Winsford Allnighter Closing

Just been told that Winsford civic centre is being demolished early in 2009 so there will be only one nighter there early next year probably in Feb. Will post more details later. The 2 remaining dates for this year are safe. So folks if you have always promised yourself that you will go, you have only got 3 more nighters to get down there.

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

• Replies 43
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just been told that Winsford civic centre is being demolished early in 2009 so there will be only one nighter there early next year probably in Feb. Will post more details later. The 2 remaining dates for this year are safe. So folks if you have always promised yourself that you will go, you have only got 3 more nighters to get down there.

Steve

what are you going to do move it to northwich or is winsfor getting a new civic.

mark

Social source share

what are you going to do move it to northwich or is winsfor getting a new civic.

mark

Northwich Civic is a great venue, but it's right in the middle of Northwich, which has more than it's fair share of local knobheads and no local nightclub that I know of.

With the local pisshead pubs emptying out only a stones throw away, and the no-smoking regs forcing people to smoke out front, it could prove to be a right nightmare.

Social source share

Mark. The new civic is being built very close to some houses so there will be no nighter licence available.

Steve

Why build a new civic nowt wrong with the old one :rolleyes:

Social source share

Northwich Civic is a great venue, but it's right in the middle of Northwich, which has more than it's fair share of local knobheads and no local nightclub that I know of.

With the local pisshead pubs emptying out only a stones throw away, and the no-smoking regs forcing people to smoke out front, it could prove to be a right nightmare.

Mace. I think Northwich civic is nicknamed the morgue, there used to be soul nights there in the 70,s. Doubt very much if a nighter ticket would be issued. But stranger things have happened.

Steve

Social source share

Mace. I think Northwich civic is nicknamed the morgue, there used to be soul nights there in the 70,s.

Steve

Yup, I lived in Northwich for 12 years Steve...think Tot Johnson had something to do with the soul nights there.

Obviously both Civics come under Vale Royal council, so nighter license might be granted, though there are lots of houses right next to Northwich Civic.

Mace

Social source share

Mace. I think Northwich civic is nicknamed the morgue, there used to be soul nights there in the 70,s. Doubt very much if a nighter ticket would be issued. But stranger things have happened.

Steve

Ah yes! Seem to remember Jimmy ruffin on there circa 1970. Few others as well. Must get to Winsford allnighter before it shuts. :rolleyes: .Real good 'Cheshire' allnighter. Hope we get another Steve (winsford soul) ?

Social source share

Steve

Heard a little rumour about this Steve, and i was hoping it weren't true, my fave allnighter aswell sad.gif it just won't be the same without Winsford. :rolleyes:

See you soon Steve :rolleyes:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Social source share

Heard a little rumour about this Steve, and i was hoping it weren't true, my fave allnighter aswell sad.gif it just won't be the same without Winsford. sad.gif

See you soon Steve shades.gif

JB xxxKTFxxx

been a great venue,dj ed there loads when barry and pete hollander ran it

used to luv HYDE TOWN HALL--------is that available

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Oh no! Heard nothing but good stuff about the Winsford nighter yet never managed to get up there. However i was looking at the events calender yesterday & the October nighter co-incides with my 25th birthday so i shall be celebrating there! biggrin.gif Oh and i shall expect a big cake! wicked.giflaugh.gif

Social source share

Oh no! Heard nothing but good stuff about the Winsford nighter yet never managed to get up there. However i was looking at the events calender yesterday & the October nighter co-incides with my 25th birthday so i shall be celebrating there! biggrin.gif Oh and i shall expect a big cake! wicked.giflaugh.gif

Nobody under the age of 40 gets cake - it's just too painful for the rest of us! :lol:

Social source share

been a great venue,dj ed there loads when barry and pete hollander ran it

used to luv HYDE TOWN HALL--------is that available

About as much chance of getting Hyde Town Hall for a Northern venue as GM Buses running day trips to the moon oh and even less chance the original promoters i.e. us running it...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Steve

Pity about that steve mucka,but im sure sumwer will take its place!

Had sum real gud nites here! :thumbsup:

Mike Cog

Social source share

Guest thenogger

THAT IS ABOUT RIGHT FOR WINSFORD COUNCIL. A VERY NICE BUILDING, ALL THAT MONEY SPENT ON IT IN THE PAST. THEY WILL SHUT IT, KNOCK IT DOWN, BUILD A NEW BUILDING AND THEY WILL SPEND TWICE OR THREE TIMES AS MUCH BUILDING A NEW ONE. TYPICAL, " BRAIN DEAD COUNCILS "

WHAT A WASTE OF BLOODY MONEY

thenogger

Social source share

Oh no! Heard nothing but good stuff about the Winsford nighter yet never managed to get up there. However i was looking at the events calender yesterday & the October nighter co-incides with my 25th birthday so i shall be celebrating there! :yes: Oh and i shall expect a big cake! :thumbsup::ohmy:

We could all chip in and buy you a new car instead, Kylie... :yes:

Social source share

Guest kerby

Steve

hiya steve :thumbsup: sad news mate . i allways enjoy winsford & will bypass local venues to be there . see you soon

mart ( kerby )

post-10967-1214411069_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Steve

Hi Steve, and all promoters of Winsford,(past & present)

Real shame that this excellent venue is being closed and demolished, have had many a good nite at this place over the years, and like other peeps will be sad to see it go.

It was one nighter you could be certain would always be a good nite with friendly faces and no c**p. Have missed a few lately for personal reasons but will be there for the next three :thumbsup:

Good luck if you decide to carry on elsewhere, am sure you will be well supported.

Kaz x

Social source share

SOUTH CHESHIRE SOUL CLUB - WINSFORD ALL-NIGHTERS Official Statement :thumbsup:

I have been asked to post the following on behalf of Dave, Sam & Gary

"As most of our regular attending members are aware, our civic hall Winsford building is scheduled for demolition in March 2009, as soon as the new building opposite is completed and opened. Due to the fact that the new building is at the edge of a housing estate, the Council have now informed us that in their view, an all-nighter license application would be futile.

There are also a number of other lesser problems with the new building, particularly the early morning opening time of the swimming pool.

Therefore after our next 2 advertised nighters on August 9th and October 4th, there will now be one more nighter on February 7th 2009, this regretably will have to be our last one.

We would very much like to thank all those who have supported us over the years in making Winsford such a great nighter.

The promotion team are of a mind to continue working together at a new venue, and several options are being considerd by us. However no decision on that has yet been taken.

Once again, a BIG thank you to you all"

Signed ....

Dave Price, (and on behalf of Sam Moore & Gary Beattie)

Edited by NiteOwl
Social source share

Steve/Dave, very sad new's indeed :wicked: , heard the rumour a couple of years ago that it was ear marked to be pulled down, so we've

had the time to enjoy the alnighter's there. Winsford is one of my favourite venue's and it will be a sad day when it end's,

I alway's had a great time there, everyone being friendly, great atmosphere and a big dance floor that was loved by all ('big, I must

have walked round it hundred's of time's', 'count the mile's'), and I will be there at the end for one more lap :yes: .

Well done all who was involved in this great venue thumbup.gif , and best of luck in finding another place. :thumbup:

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit
Social source share

Guest spreaderone

great venue,but sad to say to many bootlegs played over the last few years,kept me away

but thats my veiw,i go to allnighters to hear the real mc,coy.not carbon copies

spreader

Social source share

About as much chance of getting Hyde Town Hall for a Northern venue as GM Buses running day trips to the moon oh and even less chance the original promoters i.e. us running it...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mark, does it still come with guns and shootings as part of the package???

Steve

Social source share

Steve

Sad news, I have always loved Winsford

It was my last nighter in 94 just after my son was born and was also my first nighter when I started again

I have sent you a PM as me and my mate were looking at a venue recently that we may be able to get off the ground between us

ATB

Steve

Social source share

Steve

Sad news, I have always loved Winsford

It was my last nighter in 94 just after my son was born and was also my first nighter when I started again

I have sent you a PM as me and my mate were looking at a venue recently that we may be able to get off the ground between us

ATB

Steve

Cheers Steve. Have sent you PM.

Best regards

Steve

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

We could all chip in and buy you a new car instead, Kylie... smile.gif

that should read buy her dad a new car lol

Social source share

Guest calgary soulies

Always loved winsford , one night our friend mace was on and kings hall in stoke was, i still had a better night with70 other people than i would of in our own town ,thats why Jue and i had our leaving do there,all the best and many thankyous for the memories to all the promoters past and present .

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

Steve

sad news this steve you & the guys have done a great job , hope the remaining dates pack out & see it out in style

Social source share

Steve

Thanks for all the PMs. Will pass on the info to Dave Price and Sam Moore asap

Best regards

Steve

Social source share

Steve

Hi Steve, and all promoters of Winsford,(past & present)

Real shame that this excellent venue is being closed and demolished, have had many a good nite at this place over the years, and like other peeps will be sad to see it go.

It was one nighter you could be certain would always be a good nite with friendly faces and no c**p. Have missed a few lately for personal reasons but will be there for the next three :lol:

Good luck if you decide to carry on elsewhere, am sure you will be well supported.

Kaz x

And damn well see you do young lady!

Wel expect a doctors note! LOl whistling.gif

Hope to cya soon mucka :wicked:

Cog x

Social source share

great venue,but sad to say to many bootlegs played over the last few years,kept me away

but thats my veiw,i go to allnighters to hear the real mc,coy.not carbon copies

spreader

Never replied earlier because i was waiting for anyone to say anything but been as no one has commented i thought i would c.mon then spreader names please

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

Never replied earlier because i was waiting for anyone to say anything but been as no one has commented i thought i would c.mon then spreader names please

Steve

I was going to say something Steve :lol: But thought it not my place to say, but seen as you have now :no: yeah! Come on names then please???? :ohmy:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Edited by JELLYBEAN
Social source share

Guest Neil-ok

Sorry to here about the civic hall closing Steve,i know you and others have put some work into it over the years.

Social source share

Steve

Yeah steve, everyone put post's in to compliment Winsford and that they will miss the place, and he posted that comment, WHY.

Willie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert