Solid Hit Soul

I have just got back from the last hour at Solid sadly missed most of the night but not that sad to have listened to an awesome set of rare dark matter by Des Parker, my first visit in ohh must be 2 years if not longer and to make sure I don't miss it for that long again.

Cheers lads.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
  • Replies 6
  • Views 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have just got back from the last hour at Solid sadly missed most of the night but not that sad to have listened to an awesome set of rare dark matter by Des Parker, my first visit in ohh must be 2 years if not longer and to make sure I don't miss it for that long again.

Cheers lads.

Must agree with Smithy. Only caught Shorter's and Des's sets but thought they were excellent. First time I've heard Jon play - have to make sure it's not the last time. Superb mix of rare, and semi-knowns and plenty of rockin' RnB. Great company too. Cheers Warren

Yes, it was a jolly good evening. To a certain extent my personal preference veers slightly more towards the 70s these days, but the music last night was very good. Dave played some tunes that I really enjoyed, particularly one early in his set that had a nice early 60s feel, slightly similar, dare I say, to Dean Barlow's track. Jon did an excellent set, he's not just an R&B DJ, some great tunes, love that Bobbi Smith beat ballad.

Nice to see friends there and meet Supercorsa for the first time, discussed the joys of SW trains, lol. Could do with a few more ladies at SHS though.

I left at 11.30 to get a train home at a reasonable time having had an enjoyable evening.

What a brilliant night and big thanks to Dave for inviting me along to spin a few tunes..

Nice crowd in, plenty of regulars and soul sourcers.. great to finally meet in town mikey..

On the music front Mark who was on first played a superb set, like that Ray Scott tune Mark :thumbup:

Dave G, some real nice tunes, lots of rare stuff..few more added now to my wants list, one track in particular which I think we discussed??! :sleep3:

Des Parkers set was tip top, love the Johnny Summers alt version of 'i'm still yours and the fantastic Judy Street c/up..had to leave 11.30 for the late train via the cornish pastie shop :ohmy:

Geoff, nearly right.. it was Bobby Moore wink.gif

Thanks for a great night and looking forward to the next one

Jon

Big thanks to our guests Mark & Jon for providing excellent sets on friday & of course Des for top quality rare Northern absolutely outstanding as usual. Loved the unreleased Motown track :lol:

Apologies to all for the absence of Stuart, it was a last minute thing with flights etc & simply couldn't be avoided. Look forward to seeing you soon mate.

Attendance a bit down & with hindsight maybe should of missed clashing with Bank Holiday as a lot of regulars missing. To be honest when i booked the date I didn't realise. Anyway a good night & everybody there seemed to enjoy it.

I just want to know who gave me 2 (very enjoyable) CDs ? :P

Big thanks to our guests Mark & Jon for providing excellent sets on friday & of course Des for top quality rare Northern absolutely outstanding as usual. Loved the unreleased Motown track thumbsup.gif

Apologies to all for the absence of Stuart, it was a last minute thing with flights etc & simply couldn't be avoided. Look forward to seeing you soon mate.

Attendance a bit down & with hindsight maybe should of missed clashing with Bank Holiday as a lot of regulars missing. To be honest when i booked the date I didn't realise. Anyway a good night & everybody there seemed to enjoy it.

I just want to know who gave me 2 (very enjoyable) CDs ? :(

Source Advert