Plinston Main Hall Policy

• Replies 109
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The music at your last event has to be compared with the last all dayer in the padded cells at Wakefield Prison.

One of the worst nights I have ever had.

Dont come back with excuses about all nighters at Stoke ect.

Do every body a favour. Work within your capabilities. Keep it simple. Go back to basics. Just play dance music. :angry:

link

Think the QOF has said enough for one day thumbsup.gif:lol::lol::lol: but I agree with col

"what are you talking about" not being contreversial (never could spell that word) but just want to know what you talking about - Do they have all dayers in Wakefiled nick?

QOF

ps col you never did put up your blasts from the pasts like you promised!

Social source share

On my last visit to Plinston Connie Laverne on GSF packed the floor for Butch in the main room, while Richard Caiton's "I'd Like To Get Near You" (recorded in about 1969) did likewise in The Ghetto for Mick Smith.

I personally think the placing of fences around what a deejay can and cannot play is entirely unhelpful. Great records from all eras can work in any set as long as they are used skilfully. And I include new releases in this comment. There are probably more records with the right feel for northern rooms being released now than at any time in the last twenty years.

Seventies recordings have been an accepted part of the Northern Soul thing for over thirty years. I genuinely think that the people who question the use of the 1970s records on the scene are in a tiny minority. Granted, the seventies sounds might not be everyone's personal preference, but to make the main hall 60s only can only be a step in the wrong direction.

Social source share

Hi Gareth and a good point, but if you read my first post here you'll see I pointed this very point out. Didn't say the Main Hall would be 60's only, did say it would be 100% Northern Soul and that means, in my book, Flame N King, Ann Sexton etc etc can be played in there. As you say, trying to box sounds into certain categories etc is a very dangerous road to go down. At the end of the day it will be the dancers and the DJ's who will decide what is and isn't acceptable to be played.

Now can I please get back to my sofa, footballers wives is on soon :-)

Social source share

Guest musicden786

Think the QOF has said enough for one day :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :lol:   :lol:   but I agree with col

"what are you talking about" not being contreversial (never could spell that word) but just want to know what you talking about - Do they have all dayers in Wakefiled nick?

QOF

ps col you never did put up your blasts from the pasts like you promised!

link

The padded cells at Wakefield Prison are were Roy Winstanly got all his inspiration from. Quite a few other high profile DJs I could mention, may have been with him,

at the time. You obviously dont know Manchester Folk Law!

This would have to have been in the seventies becuase they wernt around with me and lots of others in the 60s when this movement started.

Like I said, keep it simple, just play dance music at your next event.

I dont need to hide. You can reach me at djsoulspin1@hotmail.com :thumbsup:

Denis.

Social source share

I'm still a little confused Denis but if I am understanding you right I take it you mean we should have been spinning a lot more stomping oldies? If that's the case then we have always stated that we spin current biggies, sixties newies and forgotten oldies in the Main Hall (in the main and lets leave the question of 70's as above for now) What constitutes a dancer to one person is completely opposite to another, it's down to preference and choice really. Just sorry we couldn't hit the spot for you on the night mate.

Social source share

The padded cells at Wakefield Prison are were Roy Winstanly got all his inspiration from. Quite a few other high profile DJs I could mention, may have been with him,

at the time. You obviously dont know Manchester Folk Law!

This would have to have been in the seventies becuase they wernt around with me and lots of others in the 60s when this movement started.

Like I said, keep it simple, just play dance music at your next event.

I dont need to hide. You can reach me at djsoulspin1@hotmail.com :thumbsup:

Denis.

link

Sorry don't understand what you are saying. Call it "southern ignorance" if you wish.

I thought "Padded Cell" were a group on Toddlin Town?

Wakefield Prison? I know Wakefield Sun "Trypt on Love" from Wigan but not the prison?

Who exactly is Roy Winstanly? A relation of Russ? If so, best not mentioned.

Manchester "folk law"?

"Dance music" - define that one if you can?

Denis - this is not making much sense to me. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert