Manny Corchado - Pow Pow (decca)

Guest woolie mark

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have the Fly at a sensible price you will be lucky to get a copy under £Â§Â§Â§.§§ unless you find a mug.

Great fookin record though and i'm not really a fan of the latin type stuff

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

sure ? I have an old acetate naming "The Mosquitos The Fly" :thumbsup: ....

Marc

NB

For sale by the way....vg (+) make me an offer....

the mosquitos is indeed a pressing (boot) according to the obviously reliable info i got from one of our friends in the states (sorry, can't remember who it was now....apologies for my memory loss)

he told me that it was pressed up by a dj local to him who used to "cover up" all his plays...can't even remember the name of the dj now, it was a few years ago i was informed about this

however, the mosquitos pressing is an interesting item with "provenence" and also isn't there something interesting about it like it also has the LP version on it (which is longer) or something? consequently, it should fetch a good price (i would put about £35 on it, hope i haven't caused any offence sticking my neck out on that one!)

anyway, i'm after a decca original in good condition at a reasonable price...or i might be interested in an original LP...but i'd rather hang on for a reasonable price on this one

thanks guys :thumbsup:

Social source share

The Mosquitos is a Pittsburgh boot.

There was a Belgian dealer at Allentown knocking them out at $20 each (a tenner at the time) and he had a raft of the buggers - at least 50 at a guess.

Seen a rake of them on ebay at least 10 copies a while back bet you could get one for £5.00

Social source share

Guest smigger

The Mosquitos is a Pittsburgh boot.

There was a Belgian dealer at Allentown knocking them out at $20 each (a tenner at the time) and he had a raft of the buggers - at least 50 at a guess.

Was that about a year ago?

A dealer had them under the counter at a record fare about a year ago and told me that a box of about a hundred of the above mentioned Pittsburgh boots had turned up. Didn't look kosher to me.

Soon after the fare another dealer told me that he was out buying in the States when a Belgium bloke turned up with crate loads. So the world seems flooded with booted boots.

My question is, why would someone boot a boot? What am I missing?

Social source share

the mosquitos is indeed a pressing (boot) according to the obviously reliable info i got from one of our friends in the states

So I wonder where and how this metal acetate originates from, if the Mosquitos are a "recent" bootleg ? Its definitely not a carvers thing and has metal underneath the vinyl :lol: ? Looks indeed old and rough if you know what I mean..

Social source share

They were the 'original' boots, exactly the same as the worn copies i had seen... he'd probably located the rest of the pressing run... remember, it is only economical to press records in runs of 300-500 minumum.

I would imagine that Marcs metal acetate is what they used when mastering the boots.

It's not unusual to still pick up metal acetates - I have a motown one with Gladys Knight Its Too Late on one side and a temptations LP only track on the other (it came as part of a large batch of Motown related acetates I bought from a texas auction house.)

Social source share

So I wonder where and how this metal acetate originates from, if the Mosquitos are a "recent" bootleg ? Its definitely not a carvers thing and has metal underneath the vinyl :rolleyes: ? Looks indeed old and rough if you know what I mean..

I know of metal acetates made in the late 80s early 90s via Danny Hough in Swindon, so if he could get 'em made, I'm sure plenty of other folk could have done the same....could still look old and rough if from that time.

It could have cut from the boot, hence why it's titled Mosquitoes and not Manny Corchado...making it a pretty worthless acetate of a boot in my opinion :D

Social source share

you can still make metal acetates today for sure :rolleyes: smells like an old ones, i was wondered too, i thoutght it's an old tecnology

Edited by djchak
Social source share

Source Advert