The Del-cords Is The First Label Rarer ?

The Del-cords , Your Mummy Lied To Your Daddy on Impala is the first label for this record i believe, i have a copy on Mr Genius which i believe was the second label, as far as im aware the Impala is the rarest format, but for every 1 copy on Mr genius i see, i also see 20 on Impala for sale. Can anyone confirm this either way.

Best

Tim

Edited by tim smithers
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Del-cords , Your Mummy Lied To Your Daddy on Impala is the first label for this record i believe, i have a copy on Mr Genius which i believe was the second label, as far as im aware the Impala is the rarest format, but for every 1 copy on Mr genius i see, i also see 20 on Impala for sale. Can anyone confirm this either way.

Best

Tim

Impala was the first label- couple of years ago there were loads around on Mr genius - swings and roundabouts

Ive bought 3 copies on Mr Genius in the last 2 years for about £20 each

Social source share

Impala was the first label- couple of years ago there were loads around on Mr genius - swings and roundabouts

Ive bought 3 copies on Mr Genius in the last 2 years for about £20 each

Probably a little under what both labels are worth, there's a lot of records out there i think in the £60 to £150 range that are basically £20 records, we are all to blame for buying the fu***ng things.

Best

Tim

Social source share

Best

Tim

impala is definitely rarer, I think people are just starting to put it up for sale more as it's somehow the 'rarest of the rare' now while the other one was never 'rare'. maybe the stock dried up of the other one and they're becoming more comparable in rarity, who knows.

Social source share

impala is definitely rarer, I think people are just starting to put it up for sale more as it's somehow the 'rarest of the rare' now while the other one was never 'rare'. maybe the stock dried up of the other one and they're becoming more comparable in rarity, who knows.

Might also have something to do with the fact ,IMPALA although 1st issue has been slated for being a poor quality recording and MR GENIUS being a better quality recording??

Never had a MR GENIUS but i can categorically say ,the copy i had on IMPALA sounded fine to me :P

IMPALA is prob a £75 record ,although ive seen it higher g.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert