the bus and about 5-6 by taxi

We have booked an 8 seater as there are 8 of us.. works out £12 each way per person.. but takes all the hassel out of it..

Forli to rimini..

Going on what Mr Bin said

"i think it was 2.00 on the bus and about 5-6 by taxi"

its not that bad, bit more expensive but straight out the airport A/C and droped off at the hotel bar!!!

might be worth a few of you getting to gether.. as just 2 of you is expensive.

https://www.shuttledirect.com/ryanair/en/ph...tle_direct2.php

Edited by mischief

Hi soulful people,

Just to let you know briefly the latest news :

'After party' :

we have agreed with the Gotha owners in merit a such of 'after niter' ,

I mean, Gotha can offer the possibility to have breakfast (cappuccino ect.. ) inside the main room after the last spot, 5/5:30 am ,

also we can continue to play records keeping a low sound volume as well.

Bar sessions:

the place is larger than old bar venue, so it offer the possibility to do some dancing..

Bus connection:

I've just called to Shuttle Bus company... unfortunately it seems no direct connections from Forli to Rimini this year ,so the best way (and cheapy) is take a taxi to Forli railway station and take the first train to Rimini, surely one or two rides per hour during daytime.

Here's the link to get timetables :

https://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html

For further logistic info go to the site www.gambettolasoulcity.net , if anyone has any trouble just pm.

See you soon!

C.

Guest peter burke

Hi Pete, does the no 9 bus go everywhere ? and at all hours ? or ........................ does it turn into the blue line at 3am. Just kidding.

There really is no problem getting home no matter where you stay, as a last resort you can walk or stagger. Strange don't you think that no matter where you are in the world, in any hotel,in any town or city and no matter how intoxicated you are

you eventually find your back to your hotel bed.

I suppose it's worth a mention that Riccione is a great town for spending lots of euro's in the fantastic shops... there is a Polini shop, not an outlet/sale shop on Viale Vespucci.

Hi Trev, actually got it wrong it's the number 11 but runs all hours.

Think it was the second year we caught it back to our hotel up the strip at Bellariva about 8am and Karen got talking, sign language I think, to an elderly Brazilian lady who was on her way to her cleaning job at our hotel.

They were well at it when we got off the bus at the tranny shoe shop despite neither speaking the other's language.

The following year I didn't get home from the Friday niter until 8pm Saturday as K wouldn't pour me in to the taxi with her so I spent the day chillin with Johnny T and Steve Adams. She's still not forgiven Adey Lupton for that one.

That was also the year I broke my finger on returning to Michael & Rachels apartment when the garage door took off with me attached to it.

Happy days.

See you next week.

Pete

Hi Trev, actually got it wrong it's the number 11 but runs all hours.

Think it was the second year we caught it back to our hotel up the strip at Bellariva about 8am and Karen got talking, sign language I think, to an elderly Brazilian lady who was on her way to her cleaning job at our hotel.

They were well at it when we got off the bus at the tranny shoe shop despite neither speaking the other's language.

The following year I didn't get home from the Friday niter until 8pm Saturday as K wouldn't pour me in to the taxi with her so I spent the day chillin with Johnny T and Steve Adams. She's still not forgiven Adey Lupton for that one.

That was also the year I broke my finger on returning to Michael & Rachels apartment when the garage door took off with me attached to it.

Happy days.

See you next week.

Pete

Mr Johnson went out today with his massive block of cheese :lol::)

See you @ the bar in E/Midlands on Monday

Blake

That was def 2002 and the first year (during my extended uk visit). I walked behind and they started off in sign language and the woman kept speaking Italian, although Karen didn't understand but gave her the English intepretation back (it was so bizarre that it was fascinating). By the time she said goodbye about 15mins later, Karen had picked up a few Italian words and started testing them out on the Italian grandmothers at our hotel (we were in Moby Dick that time). Two days later and she knew everyone by name, knew about their kids etc and even the owners have remained friends ever since.

...Happy days indeed!

Mr Johnson went out today with his massive block of cheese :g::(

See you @ the bar in E/Midlands on Monday

Blake

Not jealous really, coz it's due to rain on Monday. However, the rest of the week is predicted to be bathed in sunshine and we should see highs of 30-33C later in the week [ LOOK ].

Don't forget your sunglasses, beach towel, swimmers, sunscreen and your thongs

How I miss not having a 'proper' summer since leaving Australia

.............Roll on RRRRRrrrrrrrimini! :thumbsup:

m

Edited by Maria O

That was def 2002 and the first year (during my extended uk visit). I walked behind and they started off in sign language and the woman kept speaking Italian, although Karen didn't understand but gave her the English intepretation back (it was so bizarre that it was fascinating). By the time she said goodbye about 15mins later, Karen had picked up a few Italian words and started testing them out on the Italian grandmothers at our hotel (we were in Moby Dick that time). Two days later and she knew everyone by name, knew about their kids etc and even the owners have remained friends ever since.

...Happy days indeed!

Not jealous really, coz it's due to rain on Monday. However, the rest of the week is predicted to be bathed in sunshine and we should see highs of 30-33C later in the week [ LOOK ].

Don't forget your sunglasses, beach towel, swimmers, sunscreen and your thongs

How I miss not having a 'proper' summer since leaving Australia

.............Roll on RRRRRrrrrrrrimini! :lol:

m

I know how you worry about us poor hopeless Brits Maria so I've posted a webcam so you can keep an eye on us rolleyes.gif We will go to the camera every hour on the hour and wave to you :lol: ..............btw no sign of rain just blue sky and a pleasant cooling breeze.

https://www.adria.net/rimini/webcam_rnen.html

Have a safe trip

Blake

I've had loads of photos and feedback from those already there and they say the new venue is FANTASTIC!

Whilst the recommended hotel is booked out, there are still others around there which are available and the area near the venue should be no problem because the whole town is a mass of hotels and the Italian high season is next month - it's "buzzing" with life there now.

Also just checked the Birmingham to Forli return flight (out Friday and back Monday) and that still looks reasonable.

You may be lucky with a direct East Midlands flight then too. A few surprise last minute entries are turning up and requesting lifts to the airport :rolleyes:

Perfect for a long weekend away. If you've got enough leave saved - take the plunge, email the boss that you're going to give yourself a sunny musical treat this weekend. Go on.... ya know you deserve it wink.gif

m

Source Advert