Cheer Up

KevH

Hi,as you shuffle off this mortal coil,what record would you like played at your funeral?

No "Burning sensation" and "My world is on fire" please :P .

Mine - "Oh lord,what are you doing to me"- Big Maybelle.

Have a nice day :D .

Social source share

• Replies 60
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Mart B

Hi,as you shuffle off this mortal coil,what record would you like played at your funeral?

No "Burning sensation" and "My world is on fire" please rolleyes.gif .

Have a nice day :lol: .

How about barbecue, kevh :lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I'm having "Nearer My God To Thee" by Sam Cooke and the Soul Stirrers (the 1955 Shrine Auditorium live version, all 9 minutes of it) and "When God Dips His Pen Of Love In My Heart" by Jim Reeves with The Maddox Bothers and Rose (another live version, form the Grand Ole Opry). They're already in the will.

Anyone who doesn't like 'em can go to someone else's funeral instead, if they wish...

Social source share

I know what i want playing at mine, but it's a cover-up sorry so can't say :lol: . I think whatever you chose, you'd still get a load of people moaning on the way out: 'fucking rock & roll', 'fucking northern', 'fucking popcorn', fucking 70s' etc etc... :lol:

I go to quite a lot of funerals( it s a work thing wink.gif ) and often wonder if the folks that have choosen the music have ever listened to the lyrics, I have heard some absolute belters!

Selfishly I kind of hope that I dont have to listen to a record during the funeral that I will for ever more associate with that sad event.

Rather than having a record, I d like to book a full gospel choir for mine please and lots of men looking heartbroken clutching roses and trying hard not to sob!

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

I know what i want playing at mine, but it's a cover-up sorry so can't say :g: . I think whatever you chose, you'd still get a load of people moaning on the way out: 'fucking rock & roll', 'fucking northern', 'fucking popcorn', fucking 70s' etc etc... :D

laugh.gif:lol: :lol:

I think want mine to take place in the middle of a weekender! :D Don't care whats played...i won't be there to turn my nose up at it! :lol:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

...'fucking old hat, there's so much underplayed stuff out there' :lol: ...

Every time I'm out with mates and they say this record is shit or this is crap ext ext I made a mental note and they are going on my departing soul cd's to be played at my wake all the lot of them wicked.gif i mean to have a empty dance floor why change the abit of a life time :lol:

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

No "Burning sensation" and "My world is on fire" please rolleyes.gif .

" Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye " - Gracie Fields .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Trevski

" Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye " - Gracie Fields .......

Malc Burton

laugh.gif I've always fancied the theme song from "I't ain't half hot Mum"! :lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The comedy genius that was Peter Sellers had "In The Mood" by Joe Loss played at his funeral. Apparently he hated the tune with a passion, and all his mates knew that he hated it, so he thought that he'd give them one last laugh by selecting it to be played as he faced his final curtain...

...funny to the last. How brilliant...

Social source share

laugh.gif I've always fancied the theme song from "I't ain't half hot Mum"! :lol:

Like it , like it ......

If you wanted to fire a parting shot in the crem , request that they send you off on the journey through the curtains , with Monty Python's

" Sit on My Face " .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

These are mine....I have two.....Come on Baby Light my Fire by the Doors and and The Sousa march "Liberty Bell" if you know what that is? Im totally serious, the wife knows about it. :lol:cool.gif

She thinks im mad, most people know I am laugh.gif:lol:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I'm having "Nearer My God To Thee" by Sam Cooke and the Soul Stirrers (the 1955 Shrine Auditorium live version, all 9 minutes of it) and "When God Dips His Pen Of Love In My Heart" by Jim Reeves with The Maddox Bothers and Rose (another live version, form the Grand Ole Opry). They're already in the will.

Anyone who doesn't like 'em can go to someone else's funeral instead, if they wish...

is it a gone ies night?

Social source share

The comedy genius that was Peter Sellers had "In The Mood" by Joe Loss played at his funeral. Apparently he hated the tune with a passion, and all his mates knew that he hated it, so he thought that he'd give them one last laugh by selecting it to be played as he faced his final curtain...

I always liked Spike Milligan's quote about hoping Harry Secombe died before him as he didn't want him singing at his funeral....

Social source share

I always liked Spike Milligan's quote about hoping Harry Secombe died before him as he didn't want him singing at his funeral....

:thumbsup:

What was it he had on his headstone - "told you I was ill" ..

Pyramid for me, same as last time. Thread that is, not the dying.. :lol:

Social source share

:lol:

What was it he had on his headstone - "told you I was ill" ..

Pyramid for me, same as last time. Thread that is, not the dying.. :lol:

lol - pure class.

which reminds me, a mate of mine wants the Ying Tong song at his funeral!..also wants to be buried with

his record collection too.. :lol:

me?..i'll give it some more thought. :thumbsup:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Surely only if you,re been buried ,Di??? or have you been that naughty --you know where you,re deffo gonna finish up--LOL---i know a few have mentioned--Living in a box,going underground but on a serious note i,ve already discussed this with Rani and my 3 ARE GONNA BE

1)Don,t feel sorry for me--Jimmy Ruffin

2)Baby Don,t you weep--Edward Hamilton

3)Oh Lord What are you doin--Big Maybelle

Keep on doing Whatever your doing

Tony C.

Its got to be "Goin Down" jackie shane
:D:D

Social source share

Tony.

I read he had i told you i'm sick written on his gravestone

pete

Social source share

Tony.

I read he had i told you i'm sick written on his gravestone

pete

oops sorry should read all the posts first,

i want at my funeral the following tracks Jimmy mc Farland - Lonely lover followed by Lee roye - Tears and finished with David bowie - laughing gnome

Social source share

No "Burning sensation" and "My world is on fire" please :lol: .

You morbid bugger Kev! :lol:

Bobby Williams - I've Only Got Myself to Blame. :lol:

Social source share

Guest covmart

People are having fun with this and I don't want put a damper on the thread but.......

4 plus years ago I was sitting at the computer typing out a list called 'Songs for my Funeral' a serious list of songs that I did want played in the event of my demise. My son Jamie, 18 at the time, saw the list and ask what it was. I told him that should I go that he should make sure to cut a CD with all the tunes. Unbeknownst to me, he created his own list of his songs. He tragically passed away Christmas 2003 and we found his list and indeed had his songs at his memorial service. I can't tell you how much that CD still means to us.

So, while it might seem morbid, putting together a list really is a good idea.

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

Yusef Lateef- Love Theme from Spartacus

Little Esther Phillips- Just say goodbye

Jackie Wilson- You Left the fire Burning

John Martyn- Solid Air

Terry Callier- What Colour is Love

Jimmy Holiday-Turning Point

The Jam- Town called Malice

Barbara Mcnair- It happens every time

Dells- Make sure/Its all up to you

and loads more I think Id have an allnighter of quality music mostly Soul a bit of jazz and a touch of early reggae/rocksteady and a bit of punk as well and a few 6ts rock pieces.

I hope I wont be planning this event for a while yet. :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Archie Bell & The Drells - Where Will You Go When The Party's Over

Brown Sugar - The Game Is Over

KTF

Baz

Social source share

No "Burning sensation" and "My world is on fire" please :unsure: .

I don't really mind, mainly because I won't be able to hear it anyway :huh:

Social source share