Jim Elliott

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guys

Anyone know the name of the album which 'Gotta lot of love in my soul' is on? Fantasy is the label.

Coz basically I've bought the wrong one :thumbsup: .

Regards

Jim :wicked:

Hi Jim, just dug out my uk demo copy of this with M.D.R. Of Love on "b" side. (ftc 147) 1977

hoping it may have album details on label, sorry to say nothing mentioned about album it may have come from.................Rick

Edited by Rick Scott (DJ)
Social source share

Hoodoo Rhythm Devils

All Kidding Aside

Initial release : 1978

Fantasy 9543

The fifth Hoodoo Rhythm Devils LP.

Tracks

Tracks

• Workin' In A Coal Mine
  • Poison
  • All Nigh
  • Teen Tang
  • Correction In Your Direction
  • Sweet City Street
  • Gotta Lot of Love In My Soul
  • Far From Over
  • I Had A Fight With Love (And I Lost)
  • Cross Roads

Hope this helps

Sean M

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Hoodoo Rhythm Devils

All Kidding Aside

Initial release : 1978

[*]Sweet City Street

[*]I Had A Fight With Love (And I Lost)

Sean M

"Gotta Lot Of Love Left In My Soul" was a 1977 release. I remember it well and still have it. The above mentioned are nice tracks too, (but in a different vein to "Gotta Lot Of Love...")

"Working In A Coal Mine" (The old Lee Dorsey song), coupled with "Sweet City Street" was the UK follow up to "Gotta.." released in the UK early in 1978, as was the album.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest mel brat

But all kidding aside, if you didn't know the track "Gotta lot of love..."

You won't even look twice at the LP when you see the cover with the 'good ole boys' on it!

It looks more like a C&W LP than anything else, it's only when you see the credits that you realise there's more to it than meets the eye.

You're quite right! It is mostly Country-Rock/Bluesy stuff! The single is probably the best bet, but I do like "Sweet City Streets" too. It kinda gets under your skin and you find yourself humming it!

1977 was a very good year. ("Gotta Lot Of Love Left.." came out around the same time as Beloyd!)

Social source share

Its amazing how records like this get a second chance. When soul bowl were shifting the soul packs out in the late 70s, there were dozens of nice soul records given away at 10 pence a record.

Only to be worth lots more in recent years.

In the same packs were sometimes 2 copies of the Composers double sider, which I think also went on to be worth a few bob.

Great times........................

Ed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert