Bloody Hell

is this a description or is this a description?

Takem from the lastest Jackey Beaverrs on Ebay...

JACKEY BEAVERS - "I Need My Baby / Love That Never Grows Old"

Original 45 rpm on Revilot from 1966

Visually Graded Condition of disc : READ EVERYTHING BELOW CAREFULLY

Ok,folks, I'll try and not write a book here, but I'll come close...only because I CARE about what I sell, and I want to make sure everyone

gets exactly what they expect. One quick (or lengthy) glance at my feedback quotes, and you'll see the kind of service I give...the same

that I expect in return.

I once had a bunch of copies of this title...but sold them all (cheap) over 25 years ago in Goldmine Magazine. But recently, an old friend, and a confidant

of mine in Radio (we worked with each other for well over 20 years) informed me he felt (since we both have one foot in the grave)

that he was ready to start parting with some of his record collection. He never collected for rarities...just for good songs. We both

agreed just a few days ago, that the only reason he probably had this record, is because Jackey is from our Home Town here in

Grand Rapids Michigan. We also both agreed, that he probably never even played this record...ok maybe once. (Sad to say, Jackey's records

were not all that huge sellers here in those days. I've mentioned here on Ebay before in some of my other Jackey listings, that I once had

the pleasure of jamming on stage with Jackey back in the late 60's/early 70's at some dive club that we both just happened be drinking

at....the band on stage...I think it was The American Breed who recognized us (I was the keyboardist/singer of the SoulBenders)

invited us up on stage, and we played a few tunes together...couldn't remember what they were for the life of me. 10 to 1 one of |

the tunes was probably Mustang Sally. z-z-z-z) ´¿´

In any case, I agreed with my friend to help him sell this rare disc, but when I got to his house to check the condition of this disc,

I was, at first...somewhat heartbroken. The A-side had, what looked like, two nasty looking scratches...and my immediate thought was to toss it.

Before doing so...I decided to take the chance on my expensive cartridge, and at least see if it would skip...let alone play. (which is against

my normal policy...99.9% of all the records I list here on Ebay, are unplayed.) So I dropped the needle down of my Shure V-15 MXR

cartridge (the best cartridge ever made) to give it ONE play. (The Shure uses a weight of only 3/4 of a gram.)

My jaw dropped when I heard it. Not only did it not skip...the scratches are nearly inaudible. I counted maybe 4 or 5 subtle 'ticks' in the entire record.

I was smart enough to burn that 'one-play' to cd, archive it, and have decided now to let you hear it for yourself in it's entirety!

Clips are provided below this long-winded speech.

HERE'S THE DEAL: Visibly...aside from the two scary scratches, it's in really decent shape. The flip side

has no issues. Audibly...aside from a few 'ticks' , to me, it almost plays like a M-.

Again, check my feedback....I run a tight honest ship (with only 1 neg feedback in 10 years fromone unpleasant

person who felt that it was 'my' fault that the pressing on the record he got was lousy). I do not BS!

Aside from the two aforementioned scratches, other visible deficiencies are limited to some scuffs, most likely from the heavy-duty sleeve my friend

stored it in for nearly 40 years. If your plan is to frame this record and put it on display under a strong light...it's not for you.

If your plan is to play it, and be happy with a record with very little noise, then this one has your name on it.

JUDGE FOR YOURSELF. YOU CAN HEAR THE ENTIRE A-SIDE OF THIS RECORD BELOW.

There is an obvious 'tick' just before it starts, a few small ones during the first 10 seconds or so and one noticeable at the end of the fade-out,

and otherwise...just a few small ones total during the rest. I did imagine while listening, how much better the overall sound would be

if Revilot had used vinyl instead of styrene...but they never did. And I would have mixed the bass a tad lower...it seems to distort just a hair,

probably their attempt to imitate the Motown gems of the same era being recorded just down the street. (Heavy bass can often be a

side effect of styrene anyway.)

ASIDE FROM ALL THE 'HOT-AIR' I'VE TYPED ABOVE, THIS IS GOOD RECORD IN NICE CONDITION.

I've sold many other records here over the past decade that I've been less confident about, and the buyers were generally elated with them.

I TRULY BELIEVE YOU WILL BE PLEASED.

ALSO BEFORE YOU BID: Please make sure you read the disclaimer above in the 'Shipping' box section regarding, how this record will be FULLY insured

no matter where it is shipped for the max amount possible. You must understand that depending on where you live, we may not be able to insure this

for the amount you end up paying for it. No exceptions on the shipping rules.

LISTEN!

NOTE: THE CLIPS BELOW ARE FROM MY SHURE V-15 CARTRIDGE THAT IS TIED FOR MONO OUTPUT.

These may have a different quality if played using a stereo cartridge. I have a special mono cartridge for playing 45's.

TWO AUDIO CLIPS ARE PROVIDED DEPENDING ON YOUR INTERNET SPEED CAPABILITIES:

You can hear the entire A-side of this record (mono) in 112k HERE. (The file size is 2.21mb)

You can hear the entire A-side of this record (mono) in 64k HERE. (The file size is 1.26mb)

Do I really need to mention that the record you win, will sound infinitely better than these low-fi files?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL! I hope you win!!

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!