Beres Hammond 'reggae Soul' Info Plse Guys

Jim Elliott

Folks,

A mate recently picked up this fine longplayer for me in Kingston for a song, (along with the Smoke album?!)

I was under the impression it was a tad difficult to come by. Water Lily recs, Lp number is Arco 003.

My knowledge of west indian music is even worse than my knowledge of black american music, sorry :D .

Have I got, or was it reissued?

Ta

Jim :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Folks,

A mate recently picked up this fine longplayer for me in Kingston for a song, (along with the Smoke album?!)

I was under the impression it was a tad difficult to come by. Water Lily recs, Lp number is Arco 003.

My knowledge of west indian music is even worse than my knowledge of black american music, sorry :D .

Ta

it did get a reissue but cant remember details i know it came out on cd also, there may be an old thread somewhere on here about it try searching for it.

mark

Social source share

Folks,

Ta

definitely re-issued and way to tell ,if im not mistaken ,is the label on the re-issue is coloured like the jamaican red,yellow green and looks new ,oh and the sleeve looks like it was printed on a computer .you'll know what i mean if yours is re-issue

A bit like watching one of those dvd copies that's been made by someone using a camcorder in a cinema,all blurry.

Social source share

definitely re-issued and way to tell ,if im not mistaken ,is the label on the re-issue is coloured like the jamaican red,yellow green and looks new ,oh and the sleeve looks like it was printed on a computer .you'll know what i mean if yours is re-issue

A bit like watching one of those dvd copies that's been made by someone using a camcorder in a cinema,all blurry.

Ahhhh, well there is some confusion here as the re issue is / looks the same as one of the Originals, the more common original is as described earlier..seriously I sold my original to John 'Trouty' Nightingale!! some years ago.. anybody heard from him lately?

Mal.C.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert