• Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest tony hatfield

Hi Paul

Looking forward to this another top weekend out,will be arriving with Trevski & Rich.

See you Saturday

Tracy & Tony thumbsup.gif

Hi Paul

Looking forward to this another top weekend out,will be arriving with Trevski & Rich.

See you Saturday

Tracy & Tony :unsure:

Hey Tracey & Tony

The more the merrier!

Always good to see you both!

It looks like people are travelling from all over for this one....I cant wait :D

Guest rosemary

Morley Carr Working Mens Club

Low Moor

Bradford

West Yorkshire

BD12 0RQ

Very easy to find, close to M62, Junction 26

Saturday August 9th

7.30 - 1am

good size dance floor

record sales

friendly crowd

great atmosphere

cheap bar (so you don't need to bring your own!)

Where quality cheapies & rarities sit comfortably side by side on the decks, hear some long forgotten underplayed dancers, all original vinyl, definately not the top 200 oldies

We've had some fantastic comments / feedback about our previous nights, come & see for yourselves.....

DJs this month...

Paul Donnelly

Rosemary & Kyle

Mick Howard

Paul Harris

Pat Bleasdale

Not long now (4 more sleeps laugh.gif ) to Mr Harris' rare and underplayed soul night...... this is a great venue and very easy to find from M62, large square dancefloor with seating to 2 sides and a cheap bar with friendly bar staff........

Can we have DJ times please Mr Harris?????

See you all Saturday

Rosemary (doorlady and DJ :ohmy: )

Flier's handed out at Bishops Wood mate, I think Richard might need a stiff double whisky when he arrive's :):) .

Willie

Much appreciated Willie, you're a star! thumbsup.gif

Is Richard nervous? :ohmy: .....lol

He's got nowt to worry about.......its all about having a good night out and playing / hearing / dancing to some fantastic original tunes that dont get hammered to death week in week out!

Its gonna be one big soul party yes.gif

Guest Trevski

Flier's handed out at Bishops Wood mate, I think Richard might need a stiff double whisky when he arrive's :D:lol: .

Willie

Are you comin' Willie? We might be able to have a stick/sword-fight, I've f**ked me back, cant get up or down without me cane! :lol: (I'll be there, if I have to come by ambulance!)

Guest Doris

I think Richard might need a stiff double whisky when he arrive's :wave:laugh.gif .

Willie

Too much talk of stiff ones for me :D LMAO - sure it will be a good un , gotta watch these carlisle folk mind............

Doris

Really sorry I can't make it this time . It was touch and go for while but work has won out in the end :lol: .

Never mind the Attic boys are coming up so just be aware , give BigPaul plenty of room on the dance floor , give SteveL plenty of room at the bar and just give KevH plenty of room if he has over 2 pints wink.gif .If Dean is there , he is the sensible one ......not.

TonyMAK

Edited by MAK

Really sorry I can't make it this time . It was touch and go for while but work has won out in the end sad.gif .

Never mind the Attic boys are coming up so just be aware , give BigPaul plenty of room on the dance floor , give SteveL plenty of room at the bar and just give KevH plenty of room if he has over 2 pints wink.gif .If Dean is there , he is the sensible one ......not.

TonyMAK

looks like it's going to be a busy night on saturday,loads of travellers coming over,records sorted,can't wait :huh:

Really sorry I can't make it this time . It was touch and go for while but work has won out in the end sad.gif .

Never mind the Attic boys are coming up so just be aware , give BigPaul plenty of room on the dance floor , give SteveL plenty of room at the bar and just give KevH plenty of room if he has over 2 pints :huh: .If Dean is there , he is the sensible one ......not.

TonyMAK

Shame you cant make it this time Mak as I know you really enjoyed the last one, the next one in October should also be a top night, hope to see you then.

I'll make sure the Attic lads have a top night

cheers

Paul

Looks like I'll finally be making my first visit after this one evading me so far!!!

Travelling down with Willie AKA Douglas Bader :sweatingbullets: and Richard.

Looking forward to seeing Pat again and very much looking forward to her spot (Richard's too of course).

NO PRESSURE RICHARD, LOL!!! rolleyes.gif

Carol :thumbup:

Guest Trevski

Roll on! only two days to what promises to be a cracker!

But.......

Quandry-what to wear! Just recieved 3.5mtrs of lovely charcoal grey kid mohair, but I doubt my tailor can knock up a threee button suit, black velvet collar, covered buttons and a double-breasted waistcoat with shawl lapels by Saturday! Oh hum..... "I would go out tonite... but I hav'nt got a stitch to wear.." :sweatingbullets:

Edited by Trevski

Looks like I'll finally be making my first visit after this one evading me so far!!!

Travelling down with Willie AKA Douglas Bader :thumbsup: and Richard.

Looking forward to seeing Pat again and very much looking forward to her spot (Richard's too of course).

NO PRESSURE RICHARD, LOL!!! :D

Carol :thumbup:

Who me 7_2_124.gifda da da dadadadada :lol:

Edited by Soulgrit

Can anyone tell me where i can get Gladys Knights version of YOU LOST THAT LOVIN FEELIN" ooooh oozes dat soul thang dawht it xxxx

Agreed, great tune :rolleyes:

Try posting your request in the 'wants' section, someone on here might have a copy for sale

cheers

paul

Guest rosemary

WELL THATS THE NAME THATS GETTING TALKED ABOUT , AND I THOUGHT I SAW SOME ONE PRACTICING ON U TUBE!!!!! :yes:shhh.gif

hi Kev and Wendy, will miss you both tonight......... have a great time at McDonalds.....LOL.

Going with Mr Harris this afternoon to help set up and get organised, looking forward to DJing with Kyle and sitting on the door biggrin.gif . Can we have the DJ times Paul??????

Edited by rosemary

hi Kev and Wendy, will miss you both tonight at MacDonalds

Going with Mr Harris this afternoon to help set up and get organised, looking forward to DJing with Kyle and sitting on the door :yes: . Can we have the DJ times Paul??????

will miss you and kyle aswell but we'll be dining out ...big mack or kfc ???? followed by maddog pudding ph34r.gif

Edited by soulbarner

Junction 26 (M62)

Take the Bradford Rd / Cleckheaton Rd A638 toward Bradford

Go past golf club on your left, continue for about half a mile

Immediately after the Railway Bridge turn left into New Works rd

Follow the road round till you find the Morley Carr WMC on your Right

or for the people travelling from Bradford & surrounding areas:

A641 Bradford to Huddersfield Road, Low Moor. At the Harold Club turn into New Works Road (there is a huge Cartwheel laid on its side at the top of this road)

Drive down till you come to Morley Carr WMC on your left

Edited by soul45s

as i couldnt go to lowton...am gonna miss barnsley and lifeline .it gonna be THE BATCAVE later this month>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT FIRST A FIRST EVER NIGHT IN BRADFORD FOR ME TONIGHT :thumbup: coming on my todd so i expect some northern hospitallity not the ussual dismissive glances from you lot up there..........cant wait to hear pat play her stuff, cu later ezzie

as i couldnt go to lowton...am gonna miss barnsley and lifeline .it gonna be THE BATCAVE later this month>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT FIRST A FIRST EVER NIGHT IN BRADFORD FOR ME TONIGHT :lol: coming on my todd so i expect some northern hospitallity not the ussual dismissive glances from you lot up there..........cant wait to hear pat play her stuff, cu later ezzie

Hey Ezzie

Will be great to see you m8 :thumbup:

JUST WATCHING THE GYMNASTICS AT THE OLYMPICS :thumbup: THINK I MIGHT ENTER MORLEY CARR WMC WITH A FULL DOUBLE BACK SOMERSALT FOLLOWED BY JACKKNIFE SIDE TWISTING FRONT ROLL :lol: AND THEN STRIGHT INTO THE SPLITS :( NAH CAN,T BE ARSED I,L WALK IN INSTEAD :lol: SO RICH IS ONLY DOING HALF HOUR EH :g: BETTER BE THERE NICE AND EARLY. YOU READY TO ROCK AND ROLL PAT wink.gif GREAT TIME TO BE ON. LATER HOMBRES :lol:

Guest Trevski

thanks paul,gonna start the pre drive ritual any minute now.. i bet i dont take as long as Trev tho :thumbup:

I'm down to three hours now Ezz. :lol:

Guest rosemary

JUST WATCHING THE GYMNASTICS AT THE OLYMPICS :thumbup: THINK I MIGHT ENTER MORLEY CARR WMC WITH A FULL DOUBLE BACK SOMERSALT FOLLOWED BY JACKKNIFE SIDE TWISTING FRONT ROLL :lol: AND THEN STRIGHT INTO THE SPLITS :g: NAH CAN,T BE ARSED I,L WALK IN INSTEAD :lol: SO RICH IS ONLY DOING HALF HOUR EH g.gif BETTER BE THERE NICE AND EARLY. YOU READY TO ROCK AND ROLL PAT :D GREAT TIME TO BE ON. LATER HOMBRES :lol:

It'll be great to see you and Jean again...... and Geoff just walk into the club :(

see you both very soooooon

xx

Source Advert