• Replies 10
  • Views 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

thanks

i suppose they were on epic after leaving motown

they were on t-neck (their own division of buddah) after leaving motown. this came out on t-neck. I have no idea about the UK label that this got licensed to, but they were never signed to epic until like the 80s between the sheets era.

Social source share

they were on t-neck (their own division of buddah) after leaving motown. this came out on t-neck. I have no idea about the UK label that this got licensed to, but they were never signed to epic until like the 80s between the sheets era.

They were on Epic in the UK during the 70s.

Their US LP-only "If You Were There" (which Ace Spectrum also recorded) actually got a 7" release on UK Epic. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

thanks

i suppose they were on epic after leaving motown

after leaving motown in 1968 they were on t-neck in the states until 1985 the t neck stuff being issued in the uk on major minor and then the stateside label. their uk output issued in the uk on epic started with the 3 + 3 lp in 1973.from 1985 they were on warner brothers. i dont think they were ever officially signed to epic in the states.isley jasper isley were signed to cbs asc in the mid 80s tho

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

after leaving motown in 1968 they were on t-neck in the states for a few years. the t neck stuff being issued in the uk on major minor and then the stateside label. their uk output issued in the uk on epic started with the 3 + 3 lp in 1973.from 1985 they were on warner brothers.not sure when they finished with t-neck in the states. i`d have to get the book out to find out for definate?

dave

doe's this help lads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Isley_Brothers

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert