ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

Record dealers welcome..(plenty of space to set up)

more info alfie00soul@yahoo.co.uk or call 07811360784

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Tim Smithers

Wigan Brian

SO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH....

More info to follow....

Bump..... :huh:

Edited by alfie00soul
  • Replies 229
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Mortimore

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

ALL-DAYER

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Wigan Brian

. Wow Alfie! You're a bit early notifying us with this one.

. I have to say that Chilli & Yourself have put together a very good cross-section of D.J.s from the south, who will no doubt vary the composition of the soul music to satisfy an extensive range of tastes.

. It's timed perfectly in May, following the two previous saturdays at Bournemouth Railway Club and The Opera House. Which should enable you to successfully market the event.

. All the people we've spoken to have said that they will be attending. Which does have it's down side, as Totton is well within prowling range for a certain someone from Ashurst Forest.

. From what you've told me, The Empire Hall is a larger venue and therefore if you can replicate the same friendly atmosphere from your usual following at The Crown, we'll all be onto a winner.

. Thanks, for adding so much to the melting pot of a vibrant south coast soul scene.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dave & Jan Mortimore

Edited by Dave Mortimore

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

is proud to present an

ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Wigan Brian

More info to follow....

....BUMP... thumbsup.gif

Guest FREEBIRD

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

is proud to present an

ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Wigan Brian

More info to follow....

GOOD LUCK MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

is proud to present an

ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

DJ line up.....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Wigan Brian

More info to follow....

BUMP....... :lol:

Edited by alfie00soul
Guest Dave Mortimore

BUMP....... :ohmy:

. Good to see you on Saturday at Bournemouth University. I've been too busy, doing a spot of plumbing and plastering, to play any music. But now I'm painting and have found the time to play your complimentary C.D. from the Anniversary Soul Night at The Crown. I'm really enjoying it, particularly The Hytones - Good news and Larry Harlow - Mess around.

. Thanks again for saving me a copy. We're looking forward to March 21st at The Crown and of course, The All-Dayer in May.

............................................................. Dave & Jan

For anyone that is interested, if the timings work out ok, I may be doing a Modern set in the afternoon too, soooooooooo for all you lot that always wondered what dooooooooooooooo's darn sarf were like, this is the ideal opportunity to experience it............your gonna be treated to some fab soul music & by god we know how to have a good time (I think there running scared Alfie :thumbsup: ).

BTW Send flyers pse.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

is proud to present an

ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Wigan Brian

More info to follow....

Hi Alfie

Is this a one off event or do you plan to have any more later in the year,

my daughter lives in Southampton and it would be great to go and stay with her and incorperate

a soul do in with our visit. We have been to the soul cellar a couple of times but as Northern soul goes in there it is a bit hit and miss.

Gman.

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

is proud to present an

ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Wigan Brian

More info to follow....

Hi Alfie

Is this a one off event or do you plan to have any more later in the year,

my daughter lives in Southampton and it would be great to go and stay with her and incorperate

a soul do in with our visit. We have been to the soul cellar a couple of times but as Northern soul goes in there it is a bit hit and miss.

Gman.

[/quote

HI hope your well...

not sure at the moment want to see how this one goes...getting lots of interest so fingers crossed..on the day it will be busy...if your not around that weekend the Opera House...(bournemouth) has a do on the 16th may...or Soul In The Crown on the 30th may...(southampton)...I was down the soul cella on sat...looks like me and my good freind chilli could be down there later on in the year as we were asked if we would like to spin some toons down there...more info to follow on that though. if you make it on the 24th come and say hello...

alfie

Edited by alfie00soul

A great opportunity for the travellers to get down & see what its all about...............gonna be a super day Alfie...........Keep at it >>>>>>>>>>>

Russ

i know some are travelling down from northampton & cambridge & other area's...lots of interest at the mo...Fantastic...

Hi russ..hope your well...

pm me your address again mate and i'll pop some flyers in the post...got to send mr abbott some aswell...good to see you the other sat...i will pm you the dj times...looks like it will be a spot in the day time and a spot in the evening...that way everyone gets a fair crack at the whip...its gonna be acroos the board soul so what ever you want to play then play it and play it loud...lol...i'm sure the modern crowd will be up for it...the dj's i asked for the day will cater for everyone's needs i'm sure...

Ruth says hi & thankyou for your support.... :unsure:

13 weeks and counting....roll on the 24th... :unsure:

Edited by alfie00soul
Guest tonycastle

Hi Alfie! I've finally worked out how this forum posting works :thumbup:

Looking forward to the alldayer - shaping up to be a goodun. Are you doing The Opera House on Sat? Me & LA are probably going to Baby Charles at the Soul Cellar. We could drop some flyers off if can get them to me.

TC

Hi Alfie! I've finally worked out how this forum posting works :ohmy:

Looking forward to the alldayer - shaping up to be a goodun. Are you doing The Opera House on Sat? Me & LA are probably going to Baby Charles at the Soul Cellar. We could drop some flyers off if can get them to me.

TC

Hi mr castle...hope you and your good wife are well...went to the opera house and it was Fantastic...really busy...the djs were tops...10/10...hope you ad a good night down the soul cella...

13 weeks and counting for the All-Dayer really looking forward to it...lots & lots of interest so fingers crossed it's gonna be a busy one...

catch up soon m8

alfie

Guest Dave Mortimore

Hi mr castle...hope you and your good wife are well...went to the opera house and it was Fantastic...really busy...the djs were tops...10/10...hope you ad a good night down the soul cella...

13 weeks and counting for the All-Dayer really looking forward to it...lots & lots of interest so fingers crossed it's gonna be a busy one...

catch up soon m8

alfie

. Hi Alfie, I'm sorry we didn't get to talk on Saturday at The Opera House. There were so many people to catch up with that we just didn't get the time to chat. If you've read the Look-Back string for Saturday, you'll see that Shaun has been congratulated and rightfully lauded for what he's done by bringing The Opera House to the fore-front of the local soul scene.

. I know we're not talking on the same magnitude, but what you're trying to do at 'The Empire Hall' is truely commendable and the feed-back from everyone is that they'll all be there and hence it'll be a complete success.

. So there's no need to cross the fingers! Like others, we look forward to the big day! . . Dave & Jan

Edited by Dave Mortimore

. Hi Alfie, I'm sorry we didn't get to talk on Saturday at The Opera House. There were so many people to catch up with that we just didn't get the time to chat. If you've read the Look-Back string for Saturday, you'll see that Shaun has been congratulated and rightfully lauded for what he's done by bringing The Opera House to the fore-front of the local soul scene.

. I know we're not talking on the same magnitude, but what you're trying to do at 'The Empire Hall' is truely commendable and the feed-back from everyone is that they'll all be there and hence it'll be a complete success.

. So there's no need to cross the fingers! Like others, we look forward to the big day! . . Dave & Jan

Hi dave/jan

good to see you on sat...i know what you mean loads of ppl... :thumbup:

catch up soon.... :thumbsup:

alfie

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

is proud to present an

ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Wigan Brian

More info to follow....

Bump.... thumbup.gif

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

is proud to present an

ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Wigan Brian

More info to follow....

Bump...Bump.... thumbup.gif

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

is proud to present an

ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Wigan Brian

More info to follow....

Ok boys & girls, not long to go now & would really like to see some of our friends that we see at events all over the country pitching up & supporting this, its gonna be a riot & has the potential to be a right 'away day'.....come on down !!!.......there's gonna be beer, soul music, beer, more beer & shed loads of soulllllllll...... all on the sunny south coast.......the music as ever will be eclectic & soulful covering all genres through out the day, but one thing you can be certain of & that is the South Fareham Massive are on a mission from god (or is that dog !) to ensure this is party central.....& we want you there to share it with us......make your plans now guys n gals, we travel miles to be with you all on a regular basis, just the once would like to get you all on our turf for a day of Rythmn n booze & soulful friendships......

Russ the record laugh.gif

Edited by Russ Vickers

Ok boys & girls, not long to go now & would really like to see some of our friends that we see at events all over the country pitching up & supporting this, its gonna be a riot & has the potential to be a right 'away day'.....come on down !!!.......there's gonna be beer, soul music, beer, more beer & shed loads of soulllllllll...... all on the sunny south coast.......the music as ever will be eclectic & soulful covering all genres through out the day, but one thing you can be certain of & that is the South Fareham Massive are on a mission from god (or is that dog !) to ensure this is party central.....& we want you there to share it with us......make your plans now guys n gals, we travel miles to be with you all on a regular basis, just the once would like to get you all on our turf for a day of Rythmn n booze & soulful friendships......

Russ the record laugh.gif

Hi russ...hope your well...

thanx for the post...i know that a few ppl are coming down from northampton/cambridge/manchester...so ppl are gonna travel to this...what more cld you ask for...was speaking to them at the weekend...not long now...roll on may... :lol:

10 weeks & counting...

alfie...

SO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH.....& LOVIN IT.... :P

Hi russ...hope your well...

thanx for the post...i know that a few ppl are coming down from northampton/cambridge/manchester...so ppl are gonna travel to this...what more cld you ask for...was speaking to them at the weekend...not long now...roll on may... :lol:

10 weeks & counting...

alfie...

SO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH.....& LOVIN IT.... :lol:

I just think it would be a great opportunity for people to try some Southern hospitality & have a great time & hear some great soul music South Coast style.........nothing tooo clever from moi..........cos its gonna be party time, would love some of our mates from far & wide to come down & have a blast with us..........Bank Holiday too, loads of hotels etc, not too far from the seaside..........

Russ

I just think it would be a great opportunity for people to try some Southern hospitality & have a great time & hear some great soul music South Coast style.........nothing tooo clever from moi..........cos its gonna be party time, would love some of our mates from far & wide to come down & have a blast with us..........Bank Holiday too, loads of hotels etc, not too far from the seaside..........

Russ

Hi russ...

hope your well... :lol:

Could'nt agree more with the above...it would be a great oppitunity for soulie's far & wide to come down...

Went down the hall the other day just to check & make sure that everything is ok..and it's all ok..the manager of the The Empire hall told me that ppl have been intouch about B&B..i will put info up for next week..for anyone interested...

ps...

sorry you did'nt get the flyers a slight hick up..will get some more out to you asap...

catch up soon.. :lol:

alfie

Got any phots of the venue lads.............yeah & make sure that system is is the bollox............we wanna take the roof off the sucka............

Russ

hi russ..hope your well..

i was sent some by the club secetary to my email address..pm your address and i'll forward them on to you....

only thing is that she took them when it was decked out for a wedding..take no notice of that though..lol

Had few calls from record dealers aswell...so if you know of any that wld like to come down they are more than welcome..plenty of room as you will see from the photo's...

alfie

Edited by alfie00soul

not long now mate before we will be setting up ready for us and your guess to play cant wait mate cool.gif

Not wrong there m8...thanx for the offer to help to set up... :D ...i will be down there about midday...getting really excited..only 10 weeks to go...roll on the 24th...car'nt wait... :D

alfie

Guest chilly

Good evening soulies... :rolleyes:

61 days & counting...car'nt wait...roll on the 24th may....

SO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH.... :ohmy:

time going quick will not be long before i have to find out my 70s for you again thumbup.gif:shhh:

time going quick will not be long before i have to find out my 70s for you again :lol::lol:

You do like your 70's don't you....when you going in the modern room at the opera house????

not long now m8...only 59 days left till the all-dayer...roll on the 24th...

SO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH...& lovin it... :lol:

Already marked on my calendar...

Seems that it will be a very busy Month for me and my record box...bring it on!!! :lol:

Billyboy..

Top Man Billy Boy...there's loads of space so make sure you bring a big sales box.... :D

Not long now and it will soon be the 24th May...can't wait... :wub:

alfie

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

is proud to present an

ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Tim Smithers

Wigan Brian

More info to follow....

Bump..... :lol:

Bump... :thumbsup:

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

is proud to present an

ALL-DAYER

At the Empire Hall

Totton

SOUTHAMPTON

SUN 24th MAY 09

12 Hours of quality soul

2pm til 2am

£7 b4 9pm £8 after

DJ line up....

Alfie

Chilli

Chris Thorley

Dave Abbott

Moldie

Nick Mack

Russ Vickers

Simon Preston

Steve Lyons

Tim Smithers

Wigan Brian

More info to follow....

Bump..... wink.gif

Only 7 weeks left..... :D ...roll on the 24th.... :unsure:

Guest adidaschile62

Top man mr Mischief...catch up with you tonight...hope you ad a brill holiday....

The flyers are out for Soul In the Crown...30th may....

regards

alfie

cheers mate......well up for this one having missed out on some local soul nights recently!..will try and spread the word around Soton for you!

Edited by adidaschile62

cheers mate......well up for this one having missed out on some local soul nights recently!..will try and spread the word around Soton for you!

top man...see you in 7 weeks....it's gonna be a cracker...

i will be out & about in soton today putting up posters...

see you soon...

alfie.... :)

Source Advert